Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Find it mad to even consider that Gallagher will be there on Sunday. Surprised he, or someone else for him, hasnt decided to step aside at least for now.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

seafoid

Quote from: Mario on May 12, 2023, 12:32:17 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 12, 2023, 10:28:50 AM
D2 final Derry vs Dubs and the 4 goals

https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/1642538411557900292
A square ball, a soft penalty and a point effort that went in top corner against a weakened Derry team - Dubs had a lot of luck with those goals. I wouldn't read too much into it as the Job was done before the game.
The Dubs waltzed through the backs all afternoon. That would worry me if I was a Derry fan
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armamike

The problem the Derry county board have now is that they've no control of the situation and no control over what will happen over the coming days and weeks in terms of backlash and bad pr.  They would be in a much stronger position if they pulled Rory Gallagher aside and said, listen it's best for you and us if you step aside for a while.
That's just, like your opinion man.

5times5times

Armagh men, what level of abuse will be fired at RG's way? IMO he deserves every last ounce of it.

If he does come out onto the line, I hope there's an almighty boo, with a few choice words thrown in there.

Hopefully Gough has his wits about him and puts him in his place, his carry-on along the line is way out of line.

screenexile

Quote from: seafoid on May 12, 2023, 01:26:17 PM
Quote from: Mario on May 12, 2023, 12:32:17 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 12, 2023, 10:28:50 AM
D2 final Derry vs Dubs and the 4 goals

https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/1642538411557900292
A square ball, a soft penalty and a point effort that went in top corner against a weakened Derry team - Dubs had a lot of luck with those goals. I wouldn't read too much into it as the Job was done before the game.
The Dubs waltzed through the backs all afternoon. That would worry me if I was a Derry fan

People's memories must be completely warped about that National League final... Derry were 6-4 up at HT and played really well before Glass went off!

ClubScene13

Quote from: 5times5times on May 12, 2023, 01:37:56 PM
Armagh men, what level of abuse will be fired at RG's way? IMO he deserves every last ounce of it.

If he does come out onto the line, I hope there's an almighty boo, with a few choice words thrown in there.

Hopefully Gough has his wits about him and puts him in his place, his carry-on along the line is way out of line.

He'll get some touch, there will be plenty of beer buses heading for Clones on a sunny Ulster final day, no doubt in that.

trailer

Quote from: ClubScene13 on May 12, 2023, 01:50:57 PM

He'll get some touch, there will be plenty of beer buses heading for Clones on a sunny Ulster final day, no doubt in that.

It will reflect badly on Derry and all of us in the GAA in general if he is allowed on to carry on. What message does that send out to women and young girls?
Derry are in a awful position but they have handled it terribly as well. Ignoring it and hoping it goes away is a stupid tactic.

bennydorano

Remember Paul Gasgoine used to get dog's abuse from the Celtic fans with the he beats his wife chant / song.

Armagh18

Quote from: ClubScene13 on May 12, 2023, 01:50:57 PM

His only saving grace is most of those will be on the hill so a fair bit away.

God14

Quote from: Armamike on May 12, 2023, 01:31:10 PM
The problem the Derry county board have now is that they've no control of the situation and no control over what will happen over the coming days and weeks in terms of backlash and bad pr.  They would be in a much stronger position if they pulled Rory Gallagher aside and said, listen it's best for you and us if you step aside for a while.

Yeah im absolutely amazed they didnt do this. Its a tricky spot, unprecedented in GAA circles, but it clearly both the right thing to do, and the most straight forward way of handling the scenario. They are now actually self combusting as many supporters dont want him on the line, whereas others attitudes have hardened and are defending him.

For Derry the problems mount on Sunday, and the obstacles keep coming thereafter.

general_lee

They do have control, if they make the decision for him. They've seemingly decided to wing it. Poor form.

trailer

Quote from: God14 on May 12, 2023, 02:05:34 PM

Yeah im absolutely amazed they didnt do this. Its a tricky spot, unprecedented in GAA circles, but it clearly both the right thing to do, and the most straight forward way of handling the scenario. They are now actually self combusting as many supporters dont want him on the line, whereas others attitudes have hardened and are defending him.

For Derry the problems mount on Sunday, and the obstacles keep coming thereafter.

It is a case study in how not to handle this. Over the weekend I would fully expect things to intensify.

Milltown Row2

Derry by 5, Armagh had an easy route to the final, two poor teams
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mario

Usually people step aside following an arrest and pending the outcome of an investigation. There has been an investigation already carried out here and he wasn't charged, so how long does he step aside for?

Itchy

Gallagher is a volunteer on paper who gets "expenses". They can cut him loose at any time. He has no working contract.