Casement Park in line for major overhaul - 40,000 all seater Stadium.

Started by Joxer, October 06, 2010, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

How does this work ?

The MP for West Belfast, Sinn Féin's Paul Maskey, said the development would create employment in the area and concerns about the road infrastructure could be resolved through dialogue with residents.

rrhf

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: hardstation on October 02, 2013, 07:23:56 AM
I will say it again - The residents are not opposed to the redevelopment of Casement Park.

I can't be arsed sifting back through for the details, so I'll just ask.

Who is then?
i usse an speelchekor

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: orangeman on November 19, 2013, 11:33:48 PM
How does this work ?

The MP for West Belfast, Sinn Féin's Paul Maskey, said the development would create employment in the area and concerns about the road infrastructure could be resolved through dialogue with residents.

You don't expect the politicians to seriously consider spending actual money to fix an actual problem do you?

They'll talk the f**king problem to death, before falling out, establishing a commission to look into it then spend all their money on impact studies.  ::)

Bunch of f**king clowns.
i usse an speelchekor

rrhf

Maze didn't happen, m5 project didn't happen, narrow water bridge didn't happen all a blaming match when the project falls through. The eyes of the northern gaa are watching this and if it falls then we can make our own minds up as to who is to blame.

JPGJOHNNYG

This is dragging on and on. The GAA should either appease the residents and reduce the capacity to say 30000 (although whether that reduces the height and improves daylight I dont know) or sell the land and build a nice new stadium elsewhere, the residents will then have to panic about the inevitable arrival of a 24 hour tesco extra.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 20, 2013, 12:24:53 PM
This is dragging on and on. The GAA should either appease the residents and reduce the capacity to say 30000 (although whether that reduces the height and improves daylight I dont know) or sell the land and build a nice new stadium elsewhere, the residents will then have to panic about the inevitable arrival of a 24 hour tesco extra.

No nice apartments from the Housing Executive, would solve a lot of housing issues in West Belfast
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: hardstation on November 20, 2013, 08:03:14 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on November 20, 2013, 07:07:23 AM
Quote from: hardstation on October 02, 2013, 07:23:56 AM
I will say it again - The residents are not opposed to the redevelopment of Casement Park.

I can't be arsed sifting back through for the details, so I'll just ask.

Who is then?
Nobody afaik. The residents are opposed mainly to the size of the proposed stadium.

I sense opportunity here...

I for one don't want a f**king soccer-drome all-seater stadium.

So, if the Ulster Council want the same capacity in a smaller structure, keep the terracing, but stick a wee roof over it.

Ye know it makes sense!
i usse an speelchekor

JPGJOHNNYG

'I have to say though, I am beginning to enjoy JPGJOHNNYG's "100 other ways to annoy the residents" posts. It seems that be it through building a stadium or not, JPGJOHNNYG just wants the residents around Casement Park to be pissed off'

The whole topic here is about casement park being redeveloped, the residents are against the current redevelopment so why would I want those residents to be pissed off if they were building a stadium say at the Maze site? I am only having a go at the residents because they are blocking the development of Casement. I keep hearing that the residents are not against development well that's great news could they please tell us what they are willing to accept. In my above post I have suggested a reduced capacity to try and move things along, is that going to be acceptable what are the residents expectations? If they will only permit a 20000 stadium then I'm afraid that's pretty much zero use to the GAA as they already have Clones. I'm sorry but to me a lot of the residents complaints stink of nimbyism and I wont change my mind on that until they start going public on what they will accept and what compromises they and the GAA can come to. The whole point of redevelopment is to have modern stadium with a capacity to accommodate the Ulster Final, any other big fixtures and concerts are a bonus. You can argue that the site isnt appropriate for such development then fair enough and if planning makes that decision then fair enough and if that happens then the GAA would likely sell and look elsewhere - Do you honestly think a brown field site next to a major arterial route in Belfast would just sit idle? By the way there is a huge Tesco Extra close to Sainsburys at Forrest side so a nearby ASDA is hardly going to scare away a rival supermarket

Walter Cronc

The Worker

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 20, 2013, 01:31:28 PM
28k single tier, all covered, all seater. Simples!!

All covered would be ideal, I have raised this suggestion before only to be shot down by some!

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: The Worker on November 20, 2013, 01:36:55 PM

All covered would be ideal, I have raised this suggestion before only to be shot down by some!

Should be all covered in this day and age. Have you seen the state of the plans for Pairc ui chaoimh, 67 million for one new stand and a lick of paint on the remaining 3 sides - disgraceful

http://www.eveningecho.ie/2013/07/17/gaa-to-lodge-pairc-ui-chaoimh-plans-in-october/

Walter Cronc

Quote from: The Worker on November 20, 2013, 01:36:55 PM

Completely farcial from a design point of view not to have it fully covered. How can they argue that a roof adjacent to the Anderstown Road is in any way more obtrusive than the other 3 sides which border properties.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: hardstation on November 20, 2013, 01:42:51 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on November 20, 2013, 01:29:11 PM
In my above post I have suggested a reduced capacity to try and move things along, is that going to be acceptable what are the residents expectations?
You posting that means fcuk all because that is not being put on the table by the GAA.

The residents are not worried about the GAA selling the site btw. What makes you think there would be opposition to Tesco anyway? There is no need for it with Sainsburys, Asda, Lidl and Iceland all within a few hundred yards of it. As Milltown suggests, social housing would be much more beneficial to the community.

My point is, first it was a sewage works, an abbatoir, traveller housing, now a 24h Tesco. It's like some bullshit scare tactics. Grow up.
Well planning permission has not been granted so yes a redesign with a reduced capacity may still very well happen. As great an idea as social housing is I think the GAA and local authorities would go for the easier option of a nice new supermarket and one more wont make any difference as we are already drowning in them.

Sewage works and abbatoir was a bit tongue in cheek but whatever floats your boat I dont know where you got traveler housing from though so stop making stuff up and the Tesco scenario is pretty real not some scare tactic . You have an opinion and I have an opinion that differ and thats what makes these blogs tick.

Grow up? you are better than that.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: hardstation on November 20, 2013, 02:09:20 PM
Sorry, that was Armaghniac.

Quote from: armaghniac on September 30, 2013, 11:00:21 PM
QuoteHealy park stays as Tyrone home ground and casement stays as Antrim county pitch.

Would this new super stadium be like a Christmas tree, used for 2 weeks of the year?

If the GAA are prevented from building in Belfast by residents, they should donate Casement to the Travellers Housing association.

Anyway, can you stop 'predicting' what might be there if the GAA sell Casement as it is totally pointless and that bridge will be crossed if we come to it.

Ok fair enough sorry one more thing what do you yourself want to happen at casement if anything?