Singers Who Don't Sing Live

Started by Olly, January 19, 2023, 11:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olly

I heard today that Mariah Carey and Madonna don't sing live in concerts. Is there anyone else? I refuse to believe Carey doesn't sing live.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

93-DY-SAM

Have heard Daniel O'Donnell doesn't sing live these days either. The world has gone to hell and a handbasket altogether.

johnnycool

Wee Uncle Hugo "sings" bits live, when it comes to the high notes he holds the mic out to the crowd as he's fĂșcked when it comes to them.

So they tell me.

Jeepers Creepers

Remember Pete Waterman saying he never let Kylie minoge sing live as didnt want to upset people who had paid money to see here.

tc_manchester

Shamrock Shore

Taylor Swift. I was in Croke Park at a meeting when they were doing sound checks for her last gig there.

I was told by officials there that she sings "live-ish".

I was aghast - but I was told the young wans don't care. They are just there to 'make memories'

I'm old  :(

AustinPowers

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 20, 2023, 11:44:22 AM
Taylor Swift. I was in Croke Park at a meeting when they were doing sound checks for her last gig there.

I was told by officials there that she sings "live-ish".

I was aghast - but I was told the young wans don't care. They are just there to 'make memories'

I'm old  :(

The  window cleaner came round last week  and pretended to clean our windows .  I paid him full whack as usual.  He stayed for an hour and we talked football , he  ate our buns and drank our tae. Still can't see out the  windows but  was a great afternoons craic . Ah the memories

delgany

Quote from: tc_manchester on January 20, 2023, 11:25:42 AM
Quote from: In hiding on January 20, 2023, 09:44:17 AM
Luv Bug

Spent many a night not dancing to them in Omagh St Enda's

Still a great night on the ole Sunday dance at the GAA

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Eamonnca1

Eamonnca1

Isn't there a certain amount of backing track used in just about all performances these days?

J70

There was a documentary on Netflix a while back about backing singers.

Turns out some of the stuff Phil Specter put out in the 60s with girl bands like The Crystals was actually sung, in the studio versions, by Darlene Love, with no acknowledgement or credit.

gawa316