?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tonto1888

Quote from: screenexile on July 17, 2017, 04:46:07 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 17, 2017, 07:23:33 AM
As I understand it there are 1500 hundred Linfield fans travelling,and they are being accompanied on the entire journey (coaches and boat) by club and eventsec stewards.

I hope they are not subjected to sectarian abuse,it is important that we do not stoop to their level and allow the media to portray the line one's as bad as the other.Let's do the talking on the pitch with a goal avalanche.

Griffiths and Celtic charged by UEFA!!

Griffiths doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the box, what did he think would happen when he tied the scarf to the goalpost? Has he done it at Ibrox?!!

Eejit!

yes, and Tynecastle

Main Street

Celtic are charged for the team picking up 5 yellow cards, foolish when it's just Linfield and there are more important games ahead.

Would it be a more serious charge for Linfield if their fan was accused of throwing a Buckfast bottle onto the pitch?

Hectic

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 17, 2017, 06:48:53 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 17, 2017, 04:46:07 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 17, 2017, 07:23:33 AM
As I understand it there are 1500 hundred Linfield fans travelling,and they are being accompanied on the entire journey (coaches and boat) by club and eventsec stewards.

I hope they are not subjected to sectarian abuse,it is important that we do not stoop to their level and allow the media to portray the line one's as bad as the other.Let's do the talking on the pitch with a goal avalanche.

Griffiths and Celtic charged by UEFA!!

Griffiths doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the box, what did he think would happen when he tied the scarf to the goalpost? Has he done it at Ibrox?!!

Eejit!

yes, and Tynecastle

And a good few other grounds. It is almost a ritual for him at this stage but he probably should have been wise to the fact he was messing with the emotional delicacy of psychopaths on Friday night.

Hectic

Quote from: Main Street on July 17, 2017, 07:38:05 PM
Celtic are charged for the team picking up 5 yellow cards, foolish when it's just Linfield and there are more important games ahead.

Would it be a more serious charge for Linfield if their fan was accused of throwing a Buckfast bottle onto the pitch?

Yeah I thought a lot of the cards were needless and could be costly further down the road. Griffiths could be excused and it was a cowardly, potentially damaging tackle from behind on Armstrong that caused him to react but it was Linfield FFS, we had no need to be picking up any yellow cards.

ned

Quote from: Hectic on July 17, 2017, 08:51:56 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 17, 2017, 07:38:05 PM

Yeah I thought a lot of the cards were needless and could be costly further down the road. Griffiths could be excused and it was a cowardly, potentially damaging tackle from behind on Armstrong that caused him to react but it was Linfield FFS, we had no need to be picking up any yellow cards.

Griffiths card was needless, as in needless for the ref to give it. Unfortunately when the ref allows thugs to get away with thuggery our players are going to react. As for tying the scarf to the post, if that is counted as incitment, I think those who are offended need to look at themselves.

theskull1

An orange knuckle dragger ties a scarf round a lamppost in front of Ardoyne shops to the cheers of his reprobate buddies. Not inciteful? Really?  :o
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

T Fearon

The abuse all of the Celtic players took at the shithole that is Windsor Park,and in particular Brown,Griffiths and Sinclair,was unbelievable.I can well understand Griffiths wanting to rub it in.

Hectic

Tony I detect a different tone from you from last week regarding this fixture, the venue, opponents etc.

Nothing like being stuck in the middle of the like to remind you what they are really like.

Hectic

The Griffiths thing is ridiculous because it came about 5 mins after the game had ended.  After the constant abuse, after the missiles and after attempted pitch invasions.  To try and say that this would incite trouble is bananas given that the torch was well and truly lit long before then. 

Maybe UEFA need to have a look at themselves for inciting everything that went before by not keeping the teams separate in the draw if they feel a scarf to a post at the end of the game could have lead to serious unrest - talk about wanting it both ways.

