GaaGo

Started by gortnaleck, February 26, 2022, 08:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full moon

Quote from: armaghniac on March 01, 2022, 11:43:42 PM
Perhaps there needs to be GAA fans association to represent people on such things as streaming, season tickets etc.
It's not a bad idea. The sheer contempt being shown by the GAA rulers to patrons and supporters is sad.

The ticketing situation now is just ridiculous, they're ticketing app or lack of, is awful and convoluted. The cashless and whole situation is terrible for older people or people not tech savvy.

As for the streaming, TV coverage and lack of coverage overall not too mention the lack of marketing and online highlights or presence. GAA badly needs a shake up at the top and sell the sport better.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Gmac on March 02, 2022, 12:05:18 AM
Customers need to get out of the auto rebuy, then maybe they would improve things

what's the alternative - just not watch for a year?
Hasta la victoria siempre

Gmac

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on March 02, 2022, 12:57:32 AM
Customers need to get out of the auto rebuy, then maybe they would improve things

stop bitching about it we get hundreds of games and Sunday game every Sunday for $140 a year , you wouldn't get a night out for double it .

Cavan19

Buy a IPTV from a supplier in Ireland most have the GAAGO live games on them now.

Soju

Quote from: Gmac on March 02, 2022, 01:39:16 AM

stop bitching about it we get hundreds of games and Sunday game every Sunday for $140 a year , you wouldn't get a night out for double it .
Not the point!  You can watch netflix for about 100 a year and  ive never had any play back issues if thats what ur saying. For me price is not the issue here its the fact its unreliable, frustrating to use and should have a bigger selection of games.

Main Street

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on March 01, 2022, 11:09:53 PM
Gaago is one of the most frustrating services I have ever paid for.
From the issues listed here - hours of dead time (not even ads, just the Gaago screensaver), impossible to scrub through on phone, Monday night League Sunday wouldnt come up on my app - spent an age refreshing, uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I eventually had to sign in on the web browser on my phone and cast that to the tv.
By far the most frustrating is the customer service. Every time you contact them, they try and buy time asking what version of web browser, app, chromecast etc even when it's not related to the question. It's like they are hoping you will give up.
If there was any other viable option I would be all over it
And it's the same damn screensaver with the same years old faded messages from the diaspora.
Whoever is in charge of that service needs a good kick up the backside, has absolutely no notion of the required standards for a pricey sports subscription service which by this stage should be competently streaming at least  all Div 1 and Div 2 games.

twohands!!!

Given GAAGo is a joint GAA and RTE creation, is it any wonder that there are technical issues?

If I had to quess I would say that GAAGo is likely to share a lot [if not everything] under the hood with the RTE player, which is a byword for a technical disaster in Ireland.

I would bet dollars to donuts that those in charge are either current or former RTE employees.

If you were a bit cynical you might think that it wouldn't bother RTE a bit if GAAGo wasn't a huge success given it's effectively an RTE competitor.

The GAA really should be doing much much better in terms of broadcasting/streaming games.

The LGFA by comparison have over 100 games available to stream this year for €50.

sligoman2

For those of us overseas, GAAGO is a godsend - the price is good and in fairness most of the transmissions are good, yes there is the odd hiccup now and again but overall I have to say I am pleased with the service.  Agree with you all on the half time filler stuff, I don't care that the Flanagans are watching in Singapore or the Reillys have tuned in from Alice Springs....
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Jell 0 Biafra

For me at least, here in NY, most of the transmissions are not good.  It's  rare that I see a game that doesn't involve buffering or an outright crash.  None of the other live streaming services I use have any such issues.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: sligoman2 on March 03, 2022, 07:54:24 PM
For those of us overseas, GAAGO is a godsend - the price is good and in fairness most of the transmissions are good, yes there is the odd hiccup now and again but overall I have to say I am pleased with the service.  Agree with you all on the half time filler stuff, I don't care that the Flanagans are watching in Singapore or the Reillys have tuned in from Alice Springs....

Agree wholeheartedly, and just to be clear - the issue is not with the filler at half time when watching live - it's the fact that
- they can't / don't cut this out when uploading the game for catchup
- the app doesn't allow fast forward, bookmark, reverse, any other actions. When watching sport on any other streaming service it is good to be able to go forward / back to re-view things. With Gaago you have to use the scrubber, which is hard to get it even to within 5 mins
Hasta la victoria siempre

dec

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on March 04, 2022, 02:01:28 AM
For me at least, here in NY, most of the transmissions are not good.  It's  rare that I see a game that doesn't involve buffering or an outright crash.  None of the other live streaming services I use have any such issues.

I am also in NYC, I was thinking of subscribing this year. I did the 14 day free trial but was not impressed. There were the major problems with the Armagh/Tyrone game that were discussed here but even the games that I watched that didn't have major problems were still mediocre. The screen resolution is noticeably poor and although it is "good enough" when there are no problems it still looks worse than any other live streaming sports service I use (ESPN+, Peacock, Paramount+)

armaghniac

In these broadcasts if they are going to put the pundits on the pitch then they need to stop the crowd crowding in behind them and drowning out what they are saying. The hurling tonight is ridiculous.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jell 0 Biafra

Perfect stream today for Dublin/Kilkenny, worse luck.

Jell 0 Biafra

Anyone use a vpn they'd recommend to watch Rte/TG4?

I'm ready to abandon gaago at this point.

dec

Just paid for the Armagh Kerry game. Hoping for an acceptable stream.