All Ireland u17 & u20 2022

Started by omagh_gael, April 22, 2022, 04:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

Quote from: Tubberman on May 14, 2022, 08:21:53 AM
Quote from: An Watcher on May 14, 2022, 08:00:11 AM
I see today's final is clashing with the FA cup final.  Could there not have been a wee bit of forward thinking on this eg play it at 3 or play it at 7?

Who gives a shite about the FA Cup final? The teams involved hardly care let alone GAA supporters
100% I doubt too many involved will spare a thought for the FA cup final to be fair.

An Watcher

Irrespective of your views on either it shouldn't clash like this.  They're meant to be promoting big gaa events.  Nit putting them on at the same time as other big events.  If it couldn't be helped then fair enough but really

full moon

Not sure the FA Cup final is as big as it used to be. Don't think many will care about it outside Liverpool fans and even then they're in the Champions League final and title race.

I'll have the U20s game on instead. English soccer is gone stale for me too much money.

full moon

On to the game itself. I actually fancy Kildare to win this. Cavan should have beaten Tyrone. Kildare had several decent  wins including against Offaly the reigning champions and Dublin and Sligo.

I note Kildare have drifted out to 2/1 which is a big price. I consider this at best a 50/50 match up. Perhaps some are swayed by Canavan and the names in Tyrone line up. Good players no doubt but it's a 15 man game.

fearsiuil

Quote from: full moon on May 14, 2022, 12:20:08 PM
On to the game itself. I actually fancy Kildare to win this. Cavan should have beaten Tyrone. Kildare had several decent  wins including against Offaly the reigning champions and Dublin and Sligo.

I note Kildare have drifted out to 2/1 which is a big price. I consider this at best a 50/50 match up. Perhaps some are swayed by Canavan and the names in Tyrone line up. Good players no doubt but it's a 15 man game.

How much you putting on the 2/1??

Blowitupref

Quote from: full moon on May 14, 2022, 12:20:08 PM

Usually a lot of teams that reaches these underage final gets a big scare on route. Tyrone got that against Cavan and needed extra time to overcome Donegal and Kerry game could have gone either way.

For Kildare their quarter-final tie stands out.

With two points between the sides, in the last action of the game, a slack pass by Kildare full back Dean O’Donoghue presented Oisin Hooney with a glorious chance to score a match winning goal but agonisingly for Laois his shot with the last kick of the match went inches past the post.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Captain Obvious

Lively contest 1-3 after 16 Minutes with a good atmosphere that would probably be lost in Croke park?

Baile an tuaigh

Tyrone well on top have better forwards leading 1  8 to 1. 4. Seem to struggle at midfield but it seems they got it sorted. Kildare free makes it a 3 point game. Canavan outstanding.

Baile an tuaigh

Half time

Tyrone 1  09
Kildare 1  05

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Tatler Jack

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 14, 2022, 05:34:41 PM
A good quality final.

+1

Tyrone have some quality players with good basic skills

omagh_gael

You have to wonder what goes through referee's heads at times...how the hell was that not a black for the foot trip??

Ruairi Canavan is a special, special talent.

Blowitupref

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 14, 2022, 05:54:35 PM

Stand out player in this U20 championship. 1-30 i think he's scored and counting

Baile an tuaigh

Wee Harry Potter makes it 7 point lead still two more years at this grade Ruiri one more. All Tyrone. Ruiri man of match.

red hander

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 14, 2022, 05:57:46 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on May 14, 2022, 05:54:35 PM

Stand out player in this U20 championship. 1-30 i think he's scored and counting

The oul apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. Brilliant footballer.