Na Gardaí

Started by 118cmal, November 24, 2008, 03:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

I think the 40 years is mandatory.
Of course they could make the robbery one consecutive.
Seems there was a serious amount of witness intimidation.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rodney trotter

All those ATM robberies that have happened in the past few years could have possible links too. They arrested a fella from the same area as Brady, after the Virginia ATM robbery last year.

general_lee

He'll probably appeal. I don't think he can do anything regarding a plea bargain. the guards have their shooter so can't imagine they've any real incentive to offer him anything to try and get the accomplices who they'll probably nail at some stage regardless

Never beat the deeler

A true sc**bag.
Don't use the term very often, but I read that article the other day and the thought of him larging it up in NY boasting about being a cop killer boils my blood.
Hasta la victoria siempre

gallsman

Are we allowed bring up the fact that Tony McEntee, as Cross senior manager, gave a character reference for him three years ago over the 2011 car ramming incidents in Dundalk? Surely the dogs in in the street in South Armagh and north Louth knew the guys involved, never mind that that were suspects.

Feels like he's the sort of bad little bastard that would have been put down 30 years ago.

armaghniac

Quote from: gallsman on August 14, 2020, 10:55:15 AM
Are we allowed bring up the fact that Tony McEntee, as Cross senior manager, gave a character reference for him three years ago over the 2011 car ramming incidents in Dundalk? Surely the dogs in in the street in South Armagh and north Louth knew the guys involved, never mind that that were suspects.

Feels like he's the sort of bad little bastard that would have been put down 30 years ago.

We went through all this before in relation to Mickey Harte. It is appropriate for any manager to state the the truth about any individual as they know it from their work. It is as inappropriate to refuse to state the truth about someone's sporting activity because you think they are a bollix as it is to refuse to give evidence about someone because you think they are decent skin.

If I state "Gallsman made some interesting points about football training on GAABoard" this does not mean that I don't think you are a bollix, albeit one with knowledge of football.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gallsman

Quote from: armaghniac on August 14, 2020, 11:40:20 AM
Quote from: gallsman on August 14, 2020, 10:55:15 AM

We went through all this before in relation to Mickey Harte. It is appropriate for any manager to state the the truth about any individual as they know it from their work. It is as inappropriate to refuse to state the truth about someone's sporting activity because you think they are a bollix as it is to refuse to give evidence about someone because you think they are decent skin.

If I state "Gallsman made some interesting points about football training on GAABoard" this does not mean that I don't think you are a bollix, albeit one with knowledge of football.
I'm fully aware we've been through it before. That doesn't mean we shouldn't go through it again. The option of refusing to give a reference always exists, albeit obviously I can never appreciate what it must be like in a community as closely knit as Cross and the pressures that exist within to knowingly refuse to back "one of your own".

Rossfan

Did ye see the "dangerous driving"  footage of the sc**bag on Prime Time last night?
Had a second go at the taxi and drove off with middle finger raised back at taxi driver, then went into a parked car driving off on 2 wheels and rammed a squad car after.

I hope his parents are proud of him......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Opinions clearly differ on this, I think that if courts continue to allow references then people should just tell the truth.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gallsman

Did McEntee really believe him to be "reliable and trustworthy"? More fool him if so.

five points

Quote from: gallsman on August 14, 2020, 12:48:30 PM
Did McEntee really believe him to be "reliable and trustworthy"? More fool him if so.

I think it was someone else who said that, but I'm open to correction.

Itchy

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on August 14, 2020, 04:38:14 AM
A true sc**bag.
Don't use the term very often, but I read that article the other day and the thought of him larging it up in NY boasting about being a cop killer boils my blood.

Obviously a complete moron to boot, probably why he ended up in Armagh washing Diesel.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 13, 2020, 01:25:18 PM
If he spills the beans does he potentially get a reduced sentence?
No.

Its a mandatory minimum for murder, this is why nobody pleads guilty. You get the same sentence regardless

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: general_lee on August 13, 2020, 01:47:18 PM
He'll probably appeal. I don't think he can do anything regarding a plea bargain. the guards have their shooter so can't imagine they've any real incentive to offer him anything to try and get the accomplices who they'll probably nail at some stage regardless
While they have their shooter, the evidence seemed dodgy enough if you ask me.
Careful now

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on August 14, 2020, 10:48:18 PM
Quote from: general_lee on August 13, 2020, 01:47:18 PM
While they have their shooter, the evidence seemed dodgy enough if you ask me.
Same