Football qualifier route 2019

Started by Blowitupref, May 22, 2019, 01:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Rounds 2,3 and 4 in successive weeks.
We voted for tighter schedules for Inter County but added 2 extra rounds of Quarter Final fixtures so....
Did I tell ye Ros are the first team to make the Quarter Finals this year?
And bet 2 Div 1 teams plus Leitrim to get there.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Quote from: Hound on June 19, 2019, 04:29:58 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 19, 2019, 04:10:52 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 19, 2019, 03:01:43 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 19, 2019, 01:27:12 PM
Do these qualifiers go to extra time? Then extra extra time? Or what's the story?
As i stated on page 1 of this thread all games must find a winner on the day and that includes penalties if required.

I thought the answer might lie in these 11 pages somewhere, but it seemed quicker just to ask here. Aye, I'm a lazy hoor, I know  ;D
In fairness, there can be some confusion.
A replay in Ulster goes: Extra Time - Extra Extra Time - Penalties
A qualifier just goes: Extra Time - Penalties

no idea how replays in the other provinces go, and we're unlikely to find out this year at this stage!

All explained here.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

BennyCake

Quote from: Rossfan on June 19, 2019, 05:15:28 PM
We voted for tighter schedules for Inter County but added 2 extra rounds of Quarter Final fixtures so....

Ah yes. There has to be a winner on the day so they can stick to their Super 8 schedule. We can't have a Leitrim Wicklow replay ballsing up the cash cow competition now, can we?

But as you say, a condensed county calendar. Take off a couple of Sundays from the start, and add them on to the end bit. Yip, that'll do it.

Rossfan

That's what ye voted for.....
So there could be more weekends for club games.

trailer

Antrim pushing tickets still for a game with 2.5k capacity. But if there's a 2nd tier no one will be interested in going to games. A joke argument made by people who have limited mental capacity.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on June 19, 2019, 09:22:49 PM
Antrim pushing tickets still for a game with 2.5k capacity. But if there's a 2nd tier no one will be interested in going to games. A joke argument made by people who have limited mental capacity.

Sold out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

David McKeown

Quote from: Rossfan on June 19, 2019, 05:15:28 PM

Not sure about that. Pretty sure Dublin and Kerry booked their places as soon as it was confirmed they had entered
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Rossfan

We've qualified, neither of them have yet.

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 19, 2019, 10:21:49 PM

Sold out

The fact they had to push tickets and that they weren't massively oversubscribed is an embarrassment.
No 2nd tier! No one will be interested!!!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on June 20, 2019, 12:38:40 PM

Sold out

The fact they had to push tickets and that they weren't massively oversubscribed is an embarrassment.

Push? It was on social media, the PR people promoting games? Should he not do that? I didnt realise Antrim were the only county that uses social media to inform people about games. Some counties are missing a trick here..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 20, 2019, 01:49:22 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 20, 2019, 12:38:40 PM

Sold out

Push? It was on social media, the PR people promoting games? Should he not do that? I didnt realise Antrim were the only county that uses social media to inform people about games. Some counties are missing a trick here..

Yes, push. That's correct. You read that correctly. Well done.

2.5k capacity and they were pushing the tickets as it was not fully subscribed. But no, you are against a 2nd tier as it will not have any interest levels. I am trying to point out how absurd your view is. Antrim football is on life support. Continuing to do the same thing they have always done will not help it.

APM

A bit of manners would go long way. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean that they have limited mental capacity.  Comments like that speak volumes. 

If it was a second tier game, they could push all they like, but can't imagine them selling 2.5k tickets for the visit of Sligo in the equivalent of the Nicky Rackard Cup.  They would be lucky to get 200. At least in this game they have the chance of taking Kildare's scalp and there are plenty that see an upset on the cards.

Wonder if you'd be making the same argument if Tyrone were in Division 3.  Wonder what you would be saying if Tyrone, Kildare or Mayo were to be beaten by Division 3 opposition on Saturday. Not out of the question that one of those results will go the way of the underdog. Now that I've mentioned it, it probably won't happen - but Derry, Down, Mayo and Monaghan have all been beaten by Longford in the past. Your big idea would rob us of the opportunity of a result like that happening again; which is great for Longford supporters and enlivens the qualifers. 

I'd wager that for supporters, those wins are worth far more than beating Wexford, Limerick and Carlow to lift the Jim Joe McGillicuddy Shield. 

There are a couple of Longfordians on here.  Would love their views. 

Main Street

Quote from: APM on June 20, 2019, 02:36:57 PM

A bit of manners would go long way. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean that they have limited mental capacity.  Comments like that speak volumes. 

If it was a second tier game, they could push all they like, but can't imagine them selling 2.5k tickets for the visit of Sligo in the equivalent of the Nicky Rackard Cup.  They would be lucky to get 200. At least in this game they have the chance of taking Kildare's scalp and there are plenty that see an upset on the cards.

Wonder if you'd be making the same argument if Tyrone were in Division 3.  Wonder what you would be saying if Tyrone, Kildare or Mayo were to be beaten by Division 3 opposition on Saturday. Not out of the question that one of those results will go the way of the underdog. Now that I've mentioned it, it probably won't happen - but Derry, Down, Mayo and Monaghan have all been beaten by Longford in the past. Your big idea would rob us of the opportunity of a result like that happening again; which is great for Longford supporters and enlivens the qualifers. 

I'd wager that for supporters, those wins are worth far more than beating Wexford, Limerick and Carlow to lift the Jim Joe McGillicuddy Shield. 

Larries are best left to themselves, not comfortable in the limelight, content with memories of pissing on peoples parades.

trailer

Ok if Tyrone were in Div 3 or 4 I would have a different opinion. I would be of the opinion of introducing a 3rd tier!
I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings but I can see no rational reason for not supporting the tiering of the championship. None!

Antrim have a chance of taking a Kildare scalp? ROFL!!
Have you got anymore jokes? That's a really good one.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: trailer on June 20, 2019, 03:26:28 PM

Ok if Tyrone were in Div 3 or 4 I would have a different opinion. I would be of the opinion of introducing a 3rd tier!
I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings but I can see no rational reason for not supporting the tiering of the championship. None!

Antrim have a chance of taking a Kildare scalp? ROFL!!
Have you got anymore jokes? That's a really good one.

Kildare were well beaten by Division 4 Carlow last summer and a month ago only fell over the line v Wicklow.