All Ireland Qualifiers

Started by MoChara, June 22, 2015, 10:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 10, 2015, 10:33:03 PM
Is there anyone out there amazed at the stuff the Kilkenny lads get away with in games?

Yesterday, I counted numerous occurrences of Kilkenny players constantly slapping their opponents with the hurley, without a free being given.

Have the rules changes recently?
Same with chopping down on the stick of an opponent. The rule applied for Kilkenny games seems to be: as long as you get near the ball its OK.

Yip,
    I'm in agreement, the slaps, the tugs, the arms out, but the referees are in a no win situation, blow it and they're the worst in the world. Until someone bests Kilkenny at it, then there won't be a word about it.

Quote from: johnneycool on August 10, 2015, 05:04:37 PM

Progress for Waterford, but no system will work if the individual errors continue, but the pressure put on the man with the ball by Kilkenny, fair means or foul is something to behold.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on August 11, 2015, 08:25:11 AM
Is there anyone out there amazed at the stuff the Kilkenny lads get away with in games?

Yesterday, I counted numerous occurrences of Kilkenny players constantly slapping their opponents with the hurley, without a free being given.

Same with chopping down on the stick of an opponent. The rule applied for Kilkenny games seems to be: as long as you get near the ball its OK.

Yip,
    I'm in agreement, the slaps, the tugs, the arms out, but the referees are in a no win situation, blow it and they're the worst in the world. Until someone bests Kilkenny at it, then there won't be a word about it.

Quote from: johnneycool on August 10, 2015, 05:04:37 PM

Progress for Waterford, but no system will work if the individual errors continue, but the pressure put on the man with the ball by Kilkenny, fair means or foul is something to behold.

They aren't on their own, Tipp do also.... It's in the club games also. Pet hate of mine, when I blow for this foul when refereeing the players crack up!! They say its a mans game or that's a soft free!!! The min same player gets a slap he's gurnning like feck. Trying to get player sent off... It's a cheap dirty slap lazy foul by a player not fit or quick enough to make a decent attempt to play the ball
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manfromdelmonte

The new five second rule isn't being implemented at club level properly.
Why do they introduce rules without trialling them first?

finbar o tool

i think a lot of teams are at it to be fair, not just Kilkenny. and Kilkenny play with such intensity that it is interpreted as just that sometimes, intensity. 
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

INDIANA

I thought the opposite I thought the referee was very lenient on Waterford last Sunday. They committed numerous fouls that were never given. They are notorious for using the spare man to foul the man and getting away with it.

AZOffaly

I see Richie Hogan is calling for a revamp of the All Ireland/Qualifier structures. When a lad with a few All Irelands, from the best team ever, is saying it then you know something is off.

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2015, 10:14:20 AM
I see Richie Hogan is calling for a revamp of the All Ireland/Qualifier structures. When a lad with a few All Irelands, from the best team ever, is saying it then you know something is off.

Ah see poor Richie is an idealist, he's not the one looking to maintain their own wee empire in Leinster and more importantly Munster.

Whilst I've always loved going to Munster championship games (well not so much now with the back door) its a big money spinner for the Munster Council and the associated counties which would be somewhat diluted with open draws or AI round robin set ups, so you'll not see any of those 5 hurling counties voting for change. You can add in Kilkenny in Leinster as they're currently well served by a easy enough route to an AI semi, so I can't see change coming from within the hurling elite.