Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

with the loyalist paras getting big time behind DUP, that party will easily hold East Belfast and North Down they will win rather easily.
North Belfast remains key to the DUP confidence....Dodds is arguably the biggest player in the party and he is very street wise, coming across as a serious politician and party mastermind....however Dodds has demonstrated that he is happy to get dirty with DUP accepting the loyalist para help to try and save his sea.

we know the likes of Sammy and Gregory are pure 100% bigots, Dodds has tried to present himself otherwise, this election is exposing the mask.

Rossfan

And some folks complained when I referred to DUPUDA  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

yellowcard

Dodds is plenty of things but he is not stupid. He knows that he needs to lock down hard core loyalist votes in order to retain his seat. He won't be getting much if any support from middle ground voters anyway after his recent record at Westminster and on Brexit. Like most politicians, any strongly held principles he claims to have, can be compromised on easily when a loss of power and money is at stake. The Dodds campaign has been based almost entirely around attacking Finucane though, rather than championing Dodds own credentials. 

imtommygunn

He doesn't have many credentials though which is probably why he is working like this.

Motto: protect the union.

What from: brexit.

Didn't you propose Brexit in the first place: umm, protect the union...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on November 19, 2019, 03:53:12 PM
And some folks complained when I referred to DUPUDA  ::)

Because you're mimicking other the DUP.

It's never been about normal politics, why anyone believes it should be about brexit, jobs, NHS  or education here in the north clearly has no idea!

For as long as I've been alive it's never been anything other the Orange and green politics. The DUP will use every dirty trick in the book and not give a f**k about it, they've completely no shame.

And whoever votes for them deserve it. Was watching Pop goes ni the other night and the loyalist were complaining about the DUP! And how the ordinary 'loyalists' shouldn't be voting for them.. this was 1996!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

Anyone see the Johnson v Corbyn debate that was on tonight? Who won?

Ronnie

Score draw which is a bad result for JC.  Milltown - to reiterate your point:  I see we (NI) had the union jacks out again tonight.. not good enough from IFA

trailer

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 19, 2019, 11:55:09 PM

Pretty awful truth be told. Julie Etchingham was way out of her depth, interrupted them too many times. To many stupid, silly questions but yet felt rushed.
It suited Boris who was able to duck proper scrutiny.

BennyHarp

Quote from: trailer on November 20, 2019, 09:13:16 AM

Pretty awful truth be told. Julie Etchingham was way out of her depth, interrupted them too many times. To many stupid, silly questions but yet felt rushed.

Yeah, The concept of having a ridiculously short time frame to answer the questions was a bad idea as it enabled both to evade proper scrutiny as they knew that they would be moved on to another point. Less questions and pressing the leaders on more depth of answer would have been more effective.
That was never a square ball!!

t_mac

What wold you give each other for Christmas FFS, she should get her P45.

BennyHarp

Quote from: t_mac on November 20, 2019, 09:31:04 AM

Making them shake hands mid way trough was pretty cringeworthy too.

That was never a square ball!!

seafoid

Trust
NHS
Vote Tory get Trump

The Tories are vulnerable
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tbrick18

Yeah Etchingham was pretty awful alright.
I think there is no option but to have that format though. Otherwise it would just be Brexit, Brexit, Brexit....and nothing else.
Boris actually has nothing to say other than soundbites, "get Brexit Done", "Dither and delay"....no substance at all, just constant mud slinging.
JC I thought made more of an effort to discuss policy and to keep the focus on Labour rather than constantly point the finger at the opponent (though he did a little of that too with the redacted document).
Whilst there may not have been a "winner", for me it strengthened my opinion that JC is genuine and I feel I can trust that he believes what he's saying. Whereas Boris comes across as always saying whatever is the popular answer to a question regardless of whether or not it is truthful. He's dishonest and an outright liar, IMO.

The question on personal integrity was telling, Boris couldn't answer it.

The tories renaming their twitter account to FactCheckUK during the debate is one of the most obvious attempts to dupe the public I've ever seen. They have no shame in playing dirty propaganda trick.
Absolute tragedy if they are returned with a majority in my opinion, but it wouldn't surprise me with the little Englanders.

tyrone08

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 20, 2019, 10:15:00 AM

I think there is no option but to have that format though. Otherwise it would just be Brexit, Brexit, Brexit....and nothing else.
Boris actually has nothing to say other than soundbites, "get Brexit Done", "Dither and delay"....no substance at all, just constant mud slinging.
JC I thought made more of an effort to discuss policy and to keep the focus on Labour rather than constantly point the finger at the opponent (though he did a little of that too with the redacted document).
Whilst there may not have been a "winner", for me it strengthened my opinion that JC is genuine and I feel I can trust that he believes what he's saying. Whereas Boris comes across as always saying whatever is the popular answer to a question regardless of whether or not it is truthful. He's dishonest and an outright liar, IMO.

The tories renaming their twitter account to FactCheckUK during the debate is one of the most obvious attempts to dupe the public I've ever seen. They have no shame in playing dirty propaganda trick.
Absolute tragedy if they are returned with a majority in my opinion, but it wouldn't surprise me with the little Englanders.

They will deserve everything they get and more if they vote for Boris. I mean anyone with an ounce of sense could tell Boris is lying. When asked about integrity and people who worked for Boris came forward and said you cant trust him it should tell you everything you need to know. In addition the tories changed their bloody twitter name to con people.

Given how thick the people in England seem to be at the minute I fully expect Boris to win.

trailer

Quote from: tyrone08 on November 20, 2019, 10:31:22 AM
Quote from: tbrick18 on November 20, 2019, 10:15:00 AM

They will deserve everything they get and more if they vote for Boris. I mean anyone with an ounce of sense could tell Boris is lying. When asked about integrity and people who worked for Boris came forward and said you cant trust him it should tell you everything you need to know. In addition the tories changed their bloody twitter name to con people.

Given how thick the people in England seem to be at the minute I fully expect Boris to win.

People in England? We return MPs who don't go to Westminster and another bunch who believe the world is only 6000 years old. I know people in GB might make poor choices but they are certainly not on their own. What do you think the Brits and others across Europe think about us?