Armagh v Cavan (Sun - 02-06-19) Clones

Started by illdecide, May 27, 2019, 09:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JP

If Armagh win this weekend it should be hilarious listening to some of these Cavan's posters whinging. I am sure they will find something to complain about even if they win.

cavanmaniac

It's worth remembering that last week was Graham's second ever championship game in senior intercounty management. McGeeney has been hard at it for a decent while without making too much apparent progress and I fully expect him to over-think it for the replay and focus too much on stopping Cavan. I'd say our boys have more scope to improve and continue evolving whereas I'm not sure Armagh have another gear. I can see Cavan taking it by three or four.

Captain Obvious

Donaghy will be big loss and even if he plays Jarlath Óg Burns is unlikely to be near 100% fit after that heavy knock he got last weekend. All the pressure is on Cavan to deliver a win here and are safe in the knowledge that underdogs rarely win a replay.

Solo_run

Quote from: Itchy on June 07, 2019, 04:33:59 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on June 07, 2019, 04:02:11 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 07, 2019, 03:53:12 PM
Quote from: five points on June 07, 2019, 03:24:32 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on June 07, 2019, 03:12:17 PM
From what I have heard the Donaghy red card was appealed based on a technicality. The ref showed a yellow before the red. We accept it was a red and the decision rightfully stands.

That's very fair too. No harm in keeping refs on their toes.

I am sure the ref wrote in his report that it was a straight red, so trying to get off as he accidentally pulled a yellow for a split second before the red is pathetic carry on.

Have you seen the report?

If the report said two yellows there would be no suspension and no appeal so it had to say straight red. I'm sorry if this is too difficult for you to comprehend.

Getting a bit personal now aren't we  ::)

I am just making sure you have actually read it. You and other Cavan fans have moaned all week about how incompetent the referee has been.

Solo_run

Quote from: cavanmaniac on June 07, 2019, 04:55:18 PM
It's worth remembering that last week was Graham's second ever championship game in senior intercounty management. McGeeney has been hard at it for a decent while without making too much apparent progress and I fully expect him to over-think it for the replay and focus too much on stopping Cavan. I'd say our boys have more scope to improve and continue evolving whereas I'm not sure Armagh have another gear. I can see Cavan taking it by three or four.

I have the fear that McGeeney will not change anything for Armagh or he will make too many changes - I fear the former more than the latter. If we lose on Sunday I hope it is because Cavan were better and not down to us losing our heads and the game in the closing stages.

I hope Clarke and O'Neill are not as quiet and Murnin is closer to full fitness.

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on June 07, 2019, 03:53:12 PM
Quote from: five points on June 07, 2019, 03:24:32 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on June 07, 2019, 03:12:17 PM
From what I have heard the Donaghy red card was appealed based on a technicality. The ref showed a yellow before the red. We accept it was a red and the decision rightfully stands.

That's very fair too. No harm in keeping refs on their toes.

I am sure the ref wrote in his report that it was a straight red, so trying to get off as he accidentally pulled a yellow for a split second before the red is pathetic carry on.

I'm certain he didn't even pull out a yellow. I thought the card got stuck and that's why he brought his hand up twice

tonto1888

Quote from: cavanmaniac on June 07, 2019, 04:55:18 PM

We certainly have another gear. ONeill and Clarke for example didn't have their best days and that's before you think about Grugan. I agree with you tho. McGeeney seems to preoccupied with stopping other teams rather than letting our boys actually play

Westside

Quote from: JP on June 07, 2019, 04:45:35 PM
If Armagh win this weekend it should be hilarious listening to some of these Cavan's posters whinging. I am sure they will find something to complain about even if they win.

If Grimley stabs McKiernan in the heart after the throw in it should be hilarious listening to all of these Armagh posters explain his actions away. "He was eating an apple right before throw in, obviously forgot it was in his hand, could happen anyone. Them Cavan boys were no angels either hai"

Solo_run

What about Ciaran Brady's red card? There hasn't been much mention of that

Throw ball

Quote from: Westside on June 07, 2019, 06:32:24 PM

If Grimley stabs McKiernan in the heart after the throw in it should be hilarious listening to all of these Armagh posters explain his actions away. "He was eating an apple right before throw in, obviously forgot it was in his hand, could happen anyone. Them Cavan boys were no angels either hai"

Considering McKiernan pulled and dragged Grimley around the pitch by the shirt last week I think he is the one that should be worrying.

Westside

Quote from: Solo_run on June 07, 2019, 06:47:04 PM

Probably because it was deserved and Cavan didnt appeal it. A strange concept for you lads I know.

Westside

Quote from: Throw ball on June 07, 2019, 06:56:28 PM

Considering McKiernan pulled and dragged Grimley around the pitch by the shirt last week I think he is the one that should be worrying.

Gearoid is sitting up at night worrying about marking Grimley I'd say...  ;)

Solo_run

Quote from: Westside on June 07, 2019, 07:28:25 PM
Quote from: Solo_run on June 07, 2019, 06:47:04 PM

Probably because it was deserved and Cavan didnt appeal it. A strange concept for you lads I know.

Armagh fans have been saying Donaghy deserved his and haven't supported the appeal.

tonto1888

What are you on about

BennyCake

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 07, 2019, 08:38:22 PM

What are you on about

No idea, but I'll have some of whatever he's smoking.