Gaelic players announce media ban

Started by ziggysego, June 26, 2009, 09:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

I stand corrected Hound, the minimum number of directors for a Company Limited by Guarantee  (€1 shares) and non-profit making is 7, not 12 as I said. 
I don't know where the first two directors are from but I know that to form any company in Ireland you must have one director living in the state. Anyway, it is not important how many directors there are, what I am interested in is who they are, where they are from and who the represent.  Did the two new lads get shares because if they didn't they might as well be above on the headland watching me digging the spuds?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

cornafean

Quote from: Bud Wiser on July 31, 2009, 06:27:04 PM
Did the two new lads get shares because if they didn't they might as well be above on the headland watching me digging the spuds?

Or even a cut of the Pension Fund?
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

rootthemout

well done bud,now that your meeting god,or is wee peter still gpa member?well youve met the second most important dub behind bono the man who thinks he can save the world and dessie"robin hood"farrell,who thinks he can rob the gaa to feed his poor members,i was just wondering in your chat with dessie does ticket allocation come up for gpa members?are members entilted to the best seats in croker and are they free?if you get any free ones coming from your entitlement as a member and you cant make a game im sure some of us paying customers could avail off them if dessie allows you to sell them on for profit or is that against the rules of the gpa,making money from a voluntary sport?

Bud Wiser

QuoteInsert Quote
well done bud,now that your meeting god,or is wee peter still gpa member?

Just to clarify a few issues for you.  I still did not get my membership card so I can't comment on wee Peter or any members because I don't know.  Having said that, I have a feeling that like a few others that were involved at the start the wee man has done a Captain Yiannis Avranas on it.

With regard to the set up of the association it is common for company formation agents to copy and paste the Articles Of Association of shelf companies and use them as their own and sometimes this can cause confusion if they forget to amend the sections appropriate to their new companies.  For example if you visit http://gpaglobal.org/committees_appointed.php you will see such a section which I am led to believe refers to the GPA Board of Directors and which states : 

Board of Directors
•This group has control and supervision over the affairs and policies of the Association
Reports to the general membership
•Generally made up of around 45 member companies
•Consists of top NGL producers (maximum dues payers = those that produce >585,000 gal/day) and 21 other member companies serving three-year terms
•Meets three times per year

The only association I can determine with the production of 585,00 gallons a day refers to an Oil Producing company in Alberta., so you can see the difficulty I am having.  Please bear with me and I will do my best to get all the information you require.  Meanwhile please remember the GPA are working in the best interest of the players !!!
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

orangeman

Quote from: Bud Wiser on August 01, 2009, 11:50:30 AM
QuoteInsert Quote
well done bud,now that your meeting god,or is wee peter still gpa member?

Just to clarify a few issues for you.  I still did not get my membership card so I can't comment on wee Peter or any members because I don't know.  Having said that, I have a feeling that like a few others that were involved at the start the wee man has done a Captain Yiannis Avranas on it.
With regard to the set up of the association it is common for company formation agents to copy and paste the Articles Of Association of shelf companies and use them as their own and sometimes this can cause confusion if they forget to amend the sections appropriate to their new companies.  For example if you visit http://gpaglobal.org/committees_appointed.php you will see such a section which I am led to believe refers to the GPA Board of Directors and which states : 

Board of Directors
•This group has control and supervision over the affairs and policies of the Association
Reports to the general membership
•Generally made up of around 45 member companies
•Consists of top NGL producers (maximum dues payers = those that produce >585,000 gal/day) and 21 other member companies serving three-year terms
•Meets three times per year

The only association I can determine with the production of 585,00 gallons a day refers to an Oil Producing company in Alberta., so you can see the difficulty I am having.  Please bear with me and I will do my best to get all the information you require.  Meanwhile please remember the GPA are working in the best interest of the players !!!

;) :D :D :D :D

Good man Bud. More spuds for all members. Balls of flour euros.

Hardy

Bud, you must be pleased that your association is run with such professionalism (pun intended).

orangeman

Quote from: Bud Wiser on August 01, 2009, 12:11:26 PM
If you click on the link http://gpaglobal.org/committees_appointed.php  you will see they don't need spuds, they are getting members who are striking oil at the rate of 585,000 gallons a day !!  Scroll down to "Board of Directors"  ;)

About GPA
GPA has served the industry as an incorporated non-profit trade association

There you go. No problem here.

Bud Wiser

QuoteBud, you must be pleased that your association is run with such professionalism (pun intended).

Just hang in there, myself and the barman from Birr have a few issues to sort out but we will get there.

As an aside issue, I am hearing that the Cork ones are at it again and at the last training session of the footballers there was an ould wan on the sideline giving the players stick as to why her daughter who plays for the ladies was not allowed jopin the GPA.  Nothing but trouble on the way as far as I can see.

orangeman

Quote from: Bud Wiser on August 01, 2009, 12:36:50 PM
QuoteBud, you must be pleased that your association is run with such professionalism (pun intended).

Just hang in there, myself and the barman from Birr have a few issues to sort out but we will get there.

As an aside issue, I am hearing that the Cork ones are at it again and at the last training session of the footballers there was an ould wan on the sideline giving the players stick as to why her daughter who plays for the ladies was not allowed jopin the GPA.  Nothing but trouble on the way as far as I can see.

Jesus Bud but you do lighten the day. That picture of the auld doll at the Cork training is class.   :D :D :D :D :D

Fear ón Srath Bán

I've no end of admiration for your dedication to the elucidation of the erudition and virtuous vocation of this particular organisation Bud, good man.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...