Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatpoint

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 20, 2022, 02:57:53 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on May 20, 2022, 02:42:18 PM
Quote from: Loughshore2022 on May 19, 2022, 05:49:32 PM
The last time I was in Clones McKaigue made his championship debut (2008) and now he is the oldest player. I've been to 3 Derry games in 10 years. I think if Derry win it will be a bit of an anti climax feeling, I think it is the children who would enjoy things more. I went to the Ulster Final in 2000 when I was 8, I have good memories of it but still would have been better if Derry had won.
As someone who's been to the majority of county games in the same time, it'd be far from an anticlimactic experience. The county would absolutely love to win an Ulster title. With respect, it'd mean a lot more to Derry than Donegal for me, given their relatively recent provincial success.

Derry wont be bate

How come?

Wildweasel74

Don't take it the wrong way, but I rather go with die hard supporters who go to all, that just the many it seems who turn up when Derry going well. 2019, In division 4, there was less than 500/600 at Corrigan park V Antrim, About 200/300 against London in Ballinascreen, and maybe 400/500 at a push V Wexford in Bellaghy. Only decent support in the league that Yr was a decent turn out v Wicklow at Glen.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: oakleaflad on May 20, 2022, 02:42:18 PM
Quote from: Loughshore2022 on May 19, 2022, 05:49:32 PM
The last time I was in Clones McKaigue made his championship debut (2008) and now he is the oldest player. I've been to 3 Derry games in 10 years. I think if Derry win it will be a bit of an anti climax feeling[/b], I think it is the children who would enjoy things more. I went to the Ulster Final in 2000 when I was 8, I have good memories of it but still would have been better if Derry had won.
As someone who's been to the majority of county games in the same time, it'd be far from an anticlimactic experience. The county would absolutely love to win an Ulster title. With respect, it'd mean a lot more to Derry than Donegal for me, given their relatively recent provincial success.
I couldn't agree more with you , its really bittersweet for me ,in 2011 I took my Father and Father in law to that Ulster final who  have both passed on since then , all being will this will be my 11 year old sons first Ulster final.

onefineday

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 20, 2022, 10:52:27 PM
Don't take it the wrong way, but I rather go with die hard supporters who go to all, that just the many it seems who turn up when Derry going well. 2019, In division 4, there was less than 500/600 at Corrigan park V Antrim, About 200/300 against London in Ballinascreen, and maybe 400/500 at a push V Wexford in Bellaghy. Only decent support in the league that Yr was a decent turn out v Wicklow at Glen.
The only problem with those diehards is that from my experience of Derry fans, they won't be the ones creating the atmosphere. Like it or not, the band wagon jumpers bring colour, noise and atmosphere. You should welcome them aboard.
You can cross the bridge of them getting an AIF ticket ahead of you when you get there, but relax, it might not happen 😁😁

Walter Cronc

Is the season ticket not still on the go? Does it not entitle people to tickets?

Agree with the posts on bandwagoners - every county is the same and it's mainly young families so great for colour and noise. I'm looking forward to a big Derry support next Sunday - hopefully I get my tickets  ;D

JoeSoap

I gave up the season ticket this year as there was very little discount in terms of the matches and I wasn't sure I'd be able attend all the league matches this year. I've since heard that they've done away with the group seating which was half the benefit. You apparently couldn't purchase any tickets other than Gerry Arthur Stand tickets for the Cavan game so you were forced into buying the most expensive tickets... I'd always prefer the Pat McGrane myself in Clones so that would have annoyed me. I've also since heard that a Juvenile season ticket was €30? Which is absolutely disgraceful from the GAA seeing as league matches are by and large free entry for juveniles, at least the 5 league games I attended this year were all free entry for the young ones so what are they getting you to pay €30 for?

It seems the only thing the season ticket really does is guarantee you a ticket but I think the old system was much much better and brilliant value.

Walter Cronc

Anyone have a seating plan for Clones. Is row A front row?  : :-\

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 25, 2022, 10:17:02 PM
Anyone have a seating plan for Clones. Is row A front row?  : :-\

Right in the eye for some spit those seats... Bring your visor  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Munster Hurley stuff final sold out.
Meanwhile good seats becoming available for Connacht and Leinster football finals, presumably returns from Co Boards.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

What were the attendances at yesterday's provincial finals?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

21,419 in Salthill, 14,857 Killarney.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dabh

Quote from: Rossfan on May 30, 2022, 10:38:35 AM

the ladies munster final was on in Killarney before the mens so numbers probably added to by that

Blowitupref

Quote from: Dabh on May 30, 2022, 03:14:14 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 30, 2022, 10:38:35 AM

the ladies munster final was on in Killarney before the mens so numbers probably added to by that

No offence to Limerick but that pairing wasn't a big draw and the price of tickets was ridiculous turning plenty away.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

full moon

Leinster final attendance?

Anyone notice its harder to find attendances released when they are below expected!

Rufus T Firefly

Was there an official attendance given for the match in Armagh? I didn't see one given. I'd have guessed around 16-17,000.