Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: Good Relations on April 11, 2007, 03:34:16 PM
Well lads its obvious theres no way that you lot can have a serious debate about it so that says it all for me. As far as I am concerned Thomas Davis are only putting off the inevitable and this time next year Rovers will be sole tennants in the Tallaght Stadium.The GAA have no hope on this one... :-* :-*

Not very likely, if magickingdom's observation on the O'Donoghue ranting etc thread is anything to go by

this is a disaster for shamrock rovers. a judicial review can only be granted on a point of law so now its off to the high court. if it goes on the high court list (it may go to the commercial court which is quicker) it could be well into next year before it comes up. then appeals to the supreme court.... have we quit yet? had the result gone rovers way today then it was over they had won and td had no where to go.... so now hopefully some compromise can be worked out so that everyone gets something

Unless you have some contrary insight into this, I'd say this one is going to drag on for years

continuity tug

nice people these rovers fans

dublinfella

Quote from: dubnut on April 11, 2007, 10:40:31 AM
Exactly, dublinfella = hooperama = good relations =  ::)
Funny that once dublinfella was discredited he dissappeared and hooperama appeared.
He couldnt be taken seriously after his first post then good relations appeared, hmmmmmmmm.

discredited?  ;D

just because a few mutants like you decided i was a 'soccer fan' rather than debate the issues?  ::)

i glance at this site every few days, but its gone down the tubes of late. 80% of the posters are semi literate mongs and any deviation away from the cosy consensus gets labelled owc'ers, rovers fans, huns, backwoodsmen or whatever. its pathetic and as there is nothing posted here of any relevance anymore, i get my news from forums that arent as vicious and insular.

i profoundly hope that most of the posters here are kids, because if this site is representitive of the average attitude and intellect of the GAA membership, we are fucked.

deiseach

I think the various ad hominem attacks on dublinfella have been bang out of order. We don't need to descend to the levels of those banner-wielding Shamrock Rovers fans.

dublinfella

Quote from: deiseach on April 11, 2007, 09:16:16 PM
I think the various ad hominem attacks on dublinfella have been bang out of order. We don't need to descend to the levels of those banner-wielding Shamrock Rovers fans.

no, you would rather support the right of the chair of TD to actually stae he was out to kill a rival sports club than a few fans who are exasperated their stadium project has been delayed another two years....

deiseach

Quote from: dublinfella on April 11, 2007, 09:21:09 PM
no, you would rather support the right of the chair of TD to actually stae he was out to kill a rival sports club than a few fans who are exasperated their stadium project has been delayed another two years....

Where did the chair of TD say that he wanted to "kill" Shamrock Rovers? And how does it tally with this?

We are pleased that the High Court has granted leave for our judicial review against the March 2006 planning decision of the South Dublin County Coucil to proceed.

This outcome confirms that there are substantial grounds for the position which Thomas Davis have taken on this matter and also makes it clear that whoever else may be responsible for the delays caused over the past 12 months to the completion of the Tallaght Stadium, it is not Thomas Davis.

However, there are no victories in this process. In our view, Thomas Davis and the GAA community, Shamrock Rovers and their supporters, and the entire community in Tallaght are all victims of the totally intransigent and untenable position that has been adopted by the Minister for Arts, Sports and Tourism, John O'Donoghue, in relation to the stadium. Ultimately the Minister's position will have to change.

Our objective is to ensure that the stadium is developed to the benefit of the entire community in Tallaght including the GAA, but recognising the priority use of the stadium by Shamrock Rovers. We have been pursuing a number of measures to give life to this objective in recent weeks and will be up-scaling these efforts in the weeks ahead and thereafter while we await the substantive planning point coming before the court.

dublinfella

Quote from: deiseach on April 11, 2007, 09:42:29 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on April 11, 2007, 09:21:09 PM

Where did the chair of TD say that he wanted to "kill" Shamrock Rovers? And how does it tally with this?

We are pleased that the High Court has granted leave for our judicial review against the March 2006 planning decision of the South Dublin County Coucil to proceed.

This outcome confirms that there are substantial grounds for the position which Thomas Davis have taken on this matter and also makes it clear that whoever else may be responsible for the delays caused over the past 12 months to the completion of the Tallaght Stadium, it is not Thomas Davis.

However, there are no victories in this process. In our view, Thomas Davis and the GAA community, Shamrock Rovers and their supporters, and the entire community in Tallaght are all victims of the totally intransigent and untenable position that has been adopted by the Minister for Arts, Sports and Tourism, John O'Donoghue, in relation to the stadium. Ultimately the Minister's position will have to change.

Our objective is to ensure that the stadium is developed to the benefit of the entire community in Tallaght including the GAA, but recognising the priority use of the stadium by Shamrock Rovers. We have been pursuing a number of measures to give life to this objective in recent weeks and will be up-scaling these efforts in the weeks ahead and thereafter while we await the substantive planning point coming before the court.

Remember the 'last man standing' email?

He has made more than one comment in public on this. Privately, he is far less guarded on the matter. Do to the Blue Haven in Templeogue, buy him a pint and massage his ego. He will tell you all about his intentions then....

deiseach

Quote from: dublinfella on April 11, 2007, 09:47:19 PM

He has made more than one comment in public on this. Privately, he is far less guarded on the matter. Do to the Blue Haven in Templeogue, buy him a pint and massage his ego. He will tell you all about his intentions then....

