15 (24.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: October 27, 2018, 05:24:49 PM

magpie seanie

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 30, 2018, 06:10:58 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 30, 2018, 06:03:06 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 30, 2018, 04:35:02 PM
Quote from: Hardy on October 28, 2018, 08:22:23 AM
Well done Casey. It's working perfectly. The sheep are bleating.
I suppose the 56% who followed the approved agenda of the media, academia and the bulk of our political class aren't sheep so  ::)

There would have been no election only for the media craving (one for their own ends) and therefore hyping up these non-entities. It was a farce. And it must be remembered that these candidates got political support to get on the ballot paper.

Personally I think it was a poor vote for such an obvious answer. MDH doing a fine job in a ceremonial role....others thought they were going to solve world hunger and what not. The whole thing was an embarrassment if you ask me.
He should have retired gracefully

Effectively he has!

armaghniac

Casey spouting off on the Late Late Show.
Traveller rent a crowd not very impressive either.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

Jennifer zamparelli on the old Twitter claiming casey didn't know what direct provision was when she questioned him in the rte hallway. He's replied that that's completely false.
Someone is lying anyway.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: armaghniac on November 02, 2018, 11:38:08 PM
They found the two travellers with degrees and who work for pavee point
Tubridy was a joke

Main Street

Quote from: armaghniac on November 02, 2018, 11:38:08 PM
Traveller rent a crowd? what's that supposed to mean in this context? They are not Travellers per se but just jump on the Traveller  ethnic protest bandwagon?

Casey's contribution to the debate  were idiotic and bizarre in the extreme,
Move all the Travellers to the Phoenix park, or was it just 5,000 of them?,  house them, presumably not the horses as well - so send all their horses to the knackers yard, build some sort of tent/caravan/mobile city and educate them them to become Irish nationals, stripping off all their Traveller ethnicity, then after 5 years (Casey's timeline) with their Irish ethnic diploma be evicted from the Phoenix Park.
Presumably, what happens to those Travellers who don't conform?  turn the Curragh Camp into a concentration camp? It would be available, because according to Casey Ireland does not need a proper army.

I heard a comment on radio the other day from one person explaining why they voted  for Casey and would support him, "because that man is brave enough to speak the truth". 
Whose truth I wondered?

trailer

Quote from: trailer on October 27, 2018, 04:54:38 PM
Where now for SF? With all the election machinery behind their candidate this was a very disappointing result. As I said LNR was not a credible candidate, in what was, lets face it, a farce of an election. 3 joke candidates and she's had a very disappointing result including coming 3rd in Donegal and her own constituency. This was Mary Lou's first big test as leader and she has failed miserably. Running a candidate in the 1st place was risky. It has backfired spectacularly. They couldn't even get any of the protest vote. LNR may find it difficult to hold her own MEP seat next time round. A crushing election for them.

I think to dismiss Casey's vote a purely an anti traveller vote or protest vote is wrong. 21% is a big vote, especially without any political party behind you. Even SF couldn't muster that.

In the end there was only 2 candidates in the race Casey and Higgins with the other 4 candidates running novelty, joke campaigns.

Called regarding LNR. Hadn't any credibility left to hold her MEP seat.