Ulster Club Senior Hurling Championship 08

Started by Two Hands FFS, October 06, 2008, 06:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guillem2

Quote from: hardstation on October 12, 2008, 08:15:40 PM
Yes, the Pomeroy boys that were with John Devlin were dead on but thon shower of Down f**kers were cat.

From where I was standing it was a clear penalty if that's what you're on about.

Liatroim beat Castleblaney in the other IHC semi final. The final will be in 2 weeks because of the Gorts draw. That replay should be in Casement before the senior final on Sunday.

Johnnycool - surprised at the timing of your managers holiday. Did he not expect youse to get this far?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Whitehair

Ulster Junior Hurling Championship
Ballela 3.11 Setanta 4.16

Liatroim won their match by a goal in the Intermediate.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Guillem2 on October 13, 2008, 10:02:49 AM
Gort Na Mona and Carrickmore drew in the IHC. Replay next weekend.

Or apparently not - Irish News this morning had GNM complaining that the referee had miscounted the score and that they were appealing. The guestbook on the County Board (which as we all know keeps strictly control of what goes up there) has the Ulster Council accepting video evidence that GNM won by 2 and declaring them the winner!

Guillem2

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

the Liatroim team is a decent team and may beat them in the final

johnneycool

Quote from: Guillem2 on October 13, 2008, 12:39:13 PM

Johnnycool - surprised at the timing of your managers holiday. Did he not expect youse to get this far?

his holidays were planned to fit between the Down final and the Ulster final which was initially scheduled for the 26th of October.

At no point was a semi-final mentioned and then the final brought forward a week at the last minute without any agreement from either club.

Guillem2

Quote from: johnneycool on October 14, 2008, 10:35:28 AM
Quote from: Guillem2 on October 13, 2008, 12:39:13 PM

his holidays were planned to fit between the Down final and the Ulster final which was initially scheduled for the 26th of October.

At no point was a semi-final mentioned and then the final brought forward a week at the last minute without any agreement from either club.

Typical Ulster Council! If there's a way to feck up peoples plans they'll find it! Knowing how dedicated Gerard is I was surprised to here he was away.

Last Man

Laitrom are a decent intermediate team from what I saw of them last year, think they have a young lad Kearns who is a nephew of Dominic if I'm not mistaken. Forwards were decent and pacy to boot. Unless they have upped it a good few clicks, they won't work with the gorts. They will have to limit Nipper to have a chance.

johnneycool

Quote from: Last Man on October 14, 2008, 10:58:20 AM
Laitrom are a decent intermediate team from what I saw of them last year, think they have a young lad Kearns who is a nephew of Dominic if I'm not mistaken. Forwards were decent and pacy to boot. Unless they have upped it a good few clicks, they won't work with the gorts. They will have to limit Nipper to have a chance.

Liatroim have a smallish type team still relying on big Jerome to win ball for them but i'd be concerned they won't have sticky enough defenders to limit Sean Kelly and nipper Quinn who are both very left sided if my memory serves me well. I'd remember Sean from his rossa days where he'd catch with his right hand before trying to get onto his left. A decent hurler in his day.
An uphill battle for Liatroim but not impossible!

Is this game in Newry?

clootfromthe21

Johnny,

I know this should strictly speaking be in the local discussion section, but any Ards insight into the shock of the weekend - Cloughmills 3 16 Ballycran 3 16?!?!?

johnneycool

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on October 14, 2008, 12:15:39 PM
Johnny,

I know this should strictly speaking be in the local discussion section, but any Ards insight into the shock of the weekend - Cloughmills 3 16 Ballycran 3 16?!?!?

colonel Cool is a Ballycran man so he might be able to shed some light on it but I haven't heard any stories of weakened teams etc as you might hear.

maxpower

When did the Ulster Championship start, i know Ballycastle have a bucket load of Antrim titles.

What happens next????

johnneycool

Quote from: maxpower on October 14, 2008, 03:11:10 PM
When did the Ulster Championship start, i know Ballycastle have a bucket load of Antrim titles.

Must have been 1969 as there's been 38 won to date, I don't think any have been missed since.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: johnneycool on October 14, 2008, 03:43:29 PM
Quote from: maxpower on October 14, 2008, 03:11:10 PM

Must have been 1969 as there's been 38 won to date, I don't think any have been missed since.

Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties