The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Paul Flynn is a  great cure for insomnia.  When he speaks , I find myself vdrifting off

From the Bunker

The product (inter-county Football) has gone underground for the armchair spectator that is! I've got so used to Football not being on terrestrial TV that  I completely forgot TSG was on this evening.

shantygael

Not often I agree with you but plus 1
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

GJL

Quote from: screenexile on May 15, 2023, 11:06:24 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 15, 2023, 10:57:14 AM
Quote from: Decod89 on May 15, 2023, 10:55:58 AM
The two lads last night came to the conclusion that Tyrone are the strongest Ulster team left in the AI series.
The same Tyrone team that have won one championship game since 2021 and were beaten by both Derry and Armagh last year.
I doubt there would be much between any of those 3 teams.

Except the 6 points you beat them by last year in the Championship and the 11 Derry did!

One from the two dispatched yesterday. Maybe the lads on TSG weren't that far wrong. 🤔

mad tan

Commentator said Louth got the equaliser with their last point against Mayo. They corrected himself, they edited out of the Sunday game last night. Camera work not great for Tailteann Cup games also need to play games at smaller grounds. Looks dreadful to see  stands with rows of seats and no one seating in them.

seafoid

Quote from: sensini on May 18, 2023, 11:31:00 PM
1. TSG gone to the dogs.
2. TSG never show our county
3. TSG has a hurling bias
TSG eternal
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

square_ball

Sunday Game not even showing the crucial moment in the Tyrone-Westmeath match with the Heslin free. A kick which would have sent Westmeath through and Tyrone out on their asses.

From the Bunker

Quote from: square_ball on June 18, 2023, 10:14:04 PM
Sunday Game not even showing the crucial moment in the Tyrone-Westmeath match with the Heslin free. A kick which would have sent Westmeath through and Tyrone out on their asses.

Yeah, was wondering what Dessie Dolan was on about, when he talked of missed frees!

yellowcard

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 18, 2023, 10:17:33 PM
Quote from: square_ball on June 18, 2023, 10:14:04 PM

Yeah, was wondering what Dessie Dolan was on about, when he talked of missed frees!

Totally bizarre not to show that free kick.

Mikhailov

Eventually they show the free kick in the post game analysis. However, absolutely no mention of the crazy decision to not award a black card and penalty for the cynical pull down on Kilpatrick

I am aware the referee claimed it was a high tackle rather than a pull down (so not a black card offence!!!) but it was still a penalty as the defender was last man

TSG has gone to the dogs....now not worthwhile watching. Better watching golf on Sunday nights or MOTD during soccer season

restorepride

Or the tackle on Conor Glass.

square_ball

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 18, 2023, 10:51:02 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on June 18, 2023, 10:47:36 PM
Eventually they show the free kick in the post game analysis. However, absolutely no mention of the crazy decision to not award a black card and penalty for the cynical pull down on Kilpatrick

I am aware the referee claimed it was a high tackle rather than a pull down (so not a black card offence!!!) but it was still a penalty as the defender was last man

TSG has gone to the dogs....now not worthwhile watching. Better watching golf on Sunday nights or MOTD during soccer season
Is that a rule?

No it's not. I doubt he's been watching too much MOTD.

Mikhailov

It is the rule if it is a goal scoring opportunity and it certainly was.

Sure Kerry got a penalty 2 weeks ago and it wasn't as clear cut a goal opportunity as this one, but sure Kerry play the beautiful game so they deserve it

Both Mark O'Se and Paddy Andrews both commented on GAAGO that it was a blatant black card and a 100% penalty

square_ball

Quote from: Mikhailov on June 18, 2023, 10:59:12 PM
It is the rule if it is a goal scoring opportunity and it certainly was.

Sure Kerry got a penalty 2 weeks ago and it wasn't as clear cut a goal opportunity as this one, but sure Kerry play the beautiful game so they deserve it

Both Mark O'Se and Paddy Andrews both commented on GAAGO that it was a blatant black card and a 100% penalty

You have suggested it should be a penalty because he was last man which there is no mention of in the rule book.

As Duine says above it has to be a black card offence. It's cynical as hell and obviously denying a goal scoring chance. I'd suggest it's a failure of the rules that it doesn't allow any sort of foul denying a goal scoring chance to be turned into a penalty.

yellowcard

It was a high tackle and a yellow card so the referee made the correct call.