Connacht SFC 2022

Started by Rossfan, April 04, 2022, 09:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliverkelly

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 29, 2022, 06:38:43 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on April 29, 2022, 06:30:03 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on April 29, 2022, 02:05:10 PM

Connacht GAA are streaming all group minor championship games but this senior semi final and next week Leitrim v Galway can't be watched live unless you attend. Anyone else find that a bit bizzare?

I'd imagine this is down to what was sold in terms of the television rights. I'd say Connacht GAA don't have the rights to stream the senior game.

You'd hope there'd by a bit more joined up thinking in terms of the next television rights sale i.e. a clause that says that any game that isn't being broadcast will be availble to be streamed on GAAGO

Looks that way with the Connacht GAA and no such right with the minor games. When GAAGO stepped in to stream New York v Sligo i would have thought they'd show both or at least one of the semi finals.
Game could go anyway tomorrow wouldn't be biggest surprise in the world if Sligo pulled out a shock or if we win handy imo. No reason why it wouldn't appeal to the neutral when sky are going to show Dublin wallop wexford instead

sans pessimism

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on April 24, 2022, 11:14:11 PM
The more I think about it, the more I'm annoyed that Cillian O'Connor started today. Before throw in I said it'd be a madness call if he started because he clearly couldn't be ready.

But even more than that, James Horans biggest and arguably only quality is that he brings through young players very well. So today he could've given Orme or Carney an opportunity and live or die by the outcome.

But no COC is back so he starts. He now knows he doesn't need to up his game at all because he's an automatic starter. He wasn't fit today, he contributed nothing, and took frees off our best forward because he is who he is.

He could've started a young player today and if it didn't work you have a fired up COC coming off the bench to earn his place. But instead COC is ineffective and you have no options off the bench.

One of the main things I can't get over is the 45s. He can't take them, whatever about the frees he kicked the easy ones and missed the big one but whatever he's kicked enough frees to earn a bit of leeway there. But he can't take 45s, he probably hasn't kicked one in 10 years. It would be okay if the frees were split between him and ROD based on ability. But COC has to take everything.

He'll start the next day. He knows that. So why push that extra yard?
My dear fellow,you have the brain of a batttery hen if you think Cillian doesn't push himself to the very limit EVERY time he takes the field.
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Blowitupref

Sligo team and subs

Aidan Devaney   (Calry/St Josephs)
David Philips   (St Marys)
Evan Lyons   (Shamrock Gaels)
Paul McNamara   (St Johns)
Paul Kilcoyne   (St Marys)
Darragh Cummins   (Calry/St Josephs)
Nathan Mullen   (Coolaney/Mullinabreena)
Sean Carrabine   (Castleconnor)
Conan Marren   (Tourlestrane)
Keelan Cawley ©   (Coolera-Strandhill)
Alan Reilly   (Curry)
Mikey Gordon   (Easkey)
David Quinn   (Shamrock Gaels)
Patrick Ó'Connor   (St Farnans)
Niall Murphy   (Coolera-Strandhill)

Eamonn Kilgannon   (St Farnans)
Mark Walsh   (Owenmore Gaels)
Peter Laffey   (Coolera-Strandhill)
Gavin Gorman   (Coolaney/Mullinabreena)
Conor Griffin   (Calry/St Josephs)
Pat Spillane   (St Judes (Dublin)
Raymond Connolly   (Coolaney/Mullinabreena)
Barry Gorman   (Coolaney/Mullinabreena)
Nathan Rooney   (St Marys)
Pat Hughes   (Geevagh)
Kenny Gavigan   (Tourlestrane)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Itchy

I see this match isn't on TV. Why is there no outrage that my 100 year old neighbour who can't afford sky can't see this game.

Wildweasel74

Gaa originally was to keep Gaelic games alive in Ireland, some bigwig thinks it can bring in money internationally, He must be the only one. Games like Sligo Roscommon I used to watch on normal TV, am not spending any more for sport on pay for view TV channels. .

Itchy

Lad you might correct all the spellings in that post so I can see if I agree with you. Today's games isn't on Sky, or rte or gaago or anywhere and it's a provincial semi final.

Rossfan

Ah sure it's only Connacht.... >:(
Basking in English sunshine but hear it's wet and miserable in Sligo which should reduce the gap between the teams.
Get the job done lads
ROS ABÚ💛💛💙
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

SLIGONIAN

Did anybody see the sending-off in the Sligo V Roscommon game?

Hopefully, the cameras got it.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Itchy

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 30, 2022, 08:45:25 PM
Did anybody see the sending-off in the Sligo V Roscommon game?

Hopefully, the cameras got it.

I was at the match and whatever happened was right in front of me but I missed it, roscommon fella beside me said he saw it but was very little in it. Over fussy ref in charge, whatever hope there was of a contest died with that red card. Sligo have a long way to go to get back competitive in Connacht

oliverkelly

Fella beside me in stand said he saw it and I was totally stupid by the Sligo player but on the harsh side as Cox made most of it. Soon as Cox hit his free defender ran in and pushed him into the face is what I was told. Sligo No.5 was could have got a red just before that for a swinging arm tackle to the head.
Ended the game as a contest and while Sligo battled hard for the rest of the first half the game was over as a contest

Eire90

maybe provincial semi are not as big of deal anymore since backdoor came in and in roscommon got a bye to it

Rossfan

Well done to team and management.
Job done but the real season starts now.
A ludicrous 4 week gap to the Final.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on May 01, 2022, 11:54:24 AM
Well done to team and management.
Job done but the real season starts now.
A ludicrous 4 week gap to the Final.
leinster has 12 counties so tales longer to run off
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

A lot of players in their mid 20s no longer playing for Sligo Cian Breheny, Kevin McDonnell, Kyle Cawley, Liam Gaughan to name but a few are they injured or no longer committing to the county scene?

Mano

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 02, 2022, 01:31:18 PM
A lot of players in their mid 20s no longer playing for Sligo Cian Breheny, Kevin McDonnell, Kyle Cawley, Liam Gaughan to name but a few are they injured or no longer committing to the county scene?
McDonnell was forced to retire with a hip injury about 2 years ago. Kyle Cawley has given up football - doesn't even play for his club any more.
Liam Gaughan will be back when McEntee steps down which hopefully will be at the end of this year. Others hopefully will return also under new management.