6th sam

Quote from: Hectic on July 18, 2017, 08:10:56 AM
The Griffiths thing is ridiculous because it came about 5 mins after the game had ended.  After the constant abuse, after the missiles and after attempted pitch invasions.  To try and say that this would incite trouble is bananas given that the torch was well and truly lit long before then. 

Maybe UEFA need to have a look at themselves for inciting everything that went before by not keeping the teams separate in the draw if they feel a scarf to a post at the end of the game could have lead to serious unrest - talk about wanting it both ways.

It doesn't do Griffiths any favours to minimise his behaviour. He is a very talented footballer who continues to show a lack of maturity and responsibility. He is a highly paid professional who as a Celtic footballer needs to avoid any potentially provocative behaviour.
However, it reminds me of the targettting of Neil Lennon. Neil was painted as an individual who brought the abuse on himself , therefore explaining/excusing the behaviour of rangers and NI fans towards him. The atmosphere in Windsor last week was absolutely poisonous and unacceptable . The reaction of the normally placid Stuart Armstrong to a disgraceful tackle epitomises how players can get sucked in, in the context of such a poisonous and aggressive atmosphere.
Leigh Griffiths was intimidated every time he took a corner, including the throwing of missiles( why is this being minimised) . Despite apologist David Healy ridiculously implying such incidents occur in Manchester derbies, these events are now rare and extremely dangerous. In the midst of Griffith's regrettable response, the seriousness of the missile throwing and poisonous atmosphere has been completely minimised. Sadly this is typical of this place, we have been normalising and excusing sectarianism for years.

PAULD123

Quote from: T Fearon on July 18, 2017, 05:57:07 AM
The abuse all of the Celtic players took at the shithole that is Windsor Park,and in particular Brown,Griffiths and Sinclair,was unbelievable.I can well understand Griffiths wanting to rub it in.

Ah but that's the problem. Even you recognise it as rubbing it in. It wasn't a simple tribute to his oown fans it was an insult to the opposition fans. The rules (rightly or wrongly) don't allow for this.

Look UEFA are leaping on a chance to punish Griffiths to cover up the embarrasment that one of their officials chose to book a player for desiring to avoid being struck by a missile. So jump on Griffiths and sweep the ref decision under the carpet. Focus on his wrong to avoid dealing with the wrong that was done to him.

It's a pity he gave them an excuse.

6th sam

Quote from: PAULD123 on July 18, 2017, 08:52:04 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 18, 2017, 05:57:07 AM

Ah but that's the problem. Even you recognise it as rubbing it in. It wasn't a simple tribute to his oown fans it was an insult to the opposition fans. The rules (rightly or wrongly) don't allow for this.

Look UEFA are leaping on a chance to punish Griffiths to cover up the embarrasment that one of their officials chose to book a player for desiring to avoid being struck by a missile. So jump on Griffiths and sweep the ref decision under the carpet. Focus on his wrong to avoid dealing with the wrong that was done to him.

It's a pity he gave them an excuse.

Perfect summary.
Griffiths behaviour around the scarf tying and 5:1 gesture , is not acceptable as it could have thrown petrol
On the flames. However the fact is that the referee's response to the missile  throwing was bizarre and dangerous.

Hectic

Would you say then that the club, manager, his backroom staff etc then have to take some responsibility for Griffiths actions given he did it at a fair few away grounds last season. If it is unacceptable should it have been nipped in the bud the first time he did it rather than letting it become a ritual?

Applesisapples

I don't know why anyone would believe that Windsor could be anything other than poisonous, it always will be no matter what the IFA say, its in the blood.

T Fearon

I agree.It was almost like Celtic appearing at the shit hole was what some of these soap dodgers have been waiting all their lives for,a dream come true,for all the wrong reasons.It was my intention to park in the city centre and actually walk down the Donegal Road to the cesspit,I abandoned that plan while driving up the Donegal Road and observing hordes of red white and blue zombies gathered on street corners boozing away,pre match,nearly three hours before kick off (should this be allowed prior to an explosive fixture like this?).

In any event I have submitted a report to kickitout.org and included a good few seat nos of the worst offenders.