Donegal vs Armagh Ulster Championship 2022

Started by Armagh18, March 31, 2022, 10:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatpoint

When was the last time Armagh beat Donegal in a competitive match?

Solo_run

I think 2006 was our last championship win over them.

2010 we won a league game by 10+ but since then Donegal have had our number. Last few outings though have only been by a point in favour of Donegal and draws.

armaghniac

Quote from: Solo_run on April 01, 2022, 02:04:28 PM

2010 we won a league game by 10+ but since then Donegal have had our number. Last few outings though have only been by a point in favour of Donegal and draws.

No, we beat them in a Qualifier in Crossmaglen in 2010 Jamie Clark scored two goals early on and it was all over.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Dire Ear

Could Armagh appealing,  bring further problems for Donegal ,  if more incidents were to appear ??

greatpoint

Armagh had that 12 point defeat in the 2020 Ulster semi-final as well from what I can remember.

J70

Quote from: armaghniac on April 01, 2022, 03:31:59 PM

No, we beat them in a Qualifier in Crossmaglen in 2010 Jamie Clark scored two goals early on and it was all over.

That was rock bottom for Donegal right before McGuinness took over.

Average Score

In fairness they became a machine after that, Armagh has been chasing ever since.

Hound

Quote from: bennydorano on March 31, 2022, 08:04:07 PM

I'm definitely a bit pessimistic by nature and always waiting to be let down by the various teams I support but I've no idea what way this going to go, it's as close to a 50/50 game as you're gonna get. Could be a big Summer ahead for the winner and a first round qualifier exit for the loser.

This is where Ulster teams need to get their heads right, especially for a year like this

Both teams should have big summers ahead, win or lose. The loser should be making the AI Quarter Final, with possibly playing Mayo, Kerry or Dublin. And going into it as a big underdog against possibly undercooked and overrated opposition. A great opportunity.

J70

Quote from: Hound on April 02, 2022, 09:20:13 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 31, 2022, 08:04:07 PM

I'm definitely a bit pessimistic by nature and always waiting to be let down by the various teams I support but I've no idea what way this going to go, it's as close to a 50/50 game as you're gonna get. Could be a big Summer ahead for the winner and a first round qualifier exit for the loser.

This is where Ulster teams need to get their heads right, especially for a year like this

Both teams should have big summers ahead, win or lose. The loser should be making the AI Quarter Final, with possibly playing Mayo, Kerry or Dublin. And going into it as a big underdog against possibly undercooked and overrated opposition. A great opportunity.

That's very true.

Kind of got used to one-and-out the last two years, but no reason why either team should pack it in on losing this one.

armaghniac

Quote from: J70 on April 02, 2022, 01:36:41 PM
That's very true.

Kind of got used to one-and-out the last two years, but no reason why either team should pack it in on losing this one.

All the more reason not to have another melee then.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Average Score

Maybe the parking attendants will be better trained in Ballybofey.   ;D ;D

David McKeown

Anyone else hearing the CCCC are likely to propose additional suspensions this week?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Armagh18

Quote from: David McKeown on April 04, 2022, 10:23:37 AM
Anyone else hearing the CCCC are likely to propose additional suspensions this week?
Hearing that the original bans were from the referees report and that the video evidence was looked at on Friday and sounds like bad news for Armagh. Hopefully not true and will ruin the game.

tyrone08

Was it not completely stupid of Armagh to appeal the decision in the first place as it was likely that video evidence would be used?

David McKeown

Quote from: tyrone08 on April 04, 2022, 11:11:20 AM
Was it not completely stupid of Armagh to appeal the decision in the first place as it was likely that video evidence would be used?

I think this is separate to the appeal. The CCCC were always going to look at the video regardless.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner