All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Tubberman on January 22, 2023, 09:28:40 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 22, 2023, 09:06:18 PM
Does S Walsh actually live in the catchment area. On review, is that penalty not outside the square and he falls inside?

Thought that looking at penalty on the news, but haven't watched it back.
Walsh is a student, so I'm sure someone could get him digs in the area.
It stinks tbh, he's with Hibernia college as far as I know, which is largely online, so he doesn't need to be in Dublin at all (for college anyway).
I see a Moycullen player had a cut at him on twitter as well.
Which Moycullen player?
He has some cheek and the amount of imports they have themselves, physician heal thyself.

square_ball

Does S Walsh actually live in the catchment area. On review, is that penalty not outside the square and he falls inside?

Probably was just about outside but impossible for a ref to know for sure the way it played out. VAR would maybe have overturned it.

Gael85

It stinks tbh, he's with Hibernia college as far as I know, which is largely online, so he doesn't need to be in Dublin at all (for college anyway).

Walsh is teaching in Dublin too.

Wildweasel74

He reaching Jim McGuinness terrority on his student category, He not coming 30 this year, I was out Uni at 23 and that was a year late.

delgany

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 22, 2023, 09:12:19 PM
What's in the GAA official rulebook?

Rule 7.4  Validity of Team Constitution, appeal within 3 days.
Outcome at disceration of CCC and including forfeiture of game without awarding game to opposition. C c c decide the penalty!

galwayman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 22, 2023, 09:45:35 PM
He reaching Jim McGuinness terrority on his student category, He not coming 30 this year, I was out Uni at 23 and that was a year late.
He didn't go to college after secondary school.
Worked in the bank and various other jobs.
Obviously decided as he got older that teaching is what he wanted to do.
Nothing wrong with that

yellowcard

If the penalty was considered a foul (and it was soft but to be fair the ref was quite fussy in not allowing much contact) then it was borderline inside or outside. Similar to the one Kilcoo got in the Ulster final but missed.

The Shane Walsh transfer does indeed stink, in a game that close, he made a difference so it must be a bitter pill for Glen to swallow.

Wildweasel74

The initial foul ( and it is a foul) started outside.

galwayman

Could you steer me in the direction of that tweet?
Extremely ironic!

Tubberman

Quote from: galwayman on January 22, 2023, 10:46:06 PM

Extremely ironic!

https://twitter.com/DavidWy08468671/status/1617203711578619905?t=ER4V4cIlasQm7TnFBDxFww&s=08

Moycullen have a Knockmore midfielder and an Antrim fella as well. Are there more?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Armagh18

Quote from: Tubberman on January 22, 2023, 10:49:55 PM

Extremely ironic!

https://twitter.com/DavidWy08468671/status/1617203711578619905?t=ER4V4cIlasQm7TnFBDxFww&s=08

Moycullen have a Knockmore midfielder and an Antrim fella as well. Are there more?
I doubt they are paying them.

galwayman

Quote from: Tubberman on January 22, 2023, 10:49:55 PM

Extremely ironic!

The Antrim lad is on the Galway panel - Eoin Gallagher.
They have a lad that played underage with Cavan also - Niall Walsh.
They seem to have a lot of good young lads coming though all the same. Won the minor A in Galway against the head this year against a team with 5 starters on the AI winning Galway minor team.
To be honest - looking at the tweet there I think he's having a laugh with Walsh. He's tagged him in it and they are friends - Wynne played for Galway for a number of years with Shane.
I don't think there's anything in it to be honest.

Gold

Quote from: square_ball on January 22, 2023, 09:38:20 PM

Probably was just about outside but impossible for a ref to know for sure the way it played out. VAR would maybe have overturned it.

No probably about it.
It was outside.....the ref didnt give himself time to think, just got excited and immediately signalled for a penalty.

Generally tight ones are given as 13 yard frees.

It totally and utterly changed the game

Horrific call
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

OrchardOrange

Quote from: yellowcard on January 22, 2023, 10:20:59 PM
If the penalty was considered a foul (and it was soft but to be fair the ref was quite fussy in not allowing much contact) then it was borderline inside or outside. Similar to the one Kilcoo got in the Ulster final but missed.

The Shane Walsh transfer does indeed stink, in a game that close, he  ???made a difference so it must be a bitter pill for Glen to swallow.

What is it about Dublin and cheating? The county set up has been at it for decades and now the clubs. They are the Rangers of GAA.

Armagh18

Quote from: OrchardOrange on January 22, 2023, 11:34:20 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on January 22, 2023, 10:20:59 PM

The Shane Walsh transfer does indeed stink, in a game that close, he  ???made a difference so it must be a bitter pill for Glen to swallow.

What is it about Dublin and cheating? The county set up has been at it for decades and now the clubs. They are the Rangers of GAA.
Man City/PSG more like.