Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on May 12, 2022, 03:56:45 PM
Speaking to a St Paul's man there at work and it seems they feel very sore at last night's result, they feel they did not stand a chance with the official last night, the game wasn't even 60/40 in decisions more like 80/20...............................

Quote from: bannside on May 12, 2022, 07:41:16 AM
Glenravel coming strong and supplying lots of players to county development squads and under 17s and 20s. Their club juvenile teams flying too, yet another SW club on a very definite progress curve. Going to get stronger now year on year too.

The Ardoyne result is a real head scratcher. Fair play to them, let's them see that glimpse of potential that they can aim to deliver on more consistent basis. Division two is really competitive this year.

I love the ... was speaking to a man who was blah blah blah. Look at the score line first. I'd say this problem harps back to the minor final.

Some people hold a grudge some people wise up
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 12, 2022, 05:48:18 PM
Quote from: Would ye whist on May 12, 2022, 03:56:45 PM
Speaking to a St Paul's man there at work and it seems they feel very sore at last night's result, they feel they did not stand a chance with the official last night, the game wasn't even 60/40 in decisions more like 80/20...............................

Quote from: bannside on May 12, 2022, 07:41:16 AM
Glenravel coming strong and supplying lots of players to county development squads and under 17s and 20s. Their club juvenile teams flying too, yet another SW club on a very definite progress curve. Going to get stronger now year on year too.

The Ardoyne result is a real head scratcher. Fair play to them, let's them see that glimpse of potential that they can aim to deliver on more consistent basis. Division two is really competitive this year.

I love the ... was speaking to a man who was blah blah blah. Look at the score line first. I'd say this problem harps back to the minor final.

Some people hold a grudge some people wise up

I also was talking to a man who said St Pauls were absolute rubbish and were lucky to score 3 points. 🤷‍♂️

rogercasement

As some of you may know I wouldn't be a big fan of our refs, dome more than others :P but to suggest an official was at fault for a 16 point defeat, wtf???? Think the problem lies closer to home!! Also great to see a portglenone man pulling the strings for Glenravel, even though he will be due a bus pass soon.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on May 12, 2022, 08:24:31 PM
As some of you may know I wouldn't be a big fan of our refs, dome more than others :P but to suggest an official was at fault for a 16 point defeat, wtf???? Think the problem lies closer to home!! Also great to see a portglenone man pulling the strings for Glenravel, even though he will be due a bus pass soon.

That's good info Roger casements the lads will be well happy with your criticism throughout the year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rogercasement

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 12, 2022, 08:28:02 PM

That's good info Roger casements the lads will be well happy with your criticism throughout the year

And there's your answer

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on May 12, 2022, 08:30:24 PM

And there's your answer

Ah, it's ok for you to give abuse online but not ok to pull you on it? You're a right dose

paddyjohn

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on May 12, 2022, 05:45:40 PM
Quote from: bannside on May 12, 2022, 08:42:59 AM
Of course every county will ship a few players who upon reflection arnt sitting as high in the managers pecking order as they would like. Antrim won't be only county in this position.

Your sentiments are noble EOC, but in real world there is a massive committment level involved and if you aren't seeing much (or in Eunans case any) game time, then I can understand why that player would want to transfer that committment level to their club.

To emphasise that point I ask you do you think Mick Tomas or James would be hanging around to play Tailltean Cup this year if they hadn't featured in the recent championship contest. We all know the answer is either definitely not, or extremely doubtful.

Won't be any Mick or Tomas from what I'm hearing and James possibly also,let's see how it plays out I guess watch this space 🤔

James has 2 young kids and his wife is expecting again so that may play a part.

rogercasement

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 12, 2022, 08:39:49 PM
Quote from: rogercasement on May 12, 2022, 08:30:24 PM

And there's your answer

Ah, it's ok for you to give abuse online but not ok to pull you on it? You're a right dose

Sorry who have I abused online?

Milltown Row2

Undoubtedly the worst refereeing performance ever seen!

Speaking of referees, no coincidence that the man who caused mayhem in the first pg1 and ahoghill game hasn't refereed in senior championship since!

Don't get me started on that other clown if he is on the line!

Woeful, he was bullied! Paddy Cunningham refereed the match!

Can I end by saying I fully respect referees to the point where I feel they might be a little narcissistic, why would anyone want to do that!!

Yer man against Ahoghill in my opinion was so far out of his depth it was unreal as for Sunday past I genuinely believe it was barefaced bias towards a city side

I criticise Sean's refereeing ability, I think he is by some distance the best in Antrim. I was just saying he seemed to be getting it tight physically last night.

Sean Laverty looks seriously unfit!!!!

rogercasement

The irony is MR2 I was defending a referee!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on May 12, 2022, 10:09:41 PM
The irony is MR2 I was defending a referee!

If that small selection of your comments are defending I wouldn't like to see you other ones..

rogercasement

I've just listened to Kevin Brady on the BBC GAA social podcast, discussing message boards and mental health, made me think!!! As a result I'm outta here, up the Casements!!

Would ye whist

It would seem RC's comments are aimed at 2 refs who overseen defeats for PG1 in the championship last year? course his judgment would not have been clouded by bias

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on May 12, 2022, 10:20:23 PM
It would seem RC's comments are aimed at 2 refs who overseen defeats for PG1 in the championship last year? course his judgment would not have been clouded by bias

That was just a selective few, there are more.. but anyways he's a grand lad

bannside

I'd say that Cargin trio will all be available for selection. Loyalty is a two way street and those three have been given serious game time over the last two years, so shouldn't have any axe to grind with management.