Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

If you follow the conversation here youll see that no one on here indicated that there was a doubt about the participation of Jamie or Pat.

bannside

Tiernan McCormack seems to be consistently catching the eye. I know this management team think he is top drawer. We are crying out for a couple of marquee forwards to emerge to wear the senior jersey in a couple of years. Hopefully they are in the system somewhere.

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on May 15, 2022, 11:57:31 AM
If you follow the conversation here youll see that no one on here indicated that there was a doubt about the participation of Jamie or Pat.
And the doubt concerning the availability of the o the three emanates from....?
Tomas with 6 kids all under 10 maybe has other commitments, but the is no questioning the availability of the other two, James and Mick....and indeed their services to club and county  and whispered remarks on favouritism since Enda took the reins is not worth comment.

Sin e.....
Quote from: bannside on May 15, 2022, 12:23:24 PM
Tiernan McCormack seems to be consistently catching the eye. I know this management team think he is top drawer. We are crying out for a couple of marquee forwards to emerge to wear the senior jersey in a couple of years. Hopefully they are in the system somewhere.

bannside

It emanated from posters on here previously. You'll notice I said that I expected them to be available.

If Tomas calls it a day that's his prerogative. As it is with the others who didn't commit or decided to step away. The show must go on.

bannside

As expected Rossa made life difficult for us at the Shaw's Rd and deservedly hung on for the points. A few other interesting results, performances from Ahoghill and a St Galls team that some people were doing their best to write off. Shows that most teams are capable of matching each other on any given day...no super teams around anymore.

EOC1923

The ports maybe showing what a lot of people said, trained like mad over the winter now everyone else has caught up, the defeats have started.
Who wrote off St Galls, they were excellent today and deserved to win actually. Pollock and Niall O Neill the only 2 of old, the rest very young and plenty of good footballers.

country bumpkin

Think BS has got to come to terms with the fact this is the league and only for warming up to events in the real world.

St Gall's reached the final of the under 20 championship last year and such would be an approved route of travel for most clubs if they aspire to better.
Think, maybe success in minor or u20/21 is requirement if you are to contemplate senior success...perhaps I am wrong?

bannside

They're coming out of the woodwork now. Go ahead, knock yourselves out.

paddyjohn

Big win for Glenravel in Div2. Cassidy has them motoring. Ardoyne winning 5 on the bounce also.

bannside

Some win surely Paddyjohn, got the momentum going nicely there, hitting big scores too. Division 2 hitting up nicely, still think Moneyglass will finish top but lots of teams taking points off each other. Ballymena putting a few wins together now too. Could be interesting. Dunloy would fear no one with a full team either. All to play for.

Lár na páirce 1

Scraped a draw against a slick St galls ,they probably deserved a victory for their efforts.
If they play like that in the championship group they will make life difficult for anyone even the mighty Creggan men with their championship rings 🙂

bannside

Carrick on Shannon it is.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on May 16, 2022, 07:44:16 AM
Some win surely Paddyjohn, got the momentum going nicely there, hitting big scores too. Division 2 hitting up nicely, still think Moneyglass will finish top but lots of teams taking points off each other. Ballymena putting a few wins together now too. Could be interesting. Dunloy would fear no one with a full team either. All to play for.

Was up at Rasharkin v Aldergrove yesterday, a nip and tuck game all the way and only for a couple of miss passes in the back line that lead to two goals Aldergrove could have won that one, but ya got to take your chances and Rasharkin did that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: bannside on May 16, 2022, 08:46:34 AM
Carrick on Shannon it is.

That's a good draw. (Leitrim will feel that too).

I was worried we'd get Cavan again.

Division 2 very erratic this year. I would expect the likes of Ballymena to step up a bit now - they have McAleer and Stewart playing which should be a big plus.

Tyrdub

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 15, 2022, 09:07:10 PM
Big win for Glenravel in Div2. Cassidy has them motoring. Ardoyne winning 5 on the bounce also.

Ant that's with Eamonn Fyfe well marshalled, hardly got a look in.

TBH I think he is one guy the management could look at bringing on to the county panel