4 p.m on a Sunday.

Asda will need to get their own brand stuff stocked up
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 30, 2022, 04:01:57 PM
Quarter finals

Saturday

Offaly v New York at 2pm in O'Connor Park.

Sunday

Carlow v Westmeath  in Cullen Park at 2pm
Leitrim v Sligo  in Carrick on Shannon at 3pm
Fermanagh v Cavan  in Brewster Park at 4pm

Leitrim v Sligo and Offaly v New York the games chosen for live GAAGO coverage.

Fermanagh v Cavan would be more exciting than Offaly and flamin' NY.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Itchy

Quote from: FermGael on May 30, 2022, 05:57:16 PM
4 p.m on a Sunday.

Asda will need to get their own brand stuff stocked up

Yeh, tell them to buy extra Pizzas as big Quigley cleaned them out the last time we were up

full moon

Cavan and Fermanagh know each other very well especially with Ricey and Kieran Donnelly involved in both set ups. I like Fermanagh doing well mostly sound folk and supporters. Unlike say an Armagh who are difficult to tolerate and lean towards thuggery on and off the field 8)

armaghniac

Quote from: full moon on May 30, 2022, 11:43:23 PM
Cavan and Fermanagh know each other very well especially with Ricey and Kieran Donnelly involved in both set ups. I like Fermanagh doing well mostly sound folk and supporters. Unlike say an Armagh who are difficult to tolerate and lean towards thuggery on and off the field 8)

With Ricey having been involved I expect there is some knowledge of the dark arts in the flooded county.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

That's a fair bit of mental gymnastics to fit Armagh into a thread on the Tailtean Cup. 

Dreadnought

Quote from: yellowcard on May 31, 2022, 11:51:48 AM

That's a fair bit of mental gymnastics to fit Armagh into a thread on the Tailtean Cup.

I'll join in. With Armaghs recent Championship record, it's the likes of them that should be in the Tailteann Cup. It should never have been split on League only

Turf

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 30, 2022, 08:51:33 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 30, 2022, 04:01:57 PM
Quarter finals

Saturday

Offaly v New York at 2pm in O'Connor Park.

Sunday

Carlow v Westmeath  in Cullen Park at 2pm
Leitrim v Sligo  in Carrick on Shannon at 3pm
Fermanagh v Cavan  in Brewster Park at 4pm

Leitrim v Sligo and Offaly v New York the games chosen for live GAAGO coverage.

Fermanagh v Cavan would be more exciting than Offaly and flamin' NY.
Offaly vs NY will probably still be a better game than any of the Provincial Finals that were on last weekend ffs.

Dreadnought

Quote from: Dreadnought on May 31, 2022, 12:39:49 PM

I'll join in. With Armaghs recent Championship record, it's the likes of them that should be in the Tailteann Cup. It should never have been split on League only

And yes, it's tongue firmly in cheek so no need to bite, but saw the opportunity when you mentioned Armagh. Of course it's far more nuanced than that. But there's an element of truth in it.

Westside

One of the bonuses of the Tailteann Cup is removing the possibility of having to sit with/near Armagh supporters.

yellowcard

Quote from: Westside on May 31, 2022, 12:49:32 PM
One of the bonuses of the Tailteann Cup is removing the possibility of having to sit with/near Armagh supporters.

I didn't realise that Armagh had a rivalry with Cavan but every days a school day. 

yellowcard

Quote from: Dreadnought on May 31, 2022, 12:41:43 PM

And yes, it's tongue firmly in cheek so no need to bite, but saw the opportunity when you mentioned Armagh. Of course it's far more nuanced than that. But there's an element of truth in it.

It's not biting, its simply pulling up nonsensical claims so join in if you want. An element of truth to what?

Dreadnought

Quote from: yellowcard on May 31, 2022, 12:54:00 PM

I didn't realise that Armagh had a rivalry with Cavan but every days a school day.

Big row in the pre match parade 2014?

Dreadnought

Quote from: yellowcard on May 31, 2022, 12:57:03 PM
Quote from: Dreadnought on May 31, 2022, 12:41:43 PM

It's not biting, its simply pulling up nonsensical claims so join in if you want. An element of truth to what?

Your Championship record is brutal. One of the worst in Ulster. And you're the last team to be in an Ulster final, everyone else has got there recently before you. But you do decently in Spring, so that lets you into Sam. If there was a weighting on championship results only (which it should be), you'd be doing well to not be in Tailteann. Mad system we have when you can be grand in Spring, bad in summer, but be rewarded. What was your last big Championship result?

yellowcard

Quote from: Dreadnought on May 31, 2022, 01:00:18 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on May 31, 2022, 12:54:00 PM

Big row in the pre match parade 2014?

Well I'd forgotten that myself. Given it's so long ago, I expect that very few players are still playing from that time. And I'm not sure what exactly the fans had to do with it either but you if you search hard enough to be offended I guess you will find a reason somewhere.