16 (61.5%)
please stop picking on me
3 (11.5%)
you'll never use a keyboard again
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

passedit

QuoteQuote from: Evil Genius on Today at 01:04:22 PM
and certainly not enough to run to the Mods to "tout" you, as certain individuals on this Board are wont to do  Roll Eyes
Off topic I know, but is there a function on here to see who reports what to the mods?
I see a few people have made comments like the above.

Just interested, I've been acccused myself previously of running to the mods on occasions where I actaully didnt.
Was just curious.

As some of you may have gathered i'm not a great fan of the current rule based regime however i'll concede that there are times when some moderation is needed. I've often wondered however,at the motivation of the 'reporters' of rule infractions (not just on this board btw) and thought it might be an idea to encourage them to make public their reasons for doing so on a designated thread. Equally there will always be the sneaky snitch so those who have been officially warned could post a mea culpa and see if anyone is willing to claim the bust.

Practically I could see it working like this:

Say i was to report Mike Sheehy2 to the mods, i would then come on this thread and state his being from Kerry as a valid reason.
Equally if i was to report him and stayed schtum he could post here that he had been reprimanded and invite his accuser to make his identity and reasoning public. then everyone could throw in their tuppence worth and maybe settle a few scores without getting banned etc etc. 
Don't Panic

his holiness nb

I see what you mean. But the Mods, when warning or banning you, are very clear as to exactly why you have been banned.

It would help clear peoples names I suppose, as Snowed Under (on another thread) seems to take exception with my comment that I have been accused of reporting people when in fact I havent.

I think theres a certain schoolyard bully mentality in some parts of the board when people are ridiculed for reporting certain posts. Bear in mind the mods are depending on people to do exactly this to save them from trawling through every single post.
I have reported certain posts I thought were out of order, and dont give a f**k if I am called a "snitch". At the same time I have been accused of reporting people when in fact I havent.

A tricky one.
Ask me holy bollix

pintsofguinness

Ive reported people, I'd rather stand up for myself but if I'm not allowed to give shit I ain't taking any. 

I think I'm quite public about it though.

Either way, I'm not sorry.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

his holiness nb

I just reported TBT for personal abuse.

I'll actually use this thread to clarify who I do and dont report, as some people seem to presume I have reported them when its not the case.

Would "you are obviously an imbicile unable to comprehend basic fact" count as personal abuse? I cant see how its not.
No smart comments about it being true  ;)

I agree with Pints, you can either give it back and get reported yourself, accept it and stay quiet (hardly fair) or report the offending comment.
Ask me holy bollix

passedit

Perhaps we could use this thread for advice BEFORE we snitch report. For example I'm on the horns of a dilemma with the following post from Hardstation

QuoteQuote from: T Fearon on Today at 04:57:35 PM
For a similar dramatic irony effect as last year, surely the protestors should all be wearing crowns and holding their corgis on leads etc Huh
And be riding members of their own family.

Now this obviously breaches rule 2

Quote2. Libellous/insulting posts about a real person
   In this day and age, many more people are becoming aware of the existance of boards such as this. While this is generally a good thing, it also means that the posts are
   more likely to be read by a casual visitor to the site. In these circumstances, the board must protect itself against allegations of libel, or defamation and so any posts
   which make derogatory remarks about a named, or clearly implied, individual, are a serious breach of the rules, and dangerous to the board itself. This particularly applies
   to individuals' private lives, finances, legal issues etc etc. This also applies to unwarranted abuse of GAA players and officials.

Penalties - 1st Offence - Warning, Second Offence  - 5 Day Ban, Third Offence - Permanent Ban

but I'm wondering if there is a specific incest pressure group who could sue the board for the distress caused by linking them to the Royal Family?

Obviously the next post on that thread from Tony is fine
QuoteGrin and arranging the deaths of their daughters in law as well Grin
as we all know that to be the truth.
Don't Panic

pintsofguinness

I'm on a rule 2 warning when half the board break rule 2 every day. 

:-\

ziggysego

Is my warning up yet? I'm itching to say something to someone...... ;)
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ziggysego on February 21, 2008, 08:56:53 PM
Is my warning up yet? I'm itching to say something to someone...... ;)

What were you on a warning for?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Gaaboardmod3

Quote from: 5iveTimes on February 21, 2008, 07:01:21 PM
Could the Moderators confirm if I am allowed to comment on this thread ?

This thread, albeit another interesting sociological experiment by passedit ;D, is subject to the same rules and regulations as every other thread. Personal abuse or insults, Rule 9 warnings, etc etc, all *still* apply in here, and any rule breaches in here will be treated as if they were in any other thread.

That said, I don't believe you are banned from posting in any thread, per se, you are simply under a Rule 9 warning with regard to another poster, as well as a Rule 1 warning for personal abuse. If you are not sure what those rules stop you from doing, have a quick look at them before you post here.

Cheers.

