Ulster Club Senior Hurling Championship 08

Started by Two Hands FFS, October 06, 2008, 06:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Not really the right thread but i see Adare of Limerick pulled off a bit of a shock beating Toomevara in the Munster Semi, De La Salle (Mullanes team) beat Sarsfields of Cork in the other semi. Cushendall to play the winner.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mr_t

Cheers MR! 

We expected more from Liatroim but its our current problem thats going to bite us in the bum.  We're too good for county and provincial intermediate and not good enough for senior... yet!

We're building a wee team here slowly and we've some seriously good hurlers coming through but as you probably know, that doesn't always equate to good teams.  NExt year will be a good challenge to see if our boys can raise their games.

UTG

milltown row

For starters Mr T youre going to have to get out of div 2. dog fight for starters. not sure if we will do as well as others expect, attitudes need changing in my club to win things.  Glenarrife are still a decent team and turned us over at milltown. raging about that one been a while and cost us the chance of staying up. Tir Na Og have been developing well and Rossa of course will take points off most of the teams.

i think if Gorts had a bigger pitch it would make them a better team, some fast players in your team and the open spaces of Casement helped your cause.

when you are in the intermedate in two years it will be more competitive.

oh as no one else here bothered to go, the goal that was disallowed for being a square ball, the Liatriom guy was no where near the square. even your own supporters seen that. 

mr_t

Cant comment on that one to be honest mate because i didn't see it.  I didn't mean to come across that we'd find division 2 easy.  I'm on record as saying it will be very tough and have went through all of the teams, i pointed out the fact that we hadn't beaten any of the teams around us bar clooney gaels in the league.  So i'm aware we're not the finished deal!!

Intermediate in two years? Hopefully not because our senior hurling work started about 8 years ago and the current crop who we have prepared for senior hurling are starting to bear fruit for us.  Will they be able to do it at senior, potentially but that will only come with experience!!

One way, we're promoting hurling the way it should be and hopefully we'll get the rewards sooner rather than later,but later will do rightly!

mr_t

By the way, goal or no goal, i dont think it would have made a difference.  I wished we had have had Carrickmore at casement!!

slow corner back

Well done to the Gorts and best of luck in England. Keep up the good work and you will soon be the top side in the city.

milltown row

Quote from: slow corner back on November 17, 2008, 10:01:37 PM
Well done to the Gorts and best of luck in England. Keep up the good work and you will soon be the top side in the city.

behave SCB ;)