USFC 2020 Semi-Final Armagh v Donegal

Started by Orior, November 03, 2020, 12:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

See the game down fir Sky TV Saturday lunchtime. Any venues yet? Maybe they're waiting to see if a shower of rain is forecasted before considering Omagh?

armaghniac

Quote from: bennydorano on November 08, 2020, 01:06:42 PM
See the game down fir Sky TV Saturday lunchtime. Any venues yet? Maybe they're waiting to see if a shower of rain is forecasted before considering Omagh?

Forecast at present is for a fairly wet Friday and showers on Saturday, so it is an issue.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on November 08, 2020, 01:06:42 PM

Kingspan Breffni Pk...13:15 throw in and on SKY Sports mix
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Here lads was just wondering...Is Ethan Rafferty not with Armagh anymore. Never hear him mentioned anymore? Was thinking of a big lad for full forward for last 10 mins against Donegal and his name popped into my head but haven't heard him mentioned this long time
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

gortnaleck

Have a feeling Armagh might take Donegal, do'nt have any evidence just a gut feeling

lurganblue

Quote from: illdecide on November 08, 2020, 10:05:42 PM
Here lads was just wondering...Is Ethan Rafferty not with Armagh anymore. Never hear him mentioned anymore? Was thinking of a big lad for full forward for last 10 mins against Donegal and his name popped into my head but haven't heard him mentioned this long time

He was mentioned in the Gaelic Life article 2 weeks ago as being available for selection for the Derry game after returning from injury.  Didn't get a run out though.

smelmoth

Quote from: gortnaleck on November 09, 2020, 03:28:29 AM
Have a feeling Armagh might take Donegal, do'nt have any evidence just a gut feeling

Thanks for sharing

clarshack

Quote from: gortnaleck on November 09, 2020, 03:28:29 AM

If beating Tyrone was Donegal's All-Ireland final then yes Armagh might do it. They certainly have the players to trouble Donegal.

imtommygunn

The munster final yesterday showed us  it's knockout so anything is possible. Too many people writing Armagh off. Yes Donegal would be a better team but look at the time of year and it is a one off match. They're not favourites but have a decent chance.

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 09, 2020, 09:47:08 AM
The munster final yesterday showed us  it's knockout so anything is possible. Too many people writing Armagh off. Yes Donegal would be a better team but look at the time of year and it is a one off match. They're not favourites but have a decent chance.

But the Kerry result and to a lesser extent Cavan's difficulties with Antrim will only emphasise to Donegal not to be complacent, thereby reducing the prospect of a shock.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ethan Tremblay

The cork result has indeed blown the lid off the preconception that the script is going to go to plan in all 4 provinces.   

Armagh are on the way up, and Donegal are playing great football, so it has the makings of a good match.  The weather, and heavy pitches should suit Armagh as it did the last day, no nice bouncing balls into the Donegal forward line. 

I still maintain if Murphy plays on the edge of the square, Armagh's goose is cooked. 

Unsure of what is going on with Rafferty, I was told he was playing good football for his club team all year, but he would play in midfield/forward line, which Armagh seem to have a nice balance and is settled.  It would be nothing more than a substitute role for him until the year is done. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

imtommygunn

Quote from: armaghniac on November 09, 2020, 01:40:53 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 09, 2020, 09:47:08 AM

But the Kerry result and to a lesser extent Cavan's difficulties with Antrim will only emphasise to Donegal not to be complacent, thereby reducing the prospect of a shock.

Armagh are probably closer to donegal than cork are to kerry I'd have thought.

Also conditions play a massive role in these things. Who knows what the conditions will be like or who'll adapt better.

bennydorano

I'd be keener to see Murnin get a run out in FF before Rafferty tbh, any word on him?

Main Street

Langer inspired?    but the cup doth overflow with an abundance of  optimism for Armagh's chances.

lurganblue

Quote from: bennydorano on November 09, 2020, 03:35:42 PM
I'd be keener to see Murnin get a run out in FF before Rafferty tbh, any word on him?

He was also listed as available in GL before the Derry game.