Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: sid waddell on November 28, 2020, 02:01:59 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 28, 2020, 01:50:31 PM
If the pictures are to believed the funeral director who took
Selfies while preparing his body has been beaten to death by ultras.
There have been rumours of this since last night but I think it is not true, I haven't seen anything to indicate it is, from what I can make out he has turned himself in to police

Hope so. I got sent grim pics at someone being fished out of a bin. The selfie's with the body a sad indictment of today's society!

Tony Baloney

pbat

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

seafoid

Valéry Giscard d'Estaing, former president of France
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: seafoid on December 03, 2020, 08:08:25 AM

Pat Patterson of WWE fame. First intercontinental champion and inventer of the Royal rumble.

smelmoth

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 03, 2020, 08:30:19 AM
Quote from: seafoid on December 03, 2020, 08:08:25 AM

Pat Patterson of WWE fame. First intercontinental champion and inventer of the Royal rumble.

Christ the man isn't long dead and you are throwing that at him??

He probably did good things in his life as well.

Let him rest

The Boy Wonder

https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2020/1203/1182183-kerry-cycling-paudie-fitzgerald/

RIP Paudie Fitzgerald - fascinating story about the protest at 1956 Melbourne Olympics.

Another hardy and colourful Kerry cyclist died some years back
https://www.rte.ie/sport/cycling/2015/0911/727279-iron-man-mick-murphy-dies/

Tony Baloney

Peter Alliss. Not surprising from the sound of his voice on the BBC Madters coverage a few weeks ago. His voice was hardly recognisable.

balladmaker

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 06, 2020, 11:31:52 AM
Peter Alliss. Not surprising from the sound of his voice on the BBC Madters coverage a few weeks ago. His voice was hardly recognisable.

I noticed the same, that distinctive voice of golf was no longer recognisable.  RIP.

mouview

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 06, 2020, 11:31:52 AM

He looked like death warmed up in that preview. I'd say the Beeb were terrified in recent years to put him anywhere near a mic. You'd never know what he was going to come out with next in these PC times.

sid waddell

Alliss was a wonderful old school commentator, the last of them, he had the gravitas and he had the humour, he was a storyteller, which is exactly what you want with a sport like golf which takes a long time

Haven't really bothered with the British Open since BBC lost the live coverage and won't be that bothered with the US Masters in future, his commentaries made the whole thing

Some people didn't like his humour but I loved it, it was essentially harmless, and it was genuinely funny

Give me that over the corporate snoozefest of Paul McGinley and the Sky coverage any day

Alliss, Alex Hay and Dave Marr were a great team

The newer generation of commentators across all sports just don't have it, Eddie Butler in rugby is the only one I can think of whose voice enhances a match or an event

thewobbler

I adored Allis' commentary. For most of us, golf is a social pursuit, an opportunity to create and facilitate gentle entertainment, and that's how he commentated.

There is of course room in golf coverage to analyse Brooks Koepka's swing to death. But a person who gains genuine joy from anyone enjoying slice of luck, and can simply enjoy the surroundings when there's not much else going on, well to me, that's the inner secret to golf. And he epitomised it.

BennyCake

Quote from: pbat on November 29, 2020, 05:49:12 PM
Papa Bouba Diop 42

Just heard today Diop had Motor Neurone Disease.

Denn Forever

40 years ago John Lennon murdered.  How time flies.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...