Dublin v Ros Croke Park 5/8/18

Started by Rossfan, August 01, 2018, 11:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Are roscommon even still training?

GalwayBayBoy

In the spirit of the week the players should be given hurls and we'll have a hurling match instead.

Blowitupref

Is this the first ever game that McStay hasn't selected a forward in defence? then again he's suspended so it was probably McHale that selected that team. 3 players given their debuts i suppose apart from Dubs not every player gets to make their championship debuts in Croke Park.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Baile Brigín 2

Roscommon have nothing to lose and zero expectation on them. If they decide to go out and have a cut it could be interesting. If they fold the tent Dublin could run up a record score. Either Dubs by 4 or 40. Nothing inbetween.

Substandard

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on August 02, 2018, 02:54:15 PM
Roscommon have nothing to lose and zero expectation on them. If they decide to go out and have a cut it could be interesting. If they fold the tent Dublin could run up a record score. Either Dubs by 4 or 40. Nothing inbetween.

The pessimist in me would have the range from 14-40...

Jim_Murphy_74

Dublin selection will be interesting.

If Gavin rests players then would be the a second string anxious to prove a point give Roscommon a harder time of it?

It's hard to guess the Roscommon mindset. They have nothing to lose but I don't know could you say they were inhibited in the last games so does that change much?

It will certainly be an anti-climactic end to their season.

/Jim.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on August 02, 2018, 03:07:00 PM
Dublin selection will be interesting.

If Gavin rests players then would be the a second string anxious to prove a point give Roscommon a harder time of it?

It's hard to guess the Roscommon mindset. They have nothing to lose but I don't know could you say they were inhibited in the last games so does that change much?

It will certainly be an anti-climatic end to their season.

/Jim.

Imo Dublin play some fringe players who want to make a point of putting in a good performance ahead of next week
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

RedHand88

Dublin -13 at 10/11 seems like a really really good bet.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on August 02, 2018, 01:01:39 PM
Featherstone
Murray Domican McInerney
McManus DPetit R Timothy
O'Rourke E Smith
Kilroy C Murtagh Devaney
D Murtagh B Stack C Lennon

Reads like an FBD team .

Blood them good and early for it.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

snoopdog

Realistically how many oeoole will turn up for this. Dublin Season ticket holders have to buy tickets to get their final ticket. But as a dead rubber game the gaa couldve dramitlcally dropped the prices  and maybe throw the doors open for kids . Hard to prevent dead rubbers in this format. Kerry kildare shouldve been another one but for monaghans lack of a killer instinct.

RedHand88

Quote from: snoopdog on August 04, 2018, 08:08:31 AM
Realistically how many oeoole will turn up for this. Dublin Season ticket holders have to buy tickets to get their final ticket. But as a dead rubber game the gaa couldve dramitlcally dropped the prices  and maybe throw the doors open for kids . Hard to prevent dead rubbers in this format. Kerry kildare shouldve been another one but for monaghans lack of a killer instinct.

You don't want this game to be a child's first impression of Gaelic football.

The Hill is Blue

There are some suggestions that Bernard Brogan might put in an appearance.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Rossfan

Wishing the lads all the best tomorrow and hope they aren't too humiliated.
Hope the irresponsible selection of giving a lad his inter County debut v Dublin in an AI Qtr Final doesn't ruin him.
Just not looking forward to it at all.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Got a ticket for the centre of the lower Hogan this morning, not a good sign for the attendance.

Blowitupref

Strong Dublin team named then again is it possible for Dublin not to pick a strong starting team?

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose