Leinster Senior Football Championship 2022

Started by Shamrock Shore, April 01, 2022, 10:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on May 24, 2022, 08:08:22 PM
It seems that there isn't a lot of money being wagered by Kildare supporters on their team. Paddy Power is offering the following odds: Dublin 1/7 Kildare 11/2.
Well Wexford and Meath couldn't have made Dublin look better! No pressure on shooters, no pressure on defence.

Best for Dublin would be to come through a really tough game. With the objective being Sam, I'd honestly prefer to lose, than to win by 10-12 points, as we'd learn nothing from the latter, and we definitely have things to learn.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Hound on May 24, 2022, 08:52:56 PM
It seems that there isn't a lot of money being wagered by Kildare supporters on their team. Paddy Power is offering the following odds: Dublin 1/7 Kildare 11/2.
Well Wexford and Meath couldn't have made Dublin look better! No pressure on shooters, no pressure on defence.

Best for Dublin would be to come through a really tough game. With the objective being Sam, I'd honestly prefer to lose, than to win by 10-12 points, as we'd learn nothing from the latter, and we definitely have things to learn.

No, I'd settle for a big win - after a really tough game  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Captain Scarlet

Kildare just can't be trusted. Like we shipped and missed goals the last day.
Like both teams are not great at the back so it depends on who can limit damage more.
I don't see it 10-12 points as there is a major attitude change since last year.
Our lack of goals is killing us all year, but if they get an early one then we'll see.
Fitness levels seem better too.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Hound on May 24, 2022, 08:52:56 PM
It seems that there isn’t a lot of money being wagered by Kildare supporters on their team. Paddy Power is offering the following odds: Dublin 1/7 Kildare 11/2.
Well Wexford and Meath couldn’t have made Dublin look better! No pressure on shooters, no pressure on defence.

Best for Dublin would be to come through a really tough game. With the objective being Sam, I’d honestly prefer to lose, than to win by 10-12 points, as we’d learn nothing from the latter, and we definitely have things to learn.

Last year i highlighted on here that Dublin was in bother. Less than convincing against Wexford where a mere 0-15 was scored and kept a mediocre Meath in the game until injury time, in that form it was of no surprise Dublin was eventually taken out by the first decent team they played.

As for Dublin right now league relegation seems to be a blessing in disguise they seem fitter and more prepared for this championship. Dublin overcame Wexford and Meath in ruthless fashion. On Saturday they should be beating Kildare by a minimal 8 points and come the end of this championship it will be either Dublin or the team that beats them that will win Sam.

mup

I can't see anything but a Dublin win. Kildare wide open at the back and Dublins experience and know how to make the most of it. I expect a high scoring game.

But i'll live in hope watching from my local shouting and roaring.

Hound

Just one change (at left corner back) for Kildare:

1. Mark Donnellan (Maynooth)
2. Mick O'Grady (Celbridge), 3. Shea Ryan (Sarsfields), 4. Ryan Houlihan (Moorefield)
5. Tony Archbold (Celbridge), 6. James Murray (Moorefield), 7. Kevin Flynn (Celbridge)
8. Kevin Feely (Athy), 9. Kevin O'Callaghan (Celbridge)
10. Alex Beirne (Naas), 11. Ben McCormack (Sarsfields), 12. Paul Cribbin (Johnstownbridge)
13. Darragh Kirwan (Naas), 14. Daniel Flynn (Johnstownbridge), 15. Jimmy Hyland (Ballyteague)

Captain Scarlet

I was at a thing back home last night and we were all very chirpy about today, bar one lad. Then we started looking at it through a less optimistic lens.

We chatted through match-ups and we need our lads to play out of their skin to be in with a shout and you just don't know what you will get. Our full-back line is solid and Houlihan is a massive boost but the half backs are very slack and there are other problem areas too.

I am now very worried that we will lose by 10!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

imtommygunn

We have high hopes for this game Joanne cantwell says. I think Dublin might put ten plus points on them. Hope I am wrong.

Gael85

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on May 28, 2022, 12:50:32 PM
I was at a thing back home last night and we were all very chirpy about today, bar one lad. Then we started looking at it through a less optimistic lens.

We chatted through match-ups and we need our lads to play out of their skin to be in with a shout and you just don't know what you will get. Our full-back line is solid and Houlihan is a massive boost but the half backs are very slack and there are other problem areas too.

I am now very worried that we will lose by 10!

Dublin full back line will struggle against Kildare inside line.

clarshack

Game over. You can't give Dublin a head start like that.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 28, 2022, 04:55:16 PM
We have high hopes for this game Joanne cantwell says. I think Dublin might put ten plus points on them. Hope I am wrong.

She and her panel of experts was trying their best to talk up the contest. The writing was on the wall, Dublin have found their mojo again while Kildare came into this game having conceded 2-15 to a mid table Division three team.

imtommygunn

Not many will beat this Dublin team. Not convinced anyone will.

Blowitupref

A 4th Dublin goal after just 20 mins. Kildare are defending like a poor Div 4 team.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

weareros