Retirements this year.

Started by Bud Wiser, December 04, 2006, 10:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

I didn't want to land this in on top of the Darragh Ryan thread but can someone post a list of top players from both codes who have retired this year.   To start off with;

Hurling.    Brian Whelehan, (Offaly)  DJ Carey, (Kilkenny)  Darragh Ryan, (Wexford)  Brian Lohan, (Clare) ...............
Football.   Ian Fitzgerald (Laois) ................. (name your own county players)

culchy1

I didn't want to land this in on top of the Darragh Ryan thread but can someone post a list of top players from both codes who have retired this year.   To start off with;

Hurling.    Brian Whelehan, (Offaly)  DJ Carey, (Kilkenny)  Darragh Ryan, (Wexford)  Brian Lohan, (Clare) ...............
Football.   Ian Fitzgerald (Laois) ................. (name your own county players)

football:   kevin madden (antrim),  johnny mcbride (derry), paul mcflynn (derry), enda muldoon (derry).

youbetterbelieveit

Muiris Gavin - Limerick football

Damien Diver - Donegal

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

myball22

Football:

Michael Donnellan, Seamus Moynihan, Michael mcCarthy, David Brady

youbetterbelieveit

blanketattack

youbetterbelieveit

Seanie McMahon - Clare.

As i look down the list of players, there is huge amount of brillant players over the last 10-15 years that are retiring together, it will be a pity to see them go, but i am confident that a new generation is ready to take up the mantle.

thewingedlady

Armagh - Aidan O'Rourke and the McEntees

Kerry Mike

QuoteDarragh O Se
Mike Frank Russell

Have you heard something official ???
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

full back

Quote from: thewingedlady on December 04, 2006, 02:31:35 PM
Armagh - Aidan O'Rourke and the McEntees

Nothing concrete about the Mac's yet winged

The Bottom Brick

33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

LilyWhiteAllright

Mike McCarthy and Seamus Moynihan

Josey Whales

he's won 4 all-irelands though mid-louth playing senior county since he was 17. - hasn't much more to prove at that level. most people who carry on into their 30's at county level are either late-developers or feel they haven't won enough or anything as the case may be.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: myball22 on December 04, 2006, 10:28:50 AM
Football:

Michael Donnellan, Seamus Moynihan, Michael mcCarthy, David Brady

Ya bradys quit again, oh hold on...........
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me