Leinster Senior Football Championship 2022

Started by Shamrock Shore, April 01, 2022, 10:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Gael85 on May 02, 2022, 12:44:12 PM
Both semi finals fixed for Croke Park
Home game for the Dubs again
Charge an extra €10 in too

yellowcard

Kildare look in good shape after destroying Louth yesterday and on the back of a decent League campaign even though they were unluckily relegated. After last nights draw I'd expect a Kildare v Dublin final and perhaps Kildare can give the Dubs a rattle this year. They have the best forward line they've had now for a long time.

rodney trotter

They have a good team and a good management in place. Kildare went with a lot of outside managers  McGeeney,Jason Ryan, Jack O Connor.

Glen Ryan , Dermot Early  Anthony Rainbow and Johnny Doyle were top players,which would give young Kikdare players a lift

Cunny Funt

Quote from: yellowcard on May 02, 2022, 01:54:08 PM
Kildare look in good shape after destroying Louth yesterday and on the back of a decent League campaign even though they were unluckily relegated. After last nights draw I'd expect a Kildare v Dublin final and perhaps Kildare can give the Dubs a rattle this year. They have the best forward line they've had now for a long time.

Will they be good enough defensively to rattle the Dubs if that's the final? Conceded 2-20 to Mayo in their final and must win league game. Mayo haven't scored close to that total in other games this year.

yellowcard

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 02, 2022, 02:51:14 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on May 02, 2022, 01:54:08 PM

Will they be good enough defensively to rattle the Dubs if that's the final? Conceded 2-20 to Mayo in their final and must win league game. Mayo haven't scored close to that total in other games this year.

I'm not sure if they are actually capable of beating the Dubs but they are at least capable of being competitive and having a go. Last year they waved the white flag before the game had started by setting up to simply keep the score down. I think they will at least have a cut at it this year.

Blowitupref

One journalist has stated this will be Dublins 26th year in a row to have home advantage for the Leinster semi final.

The last Leinster football semi final double header in Croke Park pre-covid in 2019 Dublin v Kildare and Meath v Laois had attendance of 36,000.

If these two upcoming two semi finals was played in O'Moore Park/O'Connor Park they could easily cater the expected crowd and with a likely better atmosphere.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Captain Scarlet

I'm very wary of a Dubs backlash IF we get to the Final but we have speed and strength all over the field.
Our fitness levels look much better and we have a manager who clearly thinks his players shouldn't just lie down in front of the Dubs.
Still, being from Kildare I also expect some disaster lurking v Westmeath!
We should have too much for them all the same
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Captain Scarlet

Oh and for what it's worth I'd be happy to have been going to Mullingar.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Hound

I was personally hoping for Nowlan Park, as I like the ground. But no surprise the Leinster Council put money as the main driver.

Probably not a bad thing for Kildare to play in Croker, assuming they can take care of Westmeath. But I presume Meath would have preferred anywhere else.

thejuice

Happy to play Dublin anywhere. Just annoyed it won't be televised as I'm don't live in Ireland so will have to resort to LMFM for the biggest game of the year for us. I think we'll have a really good cut at Dublin as I said before, this is Andy's last shot at Dublin who are his (and our) white whale.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Captain Scarlet

Hope Meath rattle the Dubs, but think it's a 6 point win for the Dubs.
I reckon Kildare will be flying today and hopefully come out by 6 or more too.
We have had no luck with the weather so a dry ball in Croke Park will be a really good prospect.
Glenn and the lads have built a panel and the fitness levels seem up too.

Gael85

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on May 15, 2022, 09:31:39 AM
Hope Meath rattle the Dubs, but think it's a 6 point win for the Dubs.
I reckon Kildare will be flying today and hopefully come out by 6 or more too.
We have had no luck with the weather so a dry ball in Croke Park will be a really good prospect.
Glenn and the lads have built a panel and the fitness levels seem up too.

I think Dublin will struggle today. David Byrne and McDaid out for the season. Would fancy Kildare for Leinster now.