NFL Division Four 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 09:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Yeah it's a pity as they've dropped a good bit. The hurlers have dropped off a good bit too.

tippabu

Quote from: The PRO on March 21, 2022, 01:50:50 PM
This Tipperary v London game next weekend needs to be moved from Saturday to Sunday.
The whole integrity of the Division depends on it.

If Tipp win the Leitrim v Sligo match is dead rubber
If Tipp Draw only Leitrim can go up with a win due to head to head
If Tipp lose a draw puts sligo up on score differnce or winner of the Leitrim v Sligo game go up.

In terms of integrity, unless I am corrected, a Tipp draw is the only result which should put Tipp at a huge disadvantage as Sligo are out and may save players for championship and motivation will be gone. Tipp Draw gives Sligo the slight edge knowing a draw would do them should it be tight near the end.

seafoid

Some of the best teams between D3 and D4 are in D4
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Cavan's time in Div 4 a short spell as expected, saved their best performance for their last game. 3-21 to 0-10  winners against Waterford tonight.  Tipp 1-14 to 0-12 against London in tonights other game.

Cavan v Tipp final next weekend.

laoislad

So this is where all the cool kids hang out I see...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Laoiseabu

I'm reserving my seat here for next year . How are all you guys keeping down here in this neck of the woods ?

sligoman2

Quote from: Laoiseabu on March 28, 2022, 12:58:53 AM
I'm reserving my seat here for next year . How are all you guys keeping down here in this neck of the woods ?

Welcome
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Blowitupref

Half time Cavan 1-5 Tipperary 0-7. Decent half of football.

Full Time Cavan 2-10  Tipperary 0-15. Fine margins that match as seen with goal chance towards the end of the game for Tipp that crashed off the crossbar and not over the line. Paddy Lynch certainly deserved his MOTM award.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

tippabu

2nd goal cost us and poor turnovers. Unlucky with goal chance.

Well done Cavan and best of luck in ulster

weareros

A good game. Two evenly matched teams. Congrats to Cavan and hard luck to Tipp. For second Cavan goal, huge mistake to not see the Tipp forward making a run and instead lost the ball and Cavan scored on a lightening quick break. As one paper said: two teams that will be wondering what they were doing in Division 4 in the first place.

Wildweasel74

Captain Obvious

Quote from: weareros on April 02, 2022, 04:16:01 PM
A good game. Two evenly matched teams. Congrats to Cavan and hard luck to Tipp. For second Cavan goal, huge mistake to not see the Tipp forward making a run and instead lost the ball and Cavan scored on a lightening quick break. As one paper said: two teams that will be wondering what they were doing in Division 4 in the first place.

The 2020 championship 3rd place play off.

befair

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 02, 2022, 03:16:21 PM
Half time Cavan 1-5 Tipperary 0-7. Decent half of football.

Full Time Cavan 2-10  Tipperary 0-15. Fine margins that match as seen with goal chance towards the end of the game for Tipp that crashed off the crossbar and not over the line. Paddy Lynch certainly deserved his MOTM award.

A real piledriver; nothing between the teams, a good game

Main Street

It was a good game of football. I like these type of games, division finals, teams want to win but are not that stressed, leads  to an exciting atractive game.

Westside

I thought it was a terrible first half. Tipp had lots of bodies back and Cavan didn't deal with playing into the massed defence very well.

The game opened up in the second half and was more entertaining but Cavan just made a huge amount of mistakes. As much as they probably wouldn't like to admit it, I think the players had a lot of pressure on themselves to win the cup and it showed. Some crazy errors from experienced players.

Lynch took both his goals extremely well, along the carpet. He got MOTM but Jason McLoughlin was immense throughout and would have been equally deserving.

I was impressed with Tipp, composed on the ball, hit some serious long range scores and dominated midfield. Had that crossbar shot gone in, Cavan couldn't have had any complaints.