China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

I think there needs to be more info put out to young people re long term effects.

My cousin in her mid 30s caught it. No prior health difficulties. Had a seriously bad dose for weeks. They were about to hospitalize when it eased. But then got worse again, breathing difficulties so in to hospital she went. Covid 19 completely gone but it has resulted in scarring on her lungs, causing respiratory issues. Apparently not uncommon.

Damage to the heart not uncommon too but may take longer to materialize as a problem.

Rossfan

And weren't there also blood clotting issues for some ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jeepers Creepers

Reading also this morning of a couple of Cruise ships being hit with COVID after restarting their season again. Why would anyone want to get on any vessel that contains groups of people in close proximity during the current pandemic??

imtommygunn

I saw two cruise ships in Belfast yesterday and thought exactly the same thing.

Rossfan

Madness. Probably had paid and couldn't get a refund?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 03, 2020, 11:30:08 AM

Repairs.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 03, 2020, 11:30:08 AM

I'm nearly sure they are docked for re-fits.

imtommygunn

That would make more sense.

thewobbler

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on August 03, 2020, 11:25:09 AM
Reading also this morning of a couple of Cruise ships being hit with COVID after restarting their season again. Why would anyone want to get on any vessel that contains groups of people in close proximity during the current pandemic??

I'm sure someone will be quick to describe them as idiots, but the odd thing is that there will be some incredibly bright people among these cruise passengers.

The problem with covid is that it hasn't been "real" enough, not so far anyway. Even the dumbest of our race have some competency in judging personal danger, otherwise there'd be legions dying every day from eating the wrong food, out of date food, crossing roads, fighting bears, watering the TV, etc.

And for every horror story like that described above by Hound, there is a Danielle DiCenso type rumour to counteract.

(By the way, I'm not supporting the rights for people to go on a cruise during a pandemic)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 03, 2020, 11:39:49 AM
That would make more sense.

Yeah think there was four in total, probably Olsen cruise ships, think he still has some control on the ship repair part of the yard..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RadioGAAGAA

Barbican in Newcastle has shut (for a bit) - apparently a few workers with COVID.
i usse an speelchekor

GetOverTheBar

What's the odds Ireland moves into Phase 4 later today?

Somehow I just don't see it going through....hope to be wrong of course.

Rossfan

Hope the 200 outdoor crowd limit goes to 500 whatever about the rest.

macdanger2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 04, 2020, 10:27:55 AM
What's the odds Ireland moves into Phase 4 later today?

Somehow I just don't see it going through....hope to be wrong of course.

Very low chance of it happening imo