Connacht SFC 2022

Started by Rossfan, April 04, 2022, 09:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 17, 2022, 11:23:43 PM
How come his Lad ended up in Sligo, (yip I know his mother from there). From the games I seen of him this year he was good enough for both the Kerry and Dublin panels. Does that lad not live in Dublin.

Eligible under the parentage rule. Same way Conor Cox switched to Roscommon .
Spillane never featured for Kerry underage, so would have been a bit of the Senior panel. A few Sligo players work in Dublin, so its no big deal that Spillane plays club football in Dublin.

From the Bunker

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 17, 2022, 11:20:37 PM
Great effort by New York. Anyone check in on Pat Spillane, he didn't sound well in commentary, could hardly finish a sentence

Yes, was emotionally involved in the game and you could sense his anxiety. Nice of him to volunteer himself for this junket. An all expenses paid trip to NY to see the young lad come off the bench and a paid seat to watch the game to bout!

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 17, 2022, 11:14:50 PM
That a grass or astroturf pitch the sligo, New york game on, the pitch linings a disaster.

Astroturf surface.

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 17, 2022, 11:20:37 PM
Great effort by New York. Anyone check in on Pat Spillane, he didn't sound well in commentary, could hardly finish a sentence

His first time to do co commentator and he was more like a restless fan watching the game.

Fuzzman

Did I hear them say on TSG last night that new York will play in the Taitleann Cup?

sligoman2

We got out of Jail barely yesterday.  I was at the game and full credit to NY, they played well and have some real good players.

Sligo were destroyed at midfield until Conan Marren came in for the last 10 minutes or so and caught some great balls and distributed the ball well  Pat Spillane also made a contribution when introduced.  We made the all too familiar mistakes of bad passes, soloing into trouble, over carrying etc..  It certainly was a wake up call for us and I'm sure Roscommon are shaking in their boots after watching that game. ;D ;D ;D

At the end of the day it's a win and a game under our belts..
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: sligoman2 on April 18, 2022, 02:27:36 PM
We got out of Jail barely yesterday.  I was at the game and full credit to NY, they played well and have some real good players.

Sligo were destroyed at midfield until Conan Marren came in for the last 10 minutes or so and caught some great balls and distributed the ball well  Pat Spillane also made a contribution when introduced.  We made the all too familiar mistakes of bad passes, soloing into trouble, over carrying etc..  It certainly was a wake up call for us and I'm sure Roscommon are shaking in their boots after watching that game. ;D ;D ;D

Roscommon themselves know all about scares in New York after what happened in 2016.

What's the position with Luke Towey, Pat Hughes for this upcoming semi final, all starters normally but weren't on the 26 yesterday.

sligoman2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 18, 2022, 03:37:37 PM
Quote from: sligoman2 on April 18, 2022, 02:27:36 PM

Roscommon themselves know all about scares in New York after what happened in 2016.

I believe they are injured - Towey was supposed to start I think but was substituted before the game.  Not sure about Hughes, hopefully they are available for the Rossies..

What's the position with Luke Towey, Pat Hughes for this upcoming semi final, all starters normally but weren't on the 26 yesterday.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 18, 2022, 11:22:03 AM
Did I hear them say on TSG last night that new York will play in the Taitleann Cup?

Yes they get a bye into quarter finals on June 5/6.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Sligo v Ros game moved from 1st May to 5pm Saturday 30th April at 5pm " on Garda advice and due to Horse racing".
Arrive home from an overseas break Sunday morning.
Thanks Connacht Council, Gardai and Horsy shower!
2nd ever time for me to miss a Ros Championship game in Europe since I was brought to my first game in 1979 :'(
First time was November 2020.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on April 21, 2022, 12:02:14 AM
Sligo v Ros game moved from 1st May to 5pm Saturday 30th April at 5pm " on Garda advice and due to Horse racing".
Arrive home from an overseas break Sunday morning.
Thanks Connacht Council, Gardai and Horsy shower!
2nd ever time for me to miss a Ros Championship game in Europe since I was brought to my first game in 1979 :'(
First time was November 2020.

A change made this close to a championship game? Another example that those in power has zero respect for supporters attending a game.

Rossfan

10 days before the fixture.....
Some lads had Sunday nights booked in Sligo area for a good night and Bank Holidsy to recover. Saturday night prices apparently off the planet.
The oul paying customer isn't exactly being cared for by CC.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Anybody hazard a prediction as to how this weekend will go? I'm worried our injury situation might be our undoing. That and the fact a good few of the fringe players didn't put their hands up when given a chance towards the end of the league campaign. I hope Horan had his championship team in his head towards the end of the league campaign.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

bucko

https://mayogaa.com/news-detail/10079023/
Mullin and McLaughlin named to start. DOC on the bench, Durcan not named in the squad. AOS partnering Ruane in midfield.

Blowitupref

1. Rory Byrne – Ruairi O'Broin – Castlebar Mitchels
2. Lee Keegan – Laoi MacAogáin – Westport
3. Oisín Mullin - Oisín Ó'Maoláin - Kilmaine
4. Padraig O'Hora – Pádraig O'hOra – Ballina Stephenites
5. Stephen Coen © – Stiofáin O'Cadhain – Hollymount/Carramore
6. Michael Plunkett – Micheal Pluincéid – Ballintubber
7. Eoghan McLaughlin - Eoghan MacLochlainn - Westport
8. Aidan O'Shea – Aodhán O'Sé – Breaffy
9. Matthew Ruane - Maitiú Ó'Ruáin - Breaffy
10. Kevin McLoughlin - Caoimhín MacLochlainn - Knockmore
11. Ryan O'Donoghue – Riain O'Donnachadh - Beal a Mhuirthead
12. Conor Loftus – Conchur O'Lachtnáin – Crossmolina Deel Rovers
13. James Carr - Seamus MacGiolla Cheara - Ardagh
14. Jason Doherty - Séasáon Dochartaigh - Burrishoole
15. Cillian O'Connor - Cillian Ó'Conchúir - Ballintubber

SUBS:
16. Colm Reape - Coilm O'Reabaigh - Knockmore
17. Enda Hession - Éanna Ó hOisín - Garrymore
18. Rory Brickenden - Ruairí Brickenden - Westport
19. David McBrien - Dáithí MacBriain - Ballaghadereen
20. Conor O'Shea – Conchur O'Sé – Breaffy
21. Fergal Boland - Fearghal Ó'Beolláin - Aghamore
22. Darren McHale - Darán MacCéile – Knockmore
23. Aiden Orme – Aodhán Orme – Knockmore
24. Darren Coen - Darán Ó'Cadhain - Hollymount Carramore
25. Diarmuid O'Connor - Diarmuid Ó'Conchúir - Ballintubber
26. Jack Carney - Sean O'Cearnaigh – Kilmeena

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose