2012 county hurling championships

Started by joe bloggs, September 16, 2012, 01:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Good auld lineup there in fairness. Kildangan and Portroe would be surprise enough reps from the North I'd have thought? What happened Toomevara, Burgess, et al?

homeofhurling8

Kildangan opened a can of whup ass on Toome there at the weekend AZ, 10 points in it at the end, the end of an era for a lot of the Toome boys.

AZOffaly

Jaysus, I haven't been paying attention. I'm living in Newport now, but more interested in the underage set up, and Intermediate hurling :)

homeofhurling8

Careful now AZ, spend a bit more time in the land of milk and honey and you will be claiming Obama as a Tipp man ;)

If you need to know the words to our terrace chant, you know the one that goes "TIPP,TIPP,TIPP" give me  a shout ;)

If you see a lad wandering around with a dazzling new set of choppers and a pint of bacardi in his paw muttering about the fair in Shinrone send him back up to Paddy Kennedys, its his round,again. ;)

bp

Is that the one that goes ;

TIPP, TIPP, TIPP
TIPP the back of me ball icks ;D

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Derry Senior Final this Saturday- Banagher V Swatragh
Kevin Lynches failed to make final for first time in 10 years.
Swatragh going for first ever senior c'ship title against Banagher who have 3 titles last winning in 2005

joe bloggs

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 20, 2012, 05:22:49 PM
Swatragh going for first ever senior c'ship title against Banagher who have 3 titles last winning in 2005

Will it be a Banagher double in 2012 with Banagher in Derry and Banagher (St.Rynaghs) in Offaly.

that would surely bate banagher

Milltown Row2

Quote from: joe bloggs on September 20, 2012, 10:20:36 PM

Will it be a Banagher double in 2012 with Banagher in Derry and Banagher (St.Rynaghs) in Offaly.

Banagher in County football semi final also in Derry
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Who beat the Lynches and Lavey?

Antrim Coaster

Banagher beat Lynches with a last minute goal. Swatragh beat Lavey.

Colombia

Must be 20 years since Rynaghs won in Offaly. Diarmuid Horan looks a decent hurler alright.

Hard to see past the usual suspects Drom & Thurles Sarsfields in Tipp. Clonoulty won't have a full deck for Sunday, so it'd be difficult to envisage them toppling Drom. Anacarty might be the surprise packet yet.

Toome have been in decline for years, even thought they managed to win the title back in 2008. When I saw them trying to make a centre forward out of Terry Dunne a few years ago against Drom in th Stadium I knew they were bunched.

Absent

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 20, 2012, 03:16:49 PM
Jaysus, I haven't been paying attention. I'm living in Newport now, but more interested in the underage set up, and Intermediate hurling :)

Ah,give us a verse of Dear old Newport Town!

AZOffaly

Yeah you have to learn that alright with your visa application. Timmy Floyd gave a great rendition of it off the back of the ubiquitous lorry when the Newport/Ballinahinch girls came back from Croker with the AI Feile title.

joe bloggs

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2012, 11:08:06 PM
Quote from: joe bloggs on September 20, 2012, 10:20:36 PM

Banagher in County football semi final also in Derry

Rynaghs (Banagher) also playing in the Offaly Intermediate hurling final this weekend against Lusmagh.
They also already have the U21 championship in the bag

Absent

I suppose Kilmallock will be favourites down in Limerick against Adare after a great performance against Na Piarsaig although they conceeded a big score.