2019 USFC SF Dún na nGall vs Tír Eoghain, Breffni, Saturday 8th June @5pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, May 26, 2019, 09:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

I think we'll see a very different Tyrone performance and style of play in this game than we have said in the previous two games. Mickey has a habit of not showing his hand too early which often leaves fans wondering what is going on sometimes.

I fully expect CC or maybe Frank Burns playing as a full time sweeper in front of the Donegal FF line. I cannot see them leaving it man for man for any length of time.
Likewise I will say Donegal will play a man in front of McShane or Mattie if at FF and there will be lot less space to hit good ball into them as before. We've used the diagonal ball a lot in the last two games and Donegal will be wise to that.
Mickey doesn't care about entertainment or how the game looks, it's all about winning and I can see it going back to being quite like last year in Ballybofey with maybe the odd high ball delivered in to Mattie AND McShane.

The Bearded One

In Ryan McHugh Donegal possess one the best players around for anticipating a 'flicked' pass from a kick-out with him heading towards the opposition goals...if we leave as much space for this to happen as we did against Antrim, we will be punished. I expect 2/3 Tyrone men behind midfield for every kick-out with a zonal press in front of that, I don't think we will push man on man. Patton has a brilliant ability to find his man, I think they had a 100% success rate against Fermanagh.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Fuzzman

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Angelo

I'd imagine Tyrone will line out pretty closely to the last day, would expect McKernan to come in for HP McGeary or Rory Brennan.

Kennedy and K McGeary look like they will be available but I'd expect both to start off the bench.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

redzone

The South terrace is behind the goals isn't it. Can you walk right around the terrace from there or is it closed off

J70

Quote from: FermGael on June 06, 2019, 07:04:32 PM
Folks there is a 10k on Saturday in Enniskillen at 2 p.m.

That's a pain in the arse for just about everyone heading from west and south of Barnes Gap.

J70

Quote from: The Bearded One on June 04, 2019, 02:20:36 PM
In Ryan McHugh Donegal possess one the best players around for anticipating a 'flicked' pass from a kick-out with him heading towards the opposition goals...if we leave as much space for this to happen as we did against Antrim, we will be punished. I expect 2/3 Tyrone men behind midfield for every kick-out with a zonal press in front of that, I don't think we will push man on man. Patton has a brilliant ability to find his man, I think they had a 100% success rate against Fermanagh.

Would you not like to see both teams just say "f**k it" and take a chance and go for it in a shoot-out?

I hope Donegal keep three or four up the field. If they lose, so be it, but the packed defense is done.

Angelo

Quote from: J70 on June 07, 2019, 01:07:10 AM
Quote from: The Bearded One on June 04, 2019, 02:20:36 PM

Would you not like to see both teams just say "f**k it" and take a chance and go for it in a shoot-out?

I hope Donegal keep three or four up the field. If they lose, so be it, but the packed defense is done.

It's about striking the balance right, we've been wide open against Division 4 sides on a number of occasions so far this year. If we do the same against Donegal we will lose.

We need to plug up the gaps that have emerged at the back in those two games but I hope we continue to move the ball with the same speed, accuracy and directness that we have done in the 2 games so far.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

giveherlong

Any word of lineouts for both sides?

Hampsey to pick up M Murphy?

Jayop

Tyrone Starting  V. Donegal

1 N Morgan

2 P Hampsey

3 R McNamee

4 M McKernan

5 T McCann

6 B McDonnell

7 M Cassidy

8 C Cavanagh

9 R Donnelly

10 M Donnelly

11 N Sludden

12 F Burns

13 C McShane

14 P Harte

15 C McAliskey

Fuzzman

Delighted to see McAliskey named in FF line. I thought he looked hungry to prove himself v Antrim. The way that he won his own high ball and took his goal impressed me and was almost him saying to Mickey I can do what McShane does but can also score goals.

A little surprised Sludden and McDonnell have kept their places. The cynics amongst us would also ask would Ben be playing if he wasn't from Errigal of course. I mean I think he's done OK this year during the league but there's a lot of lads fighting to get into that team over the years like Rory Brennan for example who always seems to do well yet he seems to get left off again and again.
Sludden was a firm favourite of mine for a good few years now but he's regressed big time since last summer. It's as if he's become very one dimensional and men know he will try to burst through tackles and try to win a free (Fall over)

I wonder will we see Colm C back into his usual sweeper role on Sat or will Frank Burns or someone else play there?

Quite a few of changes from last year's AI final lineup already this year. Cassidy seems to have settled in well.

1. Niall Morgan (Clonoe)
2. Michael McKernan (Coalisland)
3. Ronan McNamee (Aghyaran)
4. Padraig Hampsey (Coalisland)
5. Tiernan McCann (Killyclogher)
10. Mattie Donnelly (Trillick)
18. Rory Brennan (Trillick)
8. Colm Cavanagh (Moy)
9. Cathal McShane (Eoghan Ruadh)
12. Kieran McGeary (Pomeroy)
11. Niall Sludden (Dromore)
7. Peter Harte (Errigal Ciaran)
13. Mark Bradley (Killyclogher)
25. Conor Meyler (Omagh)
15. Connor McAliskey (Clonoe)
Subs
17. Lee Brennan (Trillick) for Meyler (39)
6. Frank Burns (Pomeroy) for Sludden (46)
14. Richard Donnelly (Trillick) for McAliskey (49)
20. Harry Loughran (Moy) for McGeary (black card) (49)
22. Declan McClure (Clonoe) for McShane (55)
26. Ronan O'Neill (Omagh) for Bradley (64)

Captain Obvious

What like 11 same starters from last years All Ireland final? and changes were needed after the manner of that final defeat. Looks like Tyrone's game to lose tomorrow, Donegal under Bonner still doesn't convince me, one of those managers that has this care free attitude about his teams defensive responsibilities, shipped 2-17 at home to Tyrone last August and any team that don't defend well against Tyrone are normally well beaten.

Redhand Santa

I see bonner trying to put pressure on the ref about protecting his players. That's a few times he's tried that one: Could see through it if Donegal where squeaky clean.

J70

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 07, 2019, 08:48:07 PM
I see bonner trying to put pressure on the ref about protecting his players. That's a few times he's tried that one: Could see through it if Donegal where squeaky clean.

What did he say?