Leinster Senior Football Championship 2022

Started by Shamrock Shore, April 01, 2022, 10:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

It's a poor sign for Wexford when increasing their wide stats was seen as a positive by the commentary.

Good to see the Dublin players take their time and mingle with the supporters.

Captain Scarlet

True in fairness. I am being optimistic that Kildare will face them soon, but I do worry about them coming again.
Like Con O'Callaghan changes so much for them.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Hound

Seems like Kildare were very good v Louth today

Meath not so good v Wicklow, but comfortable winners.

Hoping the draw tonight pits Dubs v Meath and Kildare v Westmeath.

Shamrock Shore

Bad sign to see Louth, Wicklow, Wexford, Laois, Longford and Carlow all being hammered.

Did I leave anyone out?

twohands!!!

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 01, 2022, 07:27:34 PM
Bad sign to see Louth, Wicklow, Wexford, Laois, Longford and Carlow all being hammered.

Did I leave anyone out?

Wexford and Carlow both in Division 4.
Laois and Wicklow both relegated to Division 4 while Longford avoided relegation to Division 4 on scoring difference.
Louth getting a look at what it's like to come up against a side who were playing in Division 1 this year.
Offaly's (relegated to Division 3) loss to Wexford looks even worse in light of the result against Dublin.

seafoid

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 01, 2022, 07:27:34 PM

Did I leave anyone out?
It's a sign that the flourbags and Ryles franchises are increasing in value after years of underperformance.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Farrandeelin

Double-header for the semis in Dublin's home ground Croke Park more than likely.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo Border

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 01, 2022, 10:32:09 PM
Double-header for the semis in Dublin's home ground Croke Park more than likely.
Newbridge or Nowhere and
Parc Tailtean or nowhere

Shamrock Shore

Westmeath v Kildare
Meath v Dublin

Hope semis are out of Croke Park

Gael85

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 01, 2022, 11:29:43 PM
Westmeath v Kildare
Meath v Dublin

Hope semis are out of Croke Park

I would be thinking games will be Tullamore or Portlaoise

Gael80

I'm sure it wouldn't of made a big difference to who won, but is there a reason Louth had to play Kildare a week after a big championship win? I found the schedule a bit unfair, and I'm sure it had an impact on the margin of victory.

thejuice

I think there's a realistic chance we can overturn Dublin. I don't think one win over Wexford means they've suddenly turned a corner. I know they have some players back from injury but they are not the force they once were. It's Andy's last shot at them most likely barring a Leinster title and he'll be fully committed to it!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

seafoid

Leinster is a bit like the Super 8s were. There weren't 8 super teams in the Super 8s and there aren't 4 decent teams in Leinster.
The GAA ignored its garden for too long.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Captain Scarlet

As someone who was on the terrace yesterday for Kildare v Offaly in a spot that has one stand and then shared a train with a large number of Kildare fans living in North Kildare who then had to travel back into Dublin to get another train or bus home...I am not massively keen on the romance of the county grounds.

It's mostly based on the Dubs on tour and the craic they bring but in reality for Kildare v Westmeath it'll hardly be a full house anywhere.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Gael85