All Ireland u17 & u20 2022

Started by omagh_gael, April 22, 2022, 04:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5times5times

Quote from: Hound on May 10, 2022, 08:49:44 PM
Needed both teams to request Croke Park for it even to be considered. Tyrone did not make the request as I understand it. Ticket prices for fans would presumably be more expensive as part of the triple bill.

But it's rare for the U20/21 final to be played in Croker.

What, like the u20 final last year??

Blowitupref

Needed both teams to request Croke Park for it even to be considered. Tyrone did not make the request as I understand it. Ticket prices for fans would presumably be more expensive as part of the triple bill.

But it’s rare for the U20/21 final to be played in Croker.

It was rare for U21. 3 of the 4 U20 All-Ireland finals was played in Croke Park. On ticket prices Kildare supporters will have to fork out an extra 25€ on tickets now if they are to attend both Saturdays final and the senior semi final on Sunday.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Main Street

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 10, 2022, 10:17:58 PM

It was rare for U21. 3 of the 4 U20 All-Ireland finals was played in Croke Park. On ticket prices Kildare supporters will have to fork out an extra 25€ on tickets now if they are to attend both Saturdays final and the senior semi final on Sunday.
And add in the high cost of fueling them Range Rovers ::)  Hound, on occasion offers common sense but he's experienced a memory lapse of sorts, maybe due to Dublin not reaching the final.
Last year's final was unforgettable for those who watched it.

Tyrone Dreamer

Given they've set the price at €25 for Saturday (it's €30 euro on Sunday with option of cheaper hill tickets) I don't think this was much of a factor. The only difficulty on Sunday was a relatively early start but it definitely made more sense to play it in Croke Park with Kildare already there and would have led to a healthy Kildare attendance.

Mikhailov

I see the Hurling U20 final (Cats v Limerick) will be in Thurles before the Tipp v Cork Senior Hurling Championship game - some difference of prestige in that fixture in comparison to the football final.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mikhailov on May 11, 2022, 11:01:16 AM
I see the Hurling U20 final (Cats v Limerick) will be in Thurles before the Tipp v Cork Senior Hurling Championship game - some difference of prestige in that fixture in comparison to the football final.

Have Tipp or Cork anything to play for? I don't think Tipperary do and if Cork don't they should be the curtain-raiser.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rrhf

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 10, 2022, 10:17:58 PM

Can they use the Croker or nowhere cry!!!!

Blowitupref

Kildare and Dublin into the Leinster U17 final and All-Ireland quarter finals with their comfortable semi final wins against Wicklow, Offaly tonight.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Redhand Santa

Venue aside I'm looking forward to this u20 final on Saturday. Kildare were very impressive against Dublin and based on that should probably be favourites. But either way there shouldn't be much in it. From a Tyrone point of view it's nice to see so many familiar names involved - Canavan, Cush, McGleenan, Donaghy. Kildare will be better defensively which will make it difficult for Canavan to be as dominant as against Kerry. Hopefully the venue doesn't put too many off as the players deserve to a decent crowd for such a big game.

rrhf

It will be a great day if the sons some day take a Celtic Cross medal back home. 

rodney trotter

Hound

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 12, 2022, 08:03:44 AM
Venue aside I'm looking forward to this u20 final on Saturday. Kildare were very impressive against Dublin and based on that should probably be favourites. But either way there shouldn't be much in it. From a Tyrone point of view it's nice to see so many familiar names involved - Canavan, Cush, McGleenan, Donaghy. Kildare will be better defensively which will make it difficult for Canavan to be as dominant as against Kerry. Hopefully the venue doesn't put too many off as the players deserve to a decent crowd for such a big game.
Of course Tyrone are favourites after beating Kerry. 8/11 on with Boyles.

An Watcher

I see today's final is clashing with the FA cup final.  Could there not have been a wee bit of forward thinking on this eg play it at 3 or play it at 7?

Tubberman

Quote from: An Watcher on May 14, 2022, 08:00:11 AM
I see today's final is clashing with the FA cup final.  Could there not have been a wee bit of forward thinking on this eg play it at 3 or play it at 7?

Who gives a shite about the FA Cup final? The teams involved hardly care let alone GAA supporters
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

Quote from: An Watcher on May 14, 2022, 08:00:11 AM

Agree. FA Cup should be brought forward to 3pm.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.