Mayo Player Illness

Started by Redgreenery, March 05, 2007, 05:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redgreenery

I read on Mayofans.com and mchalepark.com that a Mayo star player has a serious illness and has resigned from the panel. It is not been announced publicly who it is yet but is supposed to be during the week in the local press. The player does not want it to be announced until he decides. He has told his family and John O Mahony. It is serious but not life threatening.
I only read this on the websites so I dont know anything more than ye now.
It's very sad news and I'm wishing whoever it is a speedy recovery.

ziggysego

Whoever the player is, I wish them a full and speedy recovery.
Testing Accessibility

true ulster gael

mary queen of gael pray for him and a quick recovery

Redgreenery

John O'Mahony just announced on the Midwest News that Ronan McGarrity has withdrawn from the panel due to illness and won't be available for the next few months. He said Ronan will need time and space to recover but hopes that he will return to the panel in a number of months.

Ronan will be missed and I hope he makes a good and pleasent recovery.
Best of luck Ronan.

Tubberman

Very sad news.
All of Mayo, and futher afield I'm sure, is wishing the very best to Ronan as he overcomes his illness. 
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

Yes indeed tubberman. I hope his illness isn't too serious. Hopefully he will recover soon and it puts sport into perspective when you hear of things like this.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

There is a chance, all going well, fingers, toes and all crossed that McGarrity could be back this year, heres hoping.
Best of luck
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

stephenite

Had heard of this over the weekend, was truly shocked.
Ronan's an amazingly talented athlete and I'm sure everyone wishes him all the very best in his recovery. Looking forward to see him back on the green fields and hard courts as soon as is possible for him

Fear ón Srath Bán

A speedy and full recovery to Ronán, he'll be missed.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

MacDanger

Best of luck to McG and his family in what will be a tough time, here's hoping for a full recovery a la Lance Armstrong.

westmayo

Best of luck to McGarrity, may I pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery from whatever his ailment is and, my best to his family and friends.

Bod Mor

This is a huge blow for Mayo and football in general. Get well soon Ronan.
Go n'eiri an t-adh leat, cibe tinneas atá ort.
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

J70

Quote from: MacDanger on March 05, 2007, 09:23:16 PM
Best of luck to McG and his family in what will be a tough time, here's hoping for a full recovery a la Lance Armstrong.

That was my first thought. If it is testicular cancer and they got it early, the outlook is excellent.

realredhandfan

Wishing all the very best to a top player.

full back