Down versus Mayo

Started by SamFever, June 10, 2019, 10:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 17, 2019, 08:31:40 AM
Strewth, this thread is supposed to be about the upcoming match between Mayo and Down, not Dublin bus rides. Or anything about Dublin.

What's the feeling like in Down about this one?

Nobody really cares anymore Farr! The Dubs are bored winning and the likes of us are bored losing. And while you have a County that has a Monopoly on Funding, sponsorship and home advantage -  the boredom will only get worse.

yellowcard

Quote from: thewobbler on June 15, 2019, 10:39:24 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 15, 2019, 08:12:30 PM
I think Down could spring a surprise in this one, Mayo are on a sharp decline, a lot of old and tired legs in that side. Away from home on a Saturday night it's perfectly set up for an ambush and I think Down quietly fancy their chances.

Mayo won D1 of the league 6 weeks ago, without their key forward.

Since then they've lost one match, against another D1 team, when they kicked two dozen wides.

I'm not sure you actually understand what a sharp decline is.

Thanks for the reminder but I can make my own mind up on these things. You forgot to exclude the fact that Mayo have lost to Roscommon and Kildare in their last 2 championship fixtures which I imagine would be more of a priority than a national league. By any reasoning most people would agree that Mayo are certainly not on an upward curve so to argue that they are not in decline is to simply just ignore the evidence in front of you.

macdanger2

I presume Cillian won't be back for this?

Mayo4Sam

Rumour going round that Clarke has left the panel, presume its BS

Ruane is a big loss, although with the collar bone he could be back in six weeks
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Crete Boom

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 17, 2019, 11:09:57 AM
I presume Cillian won't be back for this?

He is supposed to have played a challenge match last weekend so he could be back.

Brick Tamlin

Is there tickets on sale form this game anywhere?
Does O'Neills in Newry sell them or Supervalu on Dublin Rd?
whats the dealio

guy crouchback

you should be able to get them in supervalu and i assume they will be on sale at the ground. if not just go up early and shout ''ill scan a season ticket'' there will be hundreds ( if not thousands) spare season tickets with people  looking to have them scanned.

fearsiuil

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 19, 2019, 03:52:53 PM
Is there tickets on sale form this game anywhere?
Does O'Neills in Newry sell them or Supervalu on Dublin Rd?
whats the dealio
Centra has tickets available to buy anyway.

ck

Heard the Carlow coach Poacher on Newstalk speaking up Down saying there was a buzz in the county and they'll run Mayo close. I think the buzz will soon end on Saturday as Mayo will hammer them out of sight!
I predict that Mayo will mark their All-Ireland intentions this weekend and show that they haven't gone away.

Rossfan

With all the ticket talk you'd think this was an AI Final.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ck on June 20, 2019, 01:11:29 PM
Heard the Carlow coach Poacher on Newstalk speaking up Down saying there was a buzz in the county and they'll run Mayo close. I think the buzz will soon end on Saturday as Mayo will hammer them out of sight!
I predict that Mayo will mark their All-Ireland intentions this weekend and show that they haven't gone away.
I have a niggly doubt about this game. Maybe Down might do better than run Mayo close. I've felt something is not quite right with team Mayo since the start of the year.
I wasn't bothered about the FDB- it was a case of the usual form.
The opening games of the league were inconsistent to say the least but I wasn't too worried as it was clear Horan  was experimenting with the inclusion of so many newcomers. I felt we were lucky to stay up and I thought the Kerry game in Tralee might banjax our chances of managing to do so.
However, there was a mighty improvement in all aspects of the team's display that day - except on the most important of all,  the scoreboard.
The same again for the final where it took a great save from Hennelly to prevent Kerry getting back into the game in the dying minutes.
I felt any other team with serious hopes of winning the AI, if they were on top in both games like Mayo were, would have closed both of them out long before the end.
Then off to New York where they managed to kick 18 frigging wides!
Against Roscommon, they paid the price. 15 wides here and some serious tactical mistakes and a game they should have won on form went down the game.
I dunno why the team is misfiring but t is obvious James and his players are not happy bunnies this year.
There could be another early exit this year unless whatever is wrong gets sorted out, fast.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 14, 2019, 07:44:27 AM
Another Friday, another rumour in rumourville.

It seems to be one a day this week.

rosnarun

not quite right with team Mayo since the start of the year.
Are you having a laugh or jus playing the poor mouth

they have won the only National title available this year  and then unluckily lost by a point to an ubder rated Ross team that won pulling up against a highly rated Galway team

I would expect mayo will beat down by a minimum of 6 points ,
Bad enough the rest of the country  having a good but the 'best fans in the world'(C) seem to be falling apart after one loss . Im glad our player are made of sterner stuff..
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ck on June 20, 2019, 01:11:29 PM

Against this current Down team who in the last two years alone have lost to Armagh,Louth,Laois,Clare,Cork in Newry? I think most can't see past a Mayo win here a likely comfortable one at that and doing what is expected will hardly mark their All Ireland intentions.

Angelo

Down are capable, they will have Mooney back and seem to be quite well organised under Tally and in O'Hare and Harrison they have a nice blend of scoring threat inside.

Ultimately it will depend what Mayo turns up, it could be routine for them or they could get a hell of a land. It just seems impossible to get a proper read on Mayo these days. I fancy them to get over the line but I think Down will offer them another qualifier scare.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL