China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Is it true the recent rise in cases in Clare, Limerick came from a funeral?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

highorlow

Some rich dude living in lahinch private jetted off to Portugal with 9 buddies and came back with it.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Cunny Funt

Numbers for this week and not a good week with cluster outbreaks.

The numbers for the last week.

Deaths in the ROI = 1 ( 2 less than last week)
Cases this week = 286 ( 124 more cases than last week)

Important week ahead to make sure all clusters are under control and we get cut the weekly number of cases in half

Capt Pat

The numbers are really taking off again. It looks like it will be back to some type of stricter lockdown again. I can't beleive they had people back in the shops and on public transport without initially forcing them to wear masks.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 02, 2020, 07:51:24 PM
The numbers are really taking off again. It looks like it will be back to some type of stricter lockdown again. I can't beleive they had people back in the shops and on public transport without initially forcing them to wear masks.

To be fair the numbers haven't increased because of non wearing of masks in shops. Public transport has mandatory mask wearing for a few weeks now.

If we are to have lockdown again it's more likely to happen where clusters happens than a nationwide lockdown.

macdanger2

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0802/1156974-ireland-coronavirus/

QuoteEarlier today, the Minister for Health said the Government will introduce random testing at airports because the "international situation is becoming more volatile

Is there any benefit to random testing? With the infection rate so low it seems pointless. Is it just for PR purposes?

Smurfy123

Australia had little or no cases for a long time whilst doing a lockdown. They open up and now have a strict lockdown. If we can keep cases to around 50/75 a day I think that will be ok. The big big big difference now is most people getting it are young and healthy so it's not hospitalising to many. That's the reality of it.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 02, 2020, 07:51:24 PM

Its not shops/transport.

Its pubs and parties that seems to be doing the bulk of the damage. Drunk people doing stupid things.
i usse an speelchekor

6th sam

Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 02, 2020, 10:10:27 PM
Australia had little or no cases for a long time whilst doing a lockdown. They open up and now have a strict lockdown. If we can keep cases to around 50/75 a day I think that will be ok. The big big big difference now is most people getting it are young and healthy so it's not hospitalising to many. That's the reality of it.

It's very interesting that the scientific message remains focussed on the virus. We really need more data on the effects of various levels of lockdown. If we commit to protecting the vulnerable , and optimising workable small sacrifices like distancing, masks, hygiene , tracing , we could stay on top of things, and avoid another lockdown . Those that want sports, club gyms, pubs etc closed , should remember that at least these are regulated environments that have significant social benefit,  as opposed to house parties , increased off-licence alcohol, unregulated gyms . Never mind the diseases related to inactivity, isolation and poverty
The death rate needs to be explored, You can not equate the impact of a death in a very frail person who is terminally ill and happy  to die, with a mother of 4 in her 40s with a delayed cancer diagnosis.
It's ironic that in a planet that has ever increasing levels of knowledge and technology, science appears to have fared  badly in terms of minimising the effect of this virus .

Milltown Row2

As long as they don't have underlying conditions these young ones, as you put it, they'll be fine, or pass it on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Agree with this. Protecting the elderly is paramount. I see they're considering over 50s as dangerously vulnerable. Feel sorry for Hardy and brokencrossbar etc/
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Smurfy123

Pass it onto who milltown?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 02, 2020, 11:53:44 PM
Pass it onto who milltown?

Whoever they come into contact with?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

I think you need to look at the heatmap of cases in Florida that I posted previously to see how this script goes.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

APM

Quote from: armaghniac on August 03, 2020, 01:25:42 AM

I think you need to look at the heatmap of cases in Florida that I posted previously to see how this script goes.

Armaghniac, I don't know why anyone would engage with this guy.