Leinster Senior Football Championship 2022

Started by Shamrock Shore, April 01, 2022, 10:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muck Savage

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 19, 2022, 11:54:44 AM
I expect handy wins for Louth and Offaly this weekend.

Wicklow v Laois could be a case of the least worst team will win. Anything could happen here, in fairness.

Wexford in Wexford is a tough fixture. If Offaly can get out with a win at all we'd take it. The U20's loosing tonight will make Pendar and O'Neill available which is good for the weekend. Winners prize is a 6 day turnaround to face the Dubs!

Louth should win handy, hard to see Laois getting beat but they have been muck the last few months after celebrating the O'Byrne cup run.

The Biff

Agreed that beating Wexford on their own patch is not a given.  I'm hoping that Offaly will have bottled the hurt of the League Relegation and use that as motivation for a decent Championship run.  Our best performance should beat Wexford's potential best, but it has to be made materialise.  Looking forward to a good game in good weather.
Never argue with a fool; He'll bring you down to his level and then beat you on experience.

full moon

Bad result for Offaly losing to Wexford. From what I came across of Wexford in Division 4 they weren't that great but good win for them.

Wicklow hammering Laois at the minute, another shock of sorts. Laois are really gone downhill now. I wonder is rise of Laois hurling harming football in the county. I don't think Westmeath, Offaly or Laois have the population to compete at a high level in both codes.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: full moon on April 24, 2022, 04:46:17 PM
Bad result for Offaly losing to Wexford. From what I came across of Wexford in Division 4 they weren't that great but good win for them.

Wicklow hammering Laois at the minute, another shock of sorts. Laois are really gone downhill now. I wonder is rise of Laois hurling harming football in the county. I don't think Westmeath, Offaly or Laois have the population to compete at a high level in both codes.

Since when did Laois hurling rise ???

Hound

Seems like Offaly were missing a few important players.

Good performances from Louth and Wicklow.

thejuice

In 2020 we beat Wicklow 7-14 to 0-07. Next weekend's game will be a good measure of our trajectories since then. Laois seem to have really regressed so Wicklows win might need to be taken with a pinch of salt. That said we are vulnerable at the moment and have lost a lot of momentum after 2019. It's pretty much accepted within Meath that Andy is in his final year baring a Leinster title win or getting to a quarter final and the taking a big scalp along the way.

So the mood of apathy might seep into the team's mindset and if things go against us against Wicklow a capitulation is not impossible.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Shamrock Shore

Well, Wexford floored me. A great win over Offaly. Ben Brosan man of the match. Fair play to him. He's tormented Longford often enough.

I was correct in saying anything could happen in Wicklow v Laois. But I did expect Laois to prevail. The scoreline was hurling-esque.

Louth weren't happy with the 15 point win. C'mon lads.

A good weekend ahead lads.

Can we expect any surprises? I'm not.

thejuice

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 01, 2022, 12:36:12 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 01, 2022, 11:16:38 AM
At least this year its not a foregone conclusion (yet).
2010 since Louth won it, Dublin with something like 15 of the last 16....

Dems fighting words to any Meath man

I wouldn't dispute that to be honest. It wasn't a goal. Simple as that. Anyway, moving on...

I don't think there will be any surprises but Louth will give Kildare a stern test and might cause an upset.

Meath vs Wicklow could be a banana skin though apart from his first two years Andy usually has the lads well prepared for championship and we're at home so I think we'll have enough to see it out.

Longford-Westmeath could go either way. Not sure of either trans form.

Wexford will destroy Dublin at home of course. Dessie to do a runner at half time.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

seafoid

Quote from: Laoiseabu on April 24, 2022, 08:13:32 PM
Quote from: full moon on April 24, 2022, 04:46:17 PM

Since when did Laois hurling rise ???
Is it all ground hurling ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hound

Odd for Wexford to choose to play against the wind in the first half.

Dubs in need of a confidence boost and giving us all our kickouts and letting us play with the wind has helped. Only 3-1 after 15 mins. Dubs then got going and lead 10-1 at HT.

We'll see if Wex can up their performance in the second half.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trailer

Hound

It's a pity Offaly were crucified with injuries

Wexford out of their depth here. Nearly as bad as some of the Leinster hurling championship mismatches last week.

Captain Scarlet

In the first half there were actual gaps to be ran into and they seemed to be pre-conditioned to stop and play lateral.
Then Con's goal came from a woeful handpass. Wexford were their own worst enemies at times.
The Dubs won't know where they are really after that.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on April 30, 2022, 07:57:37 PM
In the first half there were actual gaps to be ran into and they seemed to be pre-conditioned to stop and play lateral.
Then Con's goal came from a woeful handpass. Wexford were their own worst enemies at times.
The Dubs won't know where they are really after that.

Dublin know exactly where they are!