Your credibility with regard to what people say in private is in tatters, so forgive me if I discount all this man-in-the-pub stuff, okay?

darbyo

I think it's a shame that Dublinfella and Good Relations are being dimissed as WUM's or gougers. I did'nt think agreeeing with the GAA point of view (or at least as it is expressed on this site) was a prerequisite for posting. Personally I welcome other points of view being expressed,fair and reasoned debate should be encouraged, on some of the soccer sites any of the posters who don't tow the party line re the GAA are often similarily dismissed, which is pathetic IMO. Dublinfella or Good Relations don't come across as WUM's to me, infact dublinfella has argued his point ( re Tallaght) pretty well, though he has avoided some pertinent questions put to him by some of the more informed posters.I don't know enough about the situation in Tallaght to make a comment on it however from reading the threads I do feel that TD have a reasonable gripe and that dublinfella's primary objection is that TD are engaging in this for the sole reason of destroying SR.If Good Relations is a genuine poster who came on here to debate the situation then he should be welcomed, if he shows himself to be a WUM then it's easy to ignore his posts.

dublinfella

Quote from: deiseach on April 11, 2007, 09:49:58 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on April 11, 2007, 09:47:19 PM

Your credibility with regard to what people say in private is in tatters, so forgive me if I discount all this man-in-the-pub stuff, okay?

Its called local knowledge Deiseach. He aint a popular fellow. There are a lot of grumblings in Dublin about the DCB;s role in all this, why else did someone in GAA circles leak his scurrilious email to the Indo?

deiseach

Quote from: dublinfella on April 11, 2007, 09:55:46 PM
Its called local knowledge Deiseach. He aint a popular fellow. There are a lot of grumblings in Dublin about the DCB;s role in all this, why else did someone in GAA circles leak his scurrilious email to the Indo?

Local knowledge? How do we know you have local knowledge? You've been quite happy in the past to trumpet the mutterings of those who have been demonstrated (to be charitable about it; there are much more sulphurous interpretations) to know naff all about the matter at hand. So I don't see why I should take your claims to local knowledge at face value.

dublinfella

Quote from: deiseach on April 11, 2007, 10:04:52 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on April 11, 2007, 09:55:46 PM

Local knowledge? How do we know you have local knowledge? You've been quite happy in the past to trumpet the mutterings of those who have been demonstrated (to be charitable about it; there are much more sulphurous interpretations) to know naff all about the matter at hand. So I don't see why I should take your claims to local knowledge at face value.

OK lets go at this the other way; if Kennedy and his use of TD as a vehicle in the courts is actually supported by the Dublin GAA and wider community, you will find me one local TD, councellor, election candidate, community group, even another GAA club in the area ffs (remember 6 originally took this case, 5 have dropped out) that support TD on this. One. Anyone in a civic or sporting capacity that believe that their actions are for the good.

This is the action of a crank who is relying on the average GAA mans sense of community to defend his actions. No other GAA forum gives him the support this one does.

deiseach

Quote from: dublinfella on April 11, 2007, 10:11:48 PM
OK lets go at this the other way; if Kennedy and his use of TD as a vehicle in the courts is actually supported by the Dublin GAA and wider community, you will find me one local TD, councellor, election candidate, community group, even another GAA club in the area ffs (remember 6 originally took this case, 5 have dropped out) that support TD on this. One. Anyone in a civic or sporting capacity that believe that their actions are for the good.

The wider GAA, as represented by the President, have expressed their support for Thomas Davis' position, and I've yet to see the other clubs that you mention say they don't support them. If you had a shred of evidence to suggest this to be the case, I'm sure we'd have heard of it by now. As for the politicians, I'd imagine most of them would hope this would go away. Coming down on either side in such an unpredictable battle - witness your oft-stated conviction that the whole thing would be stopped by the beak before it even started - would be political stupidity.

Quote from: dublinfella on April 11, 2007, 10:11:48 PM
This is the action of a crank who is relying on the average GAA mans sense of community to defend his actions. No other GAA forum gives him the support this one does.

The people over on AFR, the only other GAA forum I frequent, seem to be pretty much behind Thomas Davis. Granted, it isn't as (ahem) aggressive as it is over here, but the consensus there is clear. If that's the viewpoint of the moderate GAA, then Thomas Davis have nothing to worry about on that score.

Oh, and spare us the whole 'crank' routine. The statement I quoted above is from the Executive Committee of Thomas Davis GAA club. Louis Kilcoyne he ain't.

dublinfella

Quote from: deiseach on April 11, 2007, 10:30:22 PM
As for the politicians, I'd imagine most of them would hope this would go away. Coming down on either side in such an unpredictable battle - witness your oft-stated conviction that the whole thing would be stopped by the beak before it even started - would be political stupidity.

so no, you couldnt find anyone willing to back TD?

Bertie Aherne, Taoiseach, turned the sod on the stadium and will be at the Milltown 20 commeration tomorrow.

John O'Donoghue Minister for Sport who has stuck to his guns

Pat Rabbite, local TD who has expressed dissapointment in the TD position and supported Rovers since the plans were drawn up

Charlie O'Connor, local TD who has taken out membership of the 400c and goes to every game.

Sean Crowe local TD who has repeatedly come out in support of Rovers. (3 out of 4 local TD's has publically supported Rovers)

and every single councellor in the SDCC who voted for a soccer only stadium when last asked.

Come on Deiseach, real world please.

Baile an tuaigh

Why don't they rename the club "roserovers" seeing they are so anti-gaelic. 8)