NFL Division Two 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 09:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

armaghniac

Quote from: thejuice on January 30, 2022, 02:46:22 PM
Lord Jaysus!

Brutal!

Meath are a fair weather team. Perhaps Meath and Dublin should be amalgamated?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thejuice

Don't know about fair weather but fairly shite for sure.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

seafoid

There is no satisfaction in hammering Meath. The damage caused by favouring Dublin over more than a decade will continue to harm Leinster teams.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on January 30, 2022, 03:43:58 PM
There is no satisfaction in hammering Meath. The damage caused by favouring Dublin over more than a decade will continue to harm Leinster teams.

I beg to differ

thejuice

I've given Andy the benefit of the doubt in the past but there's absolutely no excusing that. First game in div2, promotion the target, the players should be bursting out the gate. No real injuries to worry us. Younger lads have a few years of experience. No excuses, that falls on the management for sure.

We've had poor starts to the league before and we can recuperate and stay up but this is simply no longer good enough 6 years on.

galwayman

Just in the door from Pearse Stadium.
It's hard to put into words just how bad Meath were today.
Conditions were obviously dreadful of course but still and all.
Galway played well - should really have had another 4 goals. Rob Finnerty could easily have had a hat trick. But Meath were so bad you almost have to write off this game as a one off.

Blowitupref

Good wins for Clare and Roscommon. Galway laying down the marker with that performance against Meath who was expected to challenge for promotion.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Cork were poor too, lot of wides.
We had a good spell from around 15 to 30 minutes, went to sleep for a few minutes conceding 3 soft points.
Dug in well 2nd half and while Cork had a lot of wides we hit the corner flag from a good goal chance.
Have to be happy to start the League with a win and 5 or 6 lads making decent League debuts.
Smith's excellent today, McKeon Stack and Hughes (despite a few poor things) best of the rest.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

kopite

Quote from: Rossfan on January 30, 2022, 06:52:07 PM
Cork were poor too, lot of wides.
We had a good spell from around 15 to 30 minutes, went to sleep for a few minutes conceding 3 soft points.
Dug in well 2nd half and while Cork had a lot of wides we hit the corner flag from a good goal chance.
Have to be happy to start the League with a win and 5 or 6 lads making decent League debuts.
Smith's excellent today, McKeon Stack and Hughes (despite a few poor things) best of the rest.
Every Rossie would have taken a win this morning especially with the absence of Cox ..cork absolutely clueless but that's Roscommon's first first round win since 2014 so most welcome ..

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: galwayman on January 30, 2022, 06:19:20 PM
Galway played well - should really have had another 4 goals. Rob Finnerty could easily have had a hat trick. But Meath were so bad you almost have to write off this game as a one off.
We were trying to figure out in the stands who Galway might have played in the last ten years that were worse than that Meath outfit, couldn't think of anyone as bad, the most abject team I've seen come to Galway in years.
Galway were decent but learned little from today, Sean Kelly is a serious bit of stuff but we knew that already, McDaid had his best outing in a long time but still a good few handling errors in the brutal conditions, Galway can get away with Finnerty butchering the goal chances today but we need to be more ruthless with those opportunities against the better teams. Culhane nabbed the poachers goal but outside of that everything that could have gone wrong did for him unfortunately, he's still very young and has loads to improve on. Great to see John Daly out there again, a key man for Galway in my opinion, hope he gets a clear injury free run now.

Really can't take much from that game though, Meath were absolutely abysmal and Galway won't play anyone as bad again this year.

thejuice

Hope to god we never play that bad again. I really thought those days were behind us. Outside of Jordan Morris we don't seem to have any real threat up front. Costello, McMahon, Conlon, Walsh have only shown glimpses of quality up until now. Not developing into top level forwards that they might have been.

Duine Eile

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 30, 2022, 07:28:35 PM
Quote from: galwayman on January 30, 2022, 06:19:20 PM
We were trying to figure out in the stands who Galway might have played in the last ten years that were worse than that Meath outfit, couldn't think of anyone as bad, the most abject team I've seen come to Galway in years.
Galway were decent but learned little from today, Sean Kelly is a serious bit of stuff but we knew that already, McDaid had his best outing in a long time but still a good few handling errors in the brutal conditions, Galway can get away with Finnerty butchering the goal chances today but we need to be more ruthless with those opportunities against the better teams. Culhane nabbed the poachers goal but outside of that everything that could have gone wrong did for him unfortunately, he's still very young and has loads to improve on. Great to see John Daly out there again, a key man for Galway in my opinion, hope he gets a clear injury free run now.

Really can't take much from that game though, Meath were absolutely abysmal and Galway won't play anyone as bad again this year.

Agreed, thought Molloy had a great game too even though he hadn't too much to do defensively. Meath were shocking.

full moon

Shocking performance for Meath but they aren't that bad and I doubt they will be relegated. Probably midtable finish.

Unlaoised

Probably weakest Division 2 in a long long time

DERRY  in transition and have a poor league record .

DOWN have been flirting with division 3 a long time now and have produced little in Ulster to say they are much better than an Antrim Cavavan or Fermanagh
MEATH have done little in recent years to suggest they are a top 10 side
CORK only back up the divisions after a big change over in players
ROSSIES this is their level never a division 1 team
CLARE will be lucky to stay up better sides in division 3
GALWAY  prob the only team that could stay up in division 1 and will walk this division
OFFALY a long time since they have been up this far in the divisions and again they will struggle they would get it hard against at least 6 of the division 3 teams in my opinion.

Overall apart from Galway it's the first time in a while maybe up to 3 division 1 type teams ain't in division 2 .

Its wide open after Galway I'd expect maybe Roscommon and Derry to battle for 2nd spot   
LAOIS ABÚ