Na Gardaí

Started by 118cmal, November 24, 2008, 03:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

five points

Quote from: joemamas on June 18, 2020, 04:00:56 PM
How can you turn a blog on the taking of a Garda's life in Roscommon into a personal political agenda regarding a killing in Minnesota.
He was a personal friend of mine and a wonderful upstanding person.

Very sorry for your loss. By all accounts he was indeed a wonderful upstanding person. RIP.

Angelo

Quote from: five points on June 18, 2020, 03:54:13 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 18, 2020, 03:45:28 PM
Quote from: five points on June 18, 2020, 03:15:57 PM
That one? See the Tom Clonan Journal.ie link I gave you earlier. Read it to the bottom this time.

That doesn't address it at all.

The only real use of guns in this state is by criminal gangs, other than there is pretty much no shootings to my recollection. Feel free to post up any incidents though but you really seem to be struggling.

I really fail to see the need for gardai other than armed reponse units to be in possession of a firearm and Garda HQ need to have a look at that in light of what happened in Castlerea last night.

By all means try and actually put something to the point you're attempting to make but it's like drawing blood from a stone at this point.

By that yardstick, an armed robbery doesnt count as gun crime unless a gun is discharged. For a lad that has been firing insults all day, that's a wild claim to be making.

Looks like you're really floundering to back your points up here.

For an armed robbery it would be the armed response unit which is called in.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

joemamas

Quote from: five points on June 18, 2020, 04:04:43 PM
How can you turn a blog on the taking of a Garda's life in Roscommon into a personal political agenda regarding a killing in Minnesota.

Very sorry for your loss. By all accounts he was indeed a wonderful upstanding person. RIP.

Thanks, utterly devastated as is the entire Charlestown community.
Still hoping it was a bad dream.

J70

Quote from: J70 on June 18, 2020, 12:14:25 PM
Quote from: five points on June 18, 2020, 11:48:27 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 18, 2020, 11:42:18 AM
Maybe we could all wait till some facts emerge and out of respect for the man who died before pontificating etc.

They didn't do that with George Floyd. Why would they start now?

8+ minute video of a cop kneeling on a guy's neck while he cried for his mother and slowly struggled for breath, lost consciousness and ended up dying caused the outcry.

Are there some facts that have been missed or are still to come out?

1. I am sorry for your personal loss. This was a terrible tragedy.
2. Address your complaint to the person who introduced the subject of George Floyd onto this thread, not the one who you happen to disagree with politically.

whitey

Quote from: weareros on June 18, 2020, 03:35:10 PM
Rest in peace. Awful tragedy for the family. From Charlestown, he was local and widely loved Ballaghaderreen Garda before recently promoted to Detective Garda, as was Garda John Morley, murdered almost 40 years to the date with Garda Henry Byrne.

I was only a kid when Detective Morley and Garda Byrne we're murdered and I still remember where I was when I heard about it. Both my parents were actually crying when they heard the news.

That was a hugely talented bunch of footballers from Charlestown at a time when the standard within the county was really picking up. They were good, clean, hard and well coached lads

I think they lost another lad if that vintage in a drowning accident

five points

Quote from: whitey on June 18, 2020, 04:22:39 PM
I was only a kid when Detective Morley and Garda Byrne we're murdered and I still remember where I was when I heard about it. Both my parents were actually crying when they heard the news.

So do I. My parents were too far removed from it to cry but they were shocked to the core. An awful day, as today is.

whitey

Quote from: five points on June 18, 2020, 04:24:28 PM
Quote from: whitey on June 18, 2020, 04:22:39 PM

So do I. My parents were too far removed from it to cry but they were shocked to the core. An awful day, as today is.

I don't think they knew them personally, but they would probably have known relations of both

sid waddell

Very unusual circumstances to say the least.

It's not clear whether Detective Horkan was himself driving or walking about in the town or whether he was in the station and heard a commotion outside.

Whatever happened, it was pure evil on the part of the murderer.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/fatal-shooting-of-garda-in-roscommon-a-random-act-says-harris-1.4282278

QuoteThe shooting took place near Castlerea Garda station after the detective stopped a man to speak to him on Main Street, apparently after seeing a moped being driven erratically.

It is understood a struggle then ensued during which the detective's firearm came loose from its holster.

The other man then fired the gun multiple times - up to 15 rounds, which is the capacity of the gun - with a number of shots hitting Det Gda Horkan. The gun was empty of bullets when recovered.

Two gardaí from Castlerea station, who were passing the scene in a patrol car, saw the immediate aftermath of the killing. They tackled the suspect and arrested him.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Sadly a local man with a history of mental illness :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Good.
There are 4 moreof the cnuts still at large.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Dougal Maguire

If he spills the beans does he potentially get a reduced sentence?
Careful now