Tír Eoghain vs Ciarraí

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 26, 2007, 07:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

what I was talking about is when a team is on the break from defence and forwards for example deliberately pull them down to slow the break and give the defence time to reorganise without conceeding a scoreable free.....

I can kinda understand were your coming from, but to be honest, I don't see this as a big a crime as you do. And there are ways for the attacking team to get round this. After the foul get up and hit a quick free, before the other team gets organised.
And sneaky fouling is always going to happen in a game were there is so much contact as football. But as long as it's punished at the time I don't see a problem. Maybe they could bring in a yellow for persistant fouling ( as far as I know I don't think there is a rule on this at the minute, but I could be wrong). But I have to say I enjoy most games of football at the minte, be it free flowing, high scoring or a tense battle of attriction. that's more than  I can say for soccer or other sports.

Over the Bar

QuoteWell glad to see I know where Tyrone fans stand -

Cheating is acceptable if other teams do it...
Cynical fouling is acceptable....unless its Derry in the Ulster championship or Dublin in Omagh.....

Where have I said that it is acceptable??  I have not said any such thing.   All I have said is that to an extent this happens in EVERY club or inter-county game.  We also have referees, linesmen and umpires to deal with/report it.   If you disagree then I find it hard to believe that you have played senior club football.   I am not being patronising btw.

Mike Sheehy

Well, at least its Dublin up next. A proper rivalry against and a county that plays the game in the right spirit. If both of us had been more cynical against Tyrone in 2005 we might have prevailed but, thankfully, we have certain standards. Here is to a another classic in the grand Kerry v Dublin tradition. 

Tyrones own

If you're Granny had Balls she'd be you're Granda,
It didn't work last weekend, what makes you think it would have worked 2 yr's ago?
Fact is, neither one of ye were good enough in '05 against a far superior
Football team :'(
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Mike Sheehy

tsk... I suppose I should expect you to try and get as much mileage as possible out of 03 and 05 but, in all seriousness,  2 AI isnt much to boast about after 130 years of effort.

blasmere

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 04, 2007, 07:41:06 PM
Well, at least its Dublin up next. A proper rivalry against and a county that plays the game in the right spirit. If both of us had been more cynical against Tyrone in 2005 we might have prevailed but, thankfully, we have certain standards. Here is to a another classic in the grand Kerry v Dublin tradition. 

You're telling me that Paul Galvin and Dara O'Se aren't cynical.

Tyrone were the best team in 2005, surprised you're so bitter with 34 All-Irealnds.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: blasmere on April 04, 2007, 09:04:15 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 04, 2007, 07:41:06 PM

You're telling me that Paul Galvin and Dara O'Se aren't cynical.

Tyrone were the best team in 2005, surprised you're so bitter with 34 All-Irealnds.

Thanks, this guy Sheehy is just below my level to correspond with directly now  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tyroneboi

why has there been so much bloody talkin bout a shitty league match. everyone just get over it!!

Tyrones own

Because it involved Tyrone who obviously remain the most feared team in Ireland, Sheehy, DFS1 and co watch
  every move we make with abated breath in the hopes of learning something, poor bastards can't help themselves :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Mike Sheehy

Most feared ? get past the qualifiers before you claim that distinction 

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 05, 2007, 02:30:10 AM
Thanks, this guy Sheehy is just below my level to correspond with directly now 

now, now..just becasue I pointed out what a precious prat you were...no need to get snooty

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 05, 2007, 02:31:38 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 05, 2007, 02:30:10 AM
Thanks, this guy Sheehy is just below my level to correspond with directly now 

now, now..just becasue I pointed out what a precious prat you were...no need to get snooty

Did someone speak?  Sounds like someone let the kids at the keyboard again!  :o

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Tyrones own on April 05, 2007, 02:07:06 AM

Because it involved Tyrone who obviously remain the most feared team in Ireland, Sheehy, DFS1 and co watch
  every move we make with abated breath in the hopes of learning something, poor bastards can't help themselves :D

Its amazing that comments made about a match which involve critiscising actions by both teams suddenly become a vendetta against 1 team on teh pitch....talk about having a high opinion of yourself!!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on April 05, 2007, 10:04:51 AM

Its amazing that comments made about a match which involve critiscising actions by both teams suddenly become a vendetta against 1 team on teh pitch....talk about having a high opinion of yourself!!!

In fairness, DUBSFORSAM1, when you put Ryan Mellon's shirt pulling in the same bracket as TOS's kick to the torso/head of the same player, you blew any pretence to objectivity you might have dubiously claimed to that point.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on April 05, 2007, 10:11:40 AM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on April 05, 2007, 10:04:51 AM

In fairness, DUBSFORSAM1, when you put Ryan Mellon's shirt pulling in the same bracket as TOS's kick to the torso/head of the same player, you blew any pretence to objectivity you might have dubiously claimed to that point.

Mellon wasn't shirt pulling to the best of my memory - he was lying on the ground grabbing onto TOS to stop him getting clear....that is why the kick took place.....yellow card to Mellon, red card to TOS.