Kildare 80/1

Round 1 fixtures

Saturday 29th
Dublin v Armagh

Sunday 30th
Kildare v Kerry
Mayo v Donegal
Tyrone v Monaghan
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Jim Bob

How many players are countries allowed in the  squad for NFL ?

Rossfan

As many as you like but is there a limit of 32 for claiming expenses off HQ?
26 for matchday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70

I've read in a couple of places that MAyo v Donegal will be played in Markievicz Park.

Any reason why?

Rossfan

New pitch in McHale needs to settle in etc

J70

Quote from: Rossfan on January 16, 2022, 11:57:47 AM
New pitch in McHale needs to settle in etc

Have Mayo no other pitch which could accommodate an early league game?

We bring them up to the "fine" surroundings of wintertime Fr. Tierney Park in Ballyshannon many years FFS. ;D

Rossfan

With 3,500 season ticket holders they can't be just stuck in any oul boghole of a park.
They're using Hyde and Páirc Seán Mac Diarmada for their other 2 "home" games.

UpMeeyo

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 15, 2022, 08:56:51 PM
Just two weeks away.

To win the Div 1 title

Kerry 11/8
Dublin 13/8
Tyrone 15/2
Mayo 8/1
Donegal 12/1
Monaghan 25/1
Armagh 25/1
Kildare 80/1

Round 1 fixtures

Saturday 29th
Dublin v Armagh

Sunday 30th
Kildare v Kerry
Mayo v Donegal
Tyrone v Monaghan

Bookies probably have it about right. Any of the bottom 5 could potentially get relegated, Though I fancy Armagh to stay up and Monaghan have been there so long you'd be a fool to bet against them. Sadly Kildare likely to yoyo but any of the other 4 could equally be relegated in my eyes.

lurganblue

Quote from: Rossfan on January 16, 2022, 01:11:34 PM
With 3,500 season ticket holders they can't be just stuck in any oul boghole of a park.
They're using Hyde and Páirc Seán Mac Diarmada for their other 2 "home" games.

With only 5k allowed in stadia are the season ticket holders guaranteed aye? 

I'm hoping for some sort of review on this soon, in the hopes of getting to croke park on the 29th.

Captain Scarlet

Was there a whisper (Twitter gossip) of Mayo v Kildare to Croker instead of Carrick?

I think Kildare are really up against it to stay up. Kerry seem to be putting out strong teams already so not looking forward to their visit to Newbridge.
Overall I just don't want it all to fall apart before it starts. It's great to be back at the top table and the Dubs in Conleths will be a bit of craic.

Those odds pretty much show that it's two of Kildare, Armagh and Monaghan to drop. I just don't trust Kildare to be consistent enough to scrape it.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Armagh18

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on January 17, 2022, 06:19:25 PM
Was there a whisper (Twitter gossip) of Mayo v Kildare to Croker instead of Carrick?

I think Kildare are really up against it to stay up. Kerry seem to be putting out strong teams already so not looking forward to their visit to Newbridge.
Overall I just don't want it all to fall apart before it starts. It's great to be back at the top table and the Dubs in Conleths will be a bit of craic.

Those odds pretty much show that it's be two of Kildare, Armagh and Monaghan to drop. I just don't trust Kildare to be consistent enough to scrape it.
Donegal and Mayo far from sure to stay up. Tyrone don't normally peak for the league but you'd expect them to do enough.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 17, 2022, 06:22:46 PM

Those odds pretty much show that it's be two of Kildare, Armagh and Monaghan to drop. I just don't trust Kildare to be consistent enough to scrape it.
Donegal and Mayo far from sure to stay up. Tyrone don’t normally peak for the league but you’d expect them to do enough.

Depends if Donegal can get Murphy back fit. Mayo have Cillian O'Connor back in training and he alone should keep them away from a relegation battle.

Quote from: lurganblue on January 17, 2022, 11:12:07 AM

I'm hoping for some sort of review on this soon, in the hopes of getting to croke park on the 29th.
It's been widely reported that outdoors sports for late January or early February to get a increase on how many can attend. Some even saying 50% of capacity is a possibility which should cover all NFL games.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

A lot depends on how Mayo do in their home away from home games. The record in Castlebar in league games has been terrible for the past number of years, conversely their away form has thrown up surprising results. Need to hit the ground running against Donegal however as I agree with Upmeeyo in that any 2 from the bottom 5 in the Paddy Powers list could go down.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

lurganblue

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 17, 2022, 06:27:59 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 17, 2022, 06:22:46 PM

Donegal and Mayo far from sure to stay up. Tyrone don't normally peak for the league but you'd expect them to do enough.

Depends if Donegal can get Murphy back fit. Mayo have Cillian O'Connor back in training and he alone should keep them away from a relegation battle.

Quote from: lurganblue on January 17, 2022, 11:12:07 AM

It's been widely reported that outdoors sports for late January or early February to get a increase on how many can attend. Some even saying 50% of capacity is a possibility which should cover all NFL games.

did i see Mullin isnt going to Australia now? big plus for Mayo.

Captain Scarlet

Are there any TV listings in place for games with RTÉ and TG4?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.