Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

clarshack

Quote from: stillsenior on November 27, 2022, 12:59:09 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 26, 2022, 07:12:47 PM
Quote from: square_ball on November 26, 2022, 03:52:56 PM
Well done Stewartstown. A pre Christmas trip to England to look forward to now for the quarter final. I think they had to do that trip back in 2004 as well.

Thanks it was some game! I believe we play Glasgow Gaels in Glasgow in 2 weeks time.

https://fb.watch/h363aEsWKP/
Thats a link to their All Britain FInal v St Brendans Manchester

Is there another way of seeing this game? as it has mysteriously vanished.

stillsenior

Quote from: clarshack on December 02, 2022, 09:20:57 PM
Well done Stewartstown. A pre Christmas trip to England to look forward to now for the quarter final. I think they had to do that trip back in 2004 as well.

Thanks it was some game! I believe we play Glasgow Gaels in Glasgow in 2 weeks time.

It was on Lancashire GAA Facebook page. Looks like they have taken it down.  They might still have a copy if you ask nicely

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

delgany

Quote from: stillsenior on December 02, 2022, 09:36:21 PM

It was on Lancashire GAA Facebook page. Looks like they have taken it down.  They might still have a copy if you ask nicely

It was very poor quality coverage and  football was poor enough

clarshack

Is there a stream even of the Scottish final when they hammered Dunedin?

clarshack

Quote from: delgany on December 02, 2022, 11:27:38 PM
Quote from: stillsenior on December 02, 2022, 09:36:21 PM

It was very poor quality coverage and  football was poor enough

I only watched a couple of mins when it was posted here with the intention of watching it all tonight, but a poor looking game doesn't mean anything. In fact from when you look at the players they have and their original clubs Glasgow Gaels seem to be the equivalent of a Division 1 side. Their main man is Tomas Clarke who played for Fermanagh against Donegal in the championship 3 years ago. He's about 6'5 and pretty damn good too.
https://www.impartialreporter.com/sport/23115981.lisnaskeas-clarke-captains-glasgow-gaels-british-junior-title/

square_ball

Ah jaysus Clarshak come off it. I'll give you a bye for talking the Cavan team up as they turned out to be tough but to say that this Glasgow team is the equivalent of a division 1 team I don't think so! The travelling and playing in Scotland are factors I'll give you that but Stewartstown will win comfortably. Is there many from the club going over?

giveherlong

Quote from: square_ball on December 03, 2022, 10:08:46 AM
Ah jaysus Clarshak come off it. I'll give you a bye for talking the Cavan team up as they turned out to be tough but to say that this Glasgow team is the equivalent of a division 1 team I don't think so! The travelling and playing in Scotland are factors I'll give you that but Stewartstown will win comfortably. Is there many from the club going over?

Clarshak has gone full Jim Gavin. AGAIN 😴
Probably best to ignore at this stage

clarshack

Quote from: giveherlong on December 03, 2022, 10:53:53 AM

Their goalkeeper is from Naas, right corner back from Ballinascreen, full back from Clonduff, other players from the likes of Ballyhaise, Enniskillen Gaels etc. All from good clubs in their own county.
We are now missing 3 key forwards from the Tyrone final and it will be played on their home pitch which is 3G. They destroyed Dunedin in the Scottish final and Dunedin had been getting some decent results at this stage over the last 6 years or so. I would happily take a 1pt win.

clarshack

Well I was proven right for talking up Drumlane. 10 mins of research would have shown that they had at least 3 guys who have played for Cavan Seniors and a load of others who have played for Cavan minors/u-20's in recent years. They were a big physical side too.

Anyway it will be a good trip for supporters to look forward to next weekend and I think there is a good few heading over.

on the sideline

clarshack

Setanta beaten today in the hurling equivalent by the British champions at Carrickmore.

Galway teams Clifden and Dunmore won the Connacht Junior and Intermediate titles today so if us and Galbally win next weekend that's who we would play in January.

giveherlong

Quote from: clarshack on December 03, 2022, 03:26:12 PM
Setanta beaten today in the hurling equivalent by the British champions at Carrickmore.

Galway teams Clifden and Dunmore won the Connacht Junior and Intermediate titles today so if us and Galbally win next weekend that's who we would play in January.
Fossa/Cliffords in the final then in Croke Park
There will be some interest in that game!
Hopefully yous get a few injured men back

Ty4Sam

Quote from: clarshack on December 03, 2022, 11:18:35 AM
Quote from: giveherlong on December 03, 2022, 10:53:53 AM

Their goalkeeper is from Naas, right corner back from Ballinascreen, full back from Clonduff, other players from the likes of Ballyhaise, Enniskillen Gaels etc. All from good clubs in their own county.
We are now missing 3 key forwards from the Tyrone final and it will be played on their home pitch which is 3G. They destroyed Dunedin in the Scottish final and Dunedin had been getting some decent results at this stage over the last 6 years or so. I would happily take a 1pt win.

Have to agree with you Clarshak, the 3 lads will be a massive loss at this stage. Think you'd have won Ulster at a canter with the 2 missing lads. Credit to the lads stepping up but definitely a lot weaker without 3 very key players. Still think you'll have enough for next week but would love to see you with a full compliment for next stages.