RG at arms length

Started by seafoid, May 15, 2023, 11:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

I hope that he has good advice. He could fix himself, sort out the family stuff, turn things around and come back to the sport, I imagine. He could also self destruct. He is a very talented coach.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on May 17, 2023, 02:11:14 PM
I hope that he has good advice. He could fix himself, sort out the family stuff, turn things around and come back to the sport, I imagine. He could also self destruct. He is a very talented coach.

Before he could do that he's have to acknowledge there's an issue to overcome, get the required support etc etc, but his first public release suggests he maybe doesn't see that he may have an issue but there could be more in-depth thought going on in private.

Armagh18

if allegations are true he should not be anywhere near the sport again, at least without a lengthy spell inside.

seafoid

Quote from: johnnycool on May 17, 2023, 02:35:42 PM

Before he could do that he's have to acknowledge there's an issue to overcome, get the required support etc etc, but his first public release suggests he maybe doesn't see that he may have an issue but there could be more in-depth thought going on in private.
Nothing will change unless he is honest with himself. Many GAA stars have had problems with drink and gambling that required similar processes
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 17, 2023, 02:44:02 PM
if allegations are true he should not be anywhere near the sport again, at least without a lengthy spell inside.

That goes for anyone in any sport, but in reality, that's not going to happen, there must be countless offenders out there looking after teams or involved in GAA.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rosnarun

nothing t o to do with Current Row but From a football POV I'm glad hes gone . his teams have played  in a very negative manner like McGuiness he was will to destroy the game for his own Glory. and like McGuiness it could be a long time before we would see him in another management role regardless.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

marty34

Quote from: rosnarun on May 17, 2023, 03:16:55 PM
nothing t o to do with Current Row but From a football POV I'm glad hes gone . his teams have played  in a very negative manner like McGuiness he was will to destroy the game for his own Glory. and like McGuiness it could be a long time before we would see him in another management role regardless.

People say this but they usually score more than the other team.

So how can that style be negative?

tbrick18

Quote from: marty34 on May 17, 2023, 04:39:41 PM

Half the teams in the country now use a similar approach.
Armagh did it at the weekend.
Galway have been doing it for 2 years.
Tyrone dabble with it.
But no, they're not negative. Only the RG or Jim McGuinness teams are negative for some reason.

For me, that's a lack of understanding of a style of play.
Derry defend as 15 and attack as 15. So if we are a defensive team because we defend 15 behind the ball, then by definition we are an attacking team pushing 15 up the pitch.

nrico2006

Got two unexpected Ulster's with Derry, serious achievement and Derry will more than likely return back into the pack now he has left.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Mourne Red

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 17, 2023, 05:24:36 PM
Got two unexpected Ulster's with Derry, serious achievement and Derry will more than likely return back into the pack now he has left.

I don't think youse will nrico.. Great club scene going atm looking in from outside and you've had great underage teams past few years.. Them senior titles youngsters can see there's something for them to join

nrico2006

Quote from: Mourne Red on May 17, 2023, 05:26:45 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 17, 2023, 05:24:36 PM

I don't think youse will nrico.. Great club scene going atm looking in from outside and you've had great underage teams past few years.. Them senior titles youngsters can see there's something for them to join

Always had strongest club scene in Ulster and good underage sides, need someone special to harmonise it all together.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

93-DY-SAM

Am sorry, but even with my rose-tinted glasses that is simply a lazy statement you have regurgitated from other lazy analysts.

larryin89

Derry are a decent side but nothing to suggest they have enough depth to be serious contenders . Far too much reliance on mcguigan too . Top drawer footballer though that's for sure .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

thebuzz

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2023, 02:47:32 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 17, 2023, 02:44:02 PM

That goes for anyone in any sport, but in reality, that's not going to happen, there must be countless offenders out there looking after teams or involved in GAA.

How can you make this assumption? What are you basing this on?

The reason the GAA don't know how to handle this is because it's never really come up that much before as far as I'm aware.

There may be countless offenders in the General Public but I don't see why it has to follow that 'there must be countless offenders out there looking after teams or involved in GAA'.

tonto1888

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 17, 2023, 05:00:31 PM
Quote from: marty34 on May 17, 2023, 04:39:41 PM

Half the teams in the country now use a similar approach.
Armagh did it at the weekend.
Galway have been doing it for 2 years.
Tyrone dabble with it.
But no, they're not negative. Only the RG or Jim McGuinness teams are negative for some reason.

For me, that's a lack of understanding of a style of play.
Derry defend as 15 and attack as 15. So if we are a defensive team because we defend 15 behind the ball, then by definition we are an attacking team pushing 15 up the pitch.

Granted I don't see a lot of Derry but form the game against Galway last year to what I've seen this year, Sunday included, they are a much better and more attacking side