Connacht u20 Final Venue?

Started by SLIGONIAN, April 15, 2022, 05:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Well said Sligo.
Disgraceful Connacht Council.
Anyway game should be on Saturday 23rd.

PS Arnaghniac it's Sligo's turn to have a home game against the Rhubarbs.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

weareros

Well done Sligo County Board. Shameful by Connacht Council. Seem to be addicted to the dopamine of getting pats on back for their COE from Pat Spillane and Colm O'Rourke. Game should be in Sligo. It's end of April. Play outside with supporters and atmosphere.

Itchy

Quote from: weareros on April 16, 2022, 05:21:56 PM
Well done Sligo County Board. Shameful by Connacht Council. Seem to be addicted to the dopamine of getting pats on back for their COE from Pat Spillane and Colm O'Rourke. Game should be in Sligo. It's end of April. Play outside with supporters and atmosphere.

100% correct by Sligo. As idiot8c decisions by provincial Council go, this one takes the biscuit

maigheo

Well done to the Sligo county board .Game should be in Sligo

From the Bunker

Yes should be in a stadium, not in a field out in the middle of nowhere!

Rossfan

Ros weren't allowed use Kiltoom, capacity 3,500, in 2016 but this fkn waste of money is suitable.
Give the vain ones  enough rope and they'll hang themselves as they have.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

joemamas

Quote from: maigheo on April 16, 2022, 06:18:28 PM
Well done to the Sligo county board .Game should be in Sligo

+1 and I am from Mayo. Total BS

SLIGONIAN

Fair play to the Mayo lads acknowledging this.

The game is in Markievicz at 6pm. Just confirmed to me.

Fair play to our County Board.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Blowitupref

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 16, 2022, 08:20:31 PM
Fair play to the Mayo lads acknowledging this.

The game is in Markievicz at 6pm. Just confirmed to me.

Fair play to our County Board.
Played where it should be played. Sligo proved right to stand their ground.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

marty34

Good work by Sligo GAA - stood their ground.

Hard to beat a bit of common sense at times!

Farrandeelin

Fair play Sligo, absolutely right decision. As Sligonian said both TG4 and C Council look very bad in all of this.

Also agree with Rossfan, game should be on the Saturday to maximise attendance.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Baile Brigín 2

Fair play to Sligo. Unacceptable that a provincial final goes to a training ground to suit television. But it's my bollocks that a provincial final goes to one of the worst stadiums in the country because 'tradition' dictates the counties alternate.

That said, this whole broader thing is a mess. Teams dictating venues games because they traditionally alternate, games not in X  there are no lights and it's an evening game on the box etc.  Nonsense.

A provincial final is in X on date Y at Z o'clock and that is cast in stone 6 months before a ball is thrown in. End of. 

All county grounds should get a rating and the scale of games you get to play at home is dictated by the quality and size of the venue.

Itchy

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 16, 2022, 10:53:17 PM
Fair play to Sligo. Unacceptable that a provincial final goes to a training ground to suit television. But it's my bollocks that a provincial final goes to one of the worst stadiums in the country because 'tradition' dictates the counties alternate.

That said, this whole broader thing is a mess. Teams dictating venues games because they traditionally alternate, games not in X  there are no lights and it's an evening game on the box etc.  Nonsense.

A provincial final is in X on date Y at Z o'clock and that is cast in stone 6 months before a ball is thrown in. End of. 

All county grounds should get a rating and the scale of games you get to play at home is dictated by the quality and size of the venue.

Markievicz is a totally adequate ground to host a u20 provincial final. Are you saying it is one of the worst stadiums?

sligoman2

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Itchy on April 17, 2022, 09:50:55 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 16, 2022, 10:53:17 PM

Markievicz is a totally adequate ground to host a u20 provincial final. Are you saying it is one of the worst stadiums?

I'm sure it is. But did the authorities designate it the final venue in advance or just make it up as they go along? Sligo shouldn't have a say here beyond balloon park not being suitable