11 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

JoG2

Quote from: Mario on April 30, 2023, 04:00:54 PM
Quote from: grounded on April 30, 2023, 02:47:06 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on April 29, 2023, 10:07:57 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 29, 2023, 10:02:11 PM
Quote from: OakLeaf on April 29, 2023, 09:09:06 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 29, 2023, 08:53:49 PMWe should put Rian, Murnin and maybe even Ethan Raff on the Derry penalty spot. So suspect.

Probably best worry about Down first.
If you're worrying about them you've no business in Sam, be as well going to the Tailteann. (Watch me with egg on my face tomorrow now ffs)

Maybe just have a smidgen of respect?

Good showing today in HP. Our half back line were on fire throughout I thought. Glass and BR superb in the middle. Shane excellent and Cluckey with a goal. A superb team performance., you can see those boys love playing for the shirt, the workrate is immense.

Clones again in 2 weeks, hard to beat.

I definitely thought Monaghan would run you closer. Derry didn't give them a sniff. Seem to be more potent in attack and operating at a different level than last year. I still think you would struggle to beat Kerry or Dublin, but you are far closer than I thought and would really trouble them on your day.

We've already beat Dublin

Indeed. Out of Mayo (Croke Pk edition), Galway, Dublin and Kerry, strange as it may sound, but I think Derry match up best against Kerry. That's in no way saying we would beat them, still a work in progress.

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on April 30, 2023, 03:42:15 PM
Tyrone would have given Derry a better game.

No they wouldn't have NotSouthDublinBro

ClubScene13

Good man Jo.
4-1 and you'll not take it up the road with yous this year either.

Estimator

Was going to start a new thread, but might as well just recycle this one. - tbrick can change the title.

Result will probably depend on how much Monaghan have learned from the last day and how much of an impact the returning McAnespie will have on the Monaghan team?

McFaul will probably start on Saturday in place of Heron, can't see any other changes to the starting lineup from the Ulster Final.
Ulster League Champions 2009

tbrick18

Quote from: Estimator on May 22, 2023, 12:28:30 PM
Was going to start a new thread, but might as well just recycle this one. - tbrick can change the title.

Result will probably depend on how much Monaghan have learned from the last day and how much of an impact the returning McAnespie will have on the Monaghan team?

McFaul will probably start on Saturday in place of Heron, can't see any other changes to the starting lineup from the Ulster Final.

Also how will Derry adapt to "new" management.
Could certainly see McFaul starting.

Monaghan will love to have a chance to get back at Derry, especially now they have back to back Ulster Championships.
It's hard to see how Derry in particular prepare for this game, the hype of ulster followed by the first of 3 group games. I really question the concept.

A better option for me would be that Provincial winners go straight into the quarters, with the remaining 4 places coming from the winners of 4 groups of 3. You'd probably still have Kerry/Dublin in the quarters every year but that will likely happen anyway.

The group games would have more bite, it would give some real tangible meaning to winning the province.

Anyway back to the game, if Derry can maintain the focus and play to their ability then we should win by 5-6 points.

Wildweasel74

Derry can't keep repeatly playing the same team because they are winning, there are some obvious issues up front we wouldn't address to we lose a game, and at this stage of the year come knockout that be too late. We done well to beat Armagh cause on review of the game, we played poor enough, but still won.

bennydorano

Point of order, Derry beat no one, they won a penalty shoot out.

restorepride

Quote from: bennydorano on May 22, 2023, 01:44:38 PM
Your point of order is out of order! Beat the Armagh keeper 4 times.

Sonny Joe

I'm stupid enough for biting, but Derry won explaining why they were awarded the Cup.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

bennydorano

Not contesting the outcome of the game, Derry and Armagh drew the football match, Derry won the penalty shoot out and won the cup.

armaghniac

Quote from: restorepride on May 22, 2023, 01:52:12 PM
Your point of order is out of order! Beat the Armagh keeper 4 times.

So you beat one player, that is not the Armagh team, you know.
Bennydorano's point is spot on.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

HiMucker

Quote from: bennydorano on May 22, 2023, 02:58:00 PM
Not contesting the outcome of the game, Derry and Armagh drew the football match, Derry won the penalty shoot out and won the cup by beating Armagh
fixed that

bennydorano

Don't know if it's just me but I think that while that loss will obviously sting the fact we weren't 'beaten' means the psychological recovery shouldn't be as bad as an outright defeat (could be wrong and it could be worse!).  A win v Westmeath should steady the ship, I can't for a second think we would underestimate them.
I posted this on the Sunday night after the match. I firmly believe it. The game itself was a draw, Derry won the penalty shoot out and lifted the Cup, nobody is denying that Derry's name is etched on the Anglo Celt. Felt the same after the Galway game last year, we should have progressed more than we have unfortunately.

Sonny Joe

Have you played?, whether you got beat after normal or extra time or penalties, as a player it will feel the same. Defeat is defeat. If you don't get it you haven't been there as a player
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

bennydorano

Off course it stings but it's what you want to take from it. Sports Pyschology 101.