Puckoon

Quote from: 5iveTimes on February 21, 2008, 09:24:17 PM
I made a comment on the board on Sunday and some posters thought that comment was about the poster that I am not allowed to mention. Immediately after I made the comment* another poster quoted the post and replied to it, so that it would be there for the mods to see in the event that I decided to delete the post.
It is sad that the board has become a haven for touts and bitches who seem to want to tell tales on everyone to score brownie points for themselves. What they dont seem to realise is that no one likes a tell tale, they are the lowest of the low. In an ironic twist of fate the same poster was looking for tickets for an upcoming event in Croke Park, if he hadnt been so quick to tell tales he would have been offered a couple of tickets as I wont be using them. It seems that there is a little gang of bitches gathering round one poster in particular. What is it they say about birds of a feather?

*I would just like to clear one thing up. The post I made on Sunday was not directed at any particular individual. Lets be honest there are quite a few fat, manic depressives in South Armagh.

5ive Times, Being one of the only posters I have noticed putting out feelers for tickets, I can only assume you are refering to me.

I openly invite the moderators to post a list of any topics I have ever reported. I reported a comment about Brian McGuigan I think way back about 5 months ago. Like you alluded to in a pm to me (the contents of which are still and will be respected) once I had a problem with your thanksgiving post, and I pmed you and we sorted it out respectfully.  I did ask Mod1 to delete the John Mangan thread as he had locked it. Bottom line, end of story.

If you think that I have ever had anything to do with your bannings, warnings and the like - the delusion is yours. That is not my MO.

I ask you to pm the moderators if they do not respond to my open invitation and find out these facts for yourself. I take as a personal insult what you have written here alluding to me, yet still I am not reporting the post.

Puckoon

Quote--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: 5iveTimes on February 17, 2008, 07:26:04 PM
Yes Gabriel, but the point I am trying to make is that there is no need for the non GAA section.
Maybe then the posters who sit here hour after hour at the weekends would find something else to do. Maybe www.weightwatchers.ie or www.ihateeveryonefromcross.com or Yahoo chat or whatever floats their boat, but I think its strange that some of the most prominent posters on the GAA Board, dont seem to attend GAA games.

Some of us would give our left arm to have the privilege of watching club and county week in week out. Some of us would love to even get to train and play a little. Unfortunately there are some, for whom the commute would be a right bitch and with the price of petrol not worth it. It might not be necessary to some, but some people obviously enjoy this side of the board.

Its like any other thread/section/post. If you dont like it leave it to the side of your plate. 

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 11:30:37 PM by Puckoon »  Report to moderator    75.54.120.79 

I think this is the post you refer to. I wasn't even thinking about highlighting the contents of that post that allude to I hate cross, or weight watchers or whatever. I was highlighting the fact that some people cant attend Gaelic Games.

Heres another question, why am I even determined to defend myself when it is plain to see for all and sundry that what I did was completely inncouous.

Serioulsy, if there is a problem - why wouldnt you pm me?

stew

Quote from: 5iveTimes on February 21, 2008, 07:01:21 PM
Could the Moderators confirm if I am allowed to comment on this thread ?

Here fivetimes, I hear you were spotted drinking in the bridge there a few weeks ago? I hope you were there for the craic and not looking for board members to bate!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Puckoon

Quote from: 5iveTimes on February 21, 2008, 09:55:18 PM
Quote from: stew on February 21, 2008, 09:49:53 PM
Here fivetimes, I hear you were spotted drinking in the bridge there a few weeks ago? I hope you were there for the craic and not looking for board members to bate!

Sorry to disappoint you Stew, but I dont drink.

Puckoon, maybe I picked your post up wrong and if I did I apologise, but as I saw it you were highlighting the post on behalf of your buddy.

You did pick it up wrong, which is fine, if you were pissed off about the banning and so on. I appreciate the apology, maybe you can remove the lines that make me look like a schoolgirl telling tales and the whole drama can get put to bed.

Pints gets himself into, and out of enough scrapes without help from me or anyone else. There are people who trawl the board reporting posts, Ive alluded to them in the past. I am not one of them.

passedit

QuoteThis thread, albeit another interesting sociological experiment by passedit Grin, is subject to the same rules and regulations as every other thread. Personal abuse or insults, Rule 9 warnings, etc etc, all *still* apply in here, and any rule breaches in here will be treated as if they were in any other thread.

I do my best mod. ;)  I already consider this thread a success with the Rapprochement of 5times and Puckoon but I'll continue to strive for world peace.

To continue the well worn analogy of the virtual pub, the aggrieved poster can come here to shout 'oi did you call my pint a woman'***, to which the object of their ire could respond with' I'm sorry old chap, i was merely remarking on your educated choice of ale'. All friends again. Or if it turns nasty other posters can join in with a few ' Leave him Kev he's not worth it' s. Problem sorted. Either way Mod3 gets more quality time eating out with the family, everyone's a winner.

*** Disclaimer.....this is a well worn fight starting tactic where i come from and any resemblance to any person living, dead or virtual is purely coincidental.
Don't